Vogue Paris March 2010 : Rose Cordero by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

Perfection. I love that Rose got a cover of Vogue, no less Vogue Paris. She is going to be a blazing star!

What to say of the cover!? Gorgeous!!
I've never heard of her, but she definitely should be a star, reminds me of the great Iman.

It's a bit reminiscent of covers from the 70's and 80's when they frequently used full face portraits for the cover ( check the Iconography site for reference: http://www.fashion-iconography.net/Covers-VogueParis.htm )

I love that cover. I bet it looks even better in real. Can't wait to have it on my hands.

ASF I have to agree that M&M's work in VP is pretty uninspired and bland...

But onto the subject of this cover, I'm just in love :heart:, Rose is growing from that meek girl into a true beauty, I love the simplicity and softness of the cover. The ed is kind of a bore though :(.

its more like a catalog showing beautiful girl, stylist work and post-production retouching efforts

^ Isn't that the definition of a studio shoot anyway? :lol:

ASF I have to agree that M&M's work in VP is pretty uninspired and bland...

But onto the subject of this cover, I'm just in love :heart:, Rose is growing from that meek girl into a true beauty, I love the simplicity and softness of the cover. The ed is kind of a bore though :(.
Amen. :ninja:

I love it, it's so striking. Imagine how wonderful it will look on the stands :heart:

I think she has been heavily photoshopped in her ed, her features look very different than normal.

What a great cover!
It's just simple and beautiful.
I don't know about the editorial inside, but I mostly like VP for the styling which is always the best imo.
again, it's an great cover.

OMG! That cover is stong and breathtaking as well! It has this Vogue Italia Fierceness vibe but still remains its Vogue Paris vibe for fashion. I love it. Fresh face, her first cover, fabulous at its best!

The rumours all fitted, but I couldn't quite picture Rose on the cover of VP. But I have to say, she really does pull it off. Her eyes are just bewitching, and I love that they chose such a striking beauty shot as the cover...

Also, I know a lot of people seem to have a problem with it, but I love the inclusion of that Vuitton accessory. The dash of logo is such a typically Carine addition - it brings what is essentially a straightforward and timeless portrait firmly into our brand obsessed age. It always makes me laugh how the VP team both embrace and make fun of brand identity and logo overloads.

I hope VP continue this tradition of choosing one new girl for a debut cover each year (Anna S, Iris, Rose). They always seem to end up being spectacularly strong covers.

i hope in this issue back Testino

Disappointing. I find this cover and whole concept (styling particularly) to be intolerably boring. Whilst I appreciate the attempt to have some new faces in Vogue Paris, this concept does nothing to excite me the way Vogue Paris has in the past.

Besides, they could have done so much with Rose, and they came up with this? It's like they didn't even bother. And am I the only one who gets the sense that the editorial shows more of the stylists work than it does of Rose? It bothers me that she plays second fiddle to the hideous military styling (I'm guessing Emanuelle Alt).

^mert and marcus eds in vogue paris are always about Carine styling... and its roitfeld, there isnt any scent of Alt (thanks God)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scoutshonor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->