Vogue Paris February 2019 : Erika Linder by Mikael Jansson

Wow, surprising choice! Definitely on board with this. She's a stunning, yet underrated actress.
There's something very 90's about the shot, in a good way. And her cute smile along with the yellow made the cover look light and joyful.

It looks like she's actually wearing a men's suit, not a men's-inspired suit for women. For that too, I think it stays very true to the theme and what Erika is about.

Last edited:
This is a very refreshing cover. That smile is contagious. The colors worked as well.

February covers have been usually strong. This is not as strong as others, but this is definitely a good one.

Love her or hate her, Alt found a direction for her magazine and stuck with it (regardless of the outcome). One of the few things I’d give her credit for.

It looks like she's actually wearing a men's suit, not a men's-inspired suit for women. For that too, I think it stays very true to the theme and what Erika is about.

Noticed this too! The shoulder area was very telling. And I love it more just because of that. A new day, new identity

OH God ! UNisex again.. What a dessapointed cover to start the year. I love Jansson photographie but this one emulates the isselin -sims cover from last august and the model is not relevant at all
I guess the Celine - Slimame influence will reing for a few years again

I have absolutely zero interest in her but I do like the bright background and yellow colors. Feels uplifting in these days, reminder spring is on its way. Also very happy to see Jansson get another cover, I definitely enjoy his work.

'Tomboy with a tousled blonde bob' reminds me too much of last August's issue with Iselin, and if 'unisex' is where the mood of Vogue Paris is heading, I think I'll wait it out.

BEAUTIFUL. I'm glad they ditched their layout from last month's issue and went back to their usual one.

I really like it. It's luminous, simple and I love how she has wonky teeth and there's little Photoshop.

I like this cover: the image is simple and straightforward. I am not acknowledged on her career but even after a quick research it is clear that she's the perfect subject for the unisex concept.
I still remember the bad attempt by US Vogue to represent unisex clothing with Gigi and Zayn talking about how they switch clothes lol. That was ridiculous, this is well thought and well executed.

I like this cover: the image is simple and straightforward. I am not acknowledged on her career but even after a quick research it is clear that she's the perfect subject for the unisex concept.
I still remember the bad attempt by US Vogue to represent unisex clothing with Gigi and Zayn talking about how they switch clothes lol. That was ridiculous, this is well thought and well executed.

When Zayn and Gigi did the US cover, I could be wrong - I don't know how it works - but I suspect Donatella was behind it. Zayn had launched his unisex type collection with Versus, with the campaign photographed by Gigi, so it looked to me like Donatella was trying to appeal to millennials, pushing the unisex agenda for Versus. Of course it rightfully backfired, as it often does when it's not genuine. I could be wrong but I did wonder if it was her idea rather than Vogue's, if that sort of things can happen.

I have never heard about her. But I enjoy what I see. It's bright and it's much needed in our cloudy winter days!

Remember their write up about gender fluidity? Yikes

I have never heard about her. But I enjoy what I see. It's bright and it's much needed in our cloudy winter days!

You need to see Below Her Mouth then! Absolutely. Quite liked the way it dealt with female sexuality, I think, and the fact that it was created by an all-lesbian crew.

I love her & I like this > I imagine this image to be very much what an average french girl buying vogue would respond too as well, raw, smiley, tomboy-ish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JJ00
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->