Vogue Paris December 2010/January 2011 : Daphne Groeneveld & Tom Ford by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

Iris wins this one, as usual.

i'm not gonna even touch that cover :innocent:

The calendar is so Columbia-University-frad-pad-upper-east-side-rich-boys. Yeah something they'd hang on their wall

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol: Okay...

I still don't get how there's too much nudity, especially compared to last year's calendar which people seemed to love. :innocent:

:lol: Okay...

I still don't get how there's too much nudity, especially compared to last year's calendar which people seemed to love. :innocent:

Well I personally have nothing against nudity and I particularly like VP type of nudity. But it has to be done well, and this isn't.:yuk:

How is the way Daria's photographed any worse than girls photographed like this though?

tcHQk.jpg
llWtA.jpg

HfbiS.jpg
yE5F6.jpg

fashiongonerouge

Just because you "see" more with Daria's calendar doesn't make it more vulgar than last year's calendar, which I thought was awful. Last year's calendar was much closer to "p*rn" than this year's. I remember a lot of people liking that calendar, so I'm just kind of bewildered.

See, to me that looks like something shot for Penthouse circa 1978.

I am not bothered by the nudity in the calendar. The whole point is to play off the vintage pin-up calendar. I am just bothered by how lazy it seems. The shots are beautiful, but the whole thing looks like it was shot in 15 minutes.

I really want to see the entire Pu$$y West editorial.

How is the way Daria's photographed any worse than girls photographed like this though?

Just because you "see" more with Daria's calendar doesn't make it more vulgar than last year's calendar, which I thought was awful. Last year's calendar was much closer to "p*rn" than this year's. I remember a lot of people liking that calendar, so I'm just kind of bewildered.

But at least for me the problem has nothing to do with being less or more closer to p*rn, seeing more or less of Daria's body, it has simply no artistic value. It's the type of naked photography than anyone can do on the cheap.

The full calendar does lack in diversty, there are some shots that are outtake worthy at best, however i still like it.

If Daria's shoot was an accessories editorial inside the magazine, I would probably appreciate the sensual nature of it, but as a calendar, there's no appropriate place - in my life, at the moment - to display something on the wall with that degree of nudity, so ultimately, it's of no use to me. Not that Vogue Paris is concerned with practicality...

I once got an issue of Elle Japon that came with a calendar of vintage magazine covers with supermodels, and it was the best one I've ever received.

But at least for me the problem has nothing to do with being less or more closer to p*rn, seeing more or less of Daria's body, it has simply no artistic value. It's the type of naked photography than anyone can do on the cheap.
Exactly. I find it pretty boring; it's not fun or sexy or... anything. So all I see is a whole bunch of body parts that I don't care about.

I feel bad that a lot of people in the US have a hard time getting the Calendar! I dont know why my poor white trash florida town always has it at their Books-A-Million.

I just received the issue today. I haven't read it yet but the cover is really sensationnal.
Though I must admit that I'm disappointed with the calendar too. Okay the shots are beautiful, so Daria is etc... but I'm kinda tired of seeing puss**s and boobs everywhere...

Pus$y west looks incredible! I can't wait to see it in HQ. finally Terry's done something that is still very much him, but well done at the same time.

Puss* West looks indeed, amazing. The concept that they're aiming for was perfectly executed. I especially love the second shot wherein the girls are aiming their guns at the male model. ^_^ And yes, something great from Terry Richardson! Like finally! :lol::D Though I see some Mario Testino/Steven Klein influence in the editorial. But still, it looks great! :smile:

ed is okay but styling looks like garbage and ruined all editorial
its first Julia Von boehm big work in Vogue paris (not bijoux or zoom just big spread) and it looks terrible+ slightly have something common with a movie

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
versacebandana
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->