Vogue Paris February 2020 : Jill Kortleve by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

it's so bad that i like it lol...looks more like a summer supplement cover for a department store....i prefer this over VI for sure...

I kinda like it! The whole cut and paste concept reminds me of the Vogue Paris editorial with Imaan Hammam by Inez & Vinoodh from the December 2017/January 2018 issue. I'm also taken back to VP covers from the 90s (like the one with Meghan Douglas by Mario Testino).

Who is she?
What’s this?

She also appeared on Vogue Nederland cover in october 2019....and walked ss20 season for Mugler, McQueen, Michael Kors, Prabal Gurung among others...

I think it's hilarious that Vogue Paris's way of embracing "Vogue Values" is by putting someone who 95% of people would consider thin or at least of standard model proportions on their cover and calling her a "body positive figure" who "redefines the standards of beauty." Or maybe it's just the way they Photoshopped her? Anyway, apparently Vogue Paris's concept of promoting awareness and embracing body positivity is by including a new face who isn't at least a size 2 on their cover, and the paradox amuses me. They may as well have featured Lara Stone on the cover and called it the "Body Diversity Issue." :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I think it's hilarious that Vogue Paris's way of embracing "Vogue Values" is by putting someone who 95% of people would consider thin or at least of standard model proportions on their cover and calling her a "body positive figure" who "redefines the standards of beauty." Or maybe it's just the way they Photoshopped her? Anyway, apparently Vogue Paris's concept of promoting awareness and embracing body positivity is by including a new face who isn't at least a size 2 on their cover, and the paradox amuses me. They may as well have featured Lara Stone on the cover and called it the "Body Diversity Issue." :rolleyes:

It’s France my dear. She has a normal curvy body but this is considered « plus size » here. There’s also a small body positivity movement here and there are women that are bigger than this girl or even than Ashley Graham (to name someone famous) but being big is not culturally celebrated here. It’s mostly linked with bad health...
It would be culturally innacurate to put a curvy model by US standards in a French magazine where it won’t be well received...

She might be different from the usual fashion standards but it doesn't show on the cover. That's a pity, especially when the title states "different".
I don't even mind the cut and pink background at this point. The representation is just wrong and I feel like it's a missed opportunity.

It’s France my dear. She has a normal curvy body but this is considered « plus size » here. There’s also a small body positivity movement here and there are women that are bigger than this girl or even than Ashley Graham (to name someone famous) but being big is not culturally celebrated here. It’s mostly linked with bad health...
It would be culturally innacurate to put a curvy model by US standards in a French magazine where it won’t be well received...

I had no idea who this model was before I saw her name featured on this thread and was judging by what I saw on the cover only. She doesn't look remotely plus-sized on the cover, so even if they are trying to promote body positivity, they picked the wrong cover image to reflect that concept. Like I said, I'm unfamiliar with the model and Googled more photos of her and she is indeed plus-size, but they could've done a much better job of showcasing that. Maybe the editorial(s) inside the magazine will be a much stronger execution of the theme than the cover, which has almost always been the case with Vogue Paris over the past several years.

She might be different from the usual fashion standards but it doesn't show on the cover. That's a pity, especially when the title states "different".
I don't even mind the cut and pink background at this point. The representation is just wrong and I feel like it's a missed opportunity.

I 100% agree!

Well we are not very fan of huge changement. Emmanuelle is just careful. She wants to have this kind of topics but I think she wants to avoid the way Carine did things.

Maike Inga by Alasdair McLellan:

That's the only preview they're releasing? They usually release about 3 shots.

As it should be everywhere.

Jill is a gorgeous girl but this is all so meh.

I also can’t stand this awkward boob-clamp trend. It doesn’t look flattering on anyone.

Vogue Paris February 2020

Lola, Jill, Fran, Vivienne et Anita

Photographer: Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin
Stylist: Emmanuelle Alt
Hair: James Pecis
Makeup: Lisa Butler
Cast: Jill Kortleve, Fran Summers, Vivienne Rohner, Lola Nicon & Anita Pozzo

Vogue Paris Digital Edition

Last edited by a moderator:
Vogue Paris February 2020

Giselle, Vittoria, Maty, Kasper, Abby, Maike, Maud, Kerolyn, Amrit

Photographer: Alasdair McLellan
Stylist: Aleksandra Woroniecka
Hair: Shon
Makeup: Lynsey Alexander
Manicure: Pebbles
Cast: Giselle Norman, Vittoria Ceretti, Maty Fall, Abby Champion, Maike Inga, Maud Hoevelaken, Kerolyn Soares, Kasper Kapica & Amrit

Vogue Paris Digital Edition

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oldiegoldie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"