Vogue Paris March 2015 : Kate, Daria & Lara by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

I'm with you on the Kate part. Besides that, this woman looks nothing like the real Kate. She and Madonna own shares in Adobe. Daria is a composite of two different close ups hence the weird vibe. Lara is the only one I can stomach. But wake me up when Alt comes with something new please.

Obviously Kate has been retouched, they all were. But Daria looks the worst here I'm afraid. I'd gladly have taken any other girl in stead of her.

Hope VP sale went ok, it feels like ultimatum. They have to follow their early success to survive each month, it's sad.

these are too cool, would have liked to see some other prada looks instead of just one though!

Hope VP sale went ok, it feels like ultimatum. They have to follow their early success to survive each month, it's sad.

I know this part should be on The Business of Magazines Thread but since it was brought up...

From my understanding of their circulation average per year:
a. Column 1 indicates the year of publication
b. Column 2 indicates the average of issues printed
c. Column 3 indicates the average issues sold in France
d. Column 4 indicates the average issues sold Internationally

2010 - 215,349 | 121,055 | 39,680
2011 - 223 263 | 121,103 | 39,869
2012 - 221 856 | 122,618 | 36,168
2013 - 219 900 | 118,024 | 32,477
2014 - 219,930 | 121,871 | 35,426 (DSH)
OJD, Vogue Paris Media Kit

I think the sales are indeed okay because it grew instead of fell even after the departure of Carine. There was a demise on the year 2013 (especially some issues from this year were really stale and uninspiring). Well at least, they got back up during 2014.

Although, can someone clarify the 2014 data. It is on their 2015 media kit so it has to be the data for 2014 but on OJD, it states 2013/2014. So I'm not really sure.

Obviously Kate has been retouched, they all were. But Daria looks the worst here I'm afraid. I'd gladly have taken any other girl in stead of her.

Well but i guess for whatever reason they meant it like that. I saw an image of Daria recently totally unretouched but with flawless make up and she's still on the top of her game, the same cannot be said of Kate or Madonna, those women we see on the cover simply do not exist anymore.

^I don't see why that is such an issue. If you think it is a problem of deception then I would argue Daria and Laras cover are the worst, because it is believable to a greater degree that they actually look like that.

^I don't see why that is such an issue. If you think it is a problem of deception then I would argue Daria and Laras cover are the worst, because it is believable to a greater degree that they actually look like that.

But i do not see absolutely nothing wrong with that, i guess that's the whole point in this case. With Kate the suspension of disbelief is simply impossible, so it does not work whatsoever for me.

^ah, well that's the difference between you and me. This is the Kate I always see:P

I know this part should be on The Business of Magazines Thread but since it was brought up...

From my understanding of their circulation average per year:
a. Column 1 indicates the year of publication
b. Column 2 indicates the average of issues printed
c. Column 3 indicates the average issues sold in France
d. Column 4 indicates the average issues sold Internationally

2010 - 215,349 | 121,055 | 39,680
2011 - 223 263 | 121,103 | 39,869
2012 - 221 856 | 122,618 | 36,168
2013 - 219 900 | 118,024 | 32,477
2014 - 219,930 | 121,871 | 35,426 (DSH)
OJD, Vogue Paris Media Kit

I think the sales are indeed okay because it grew instead of fell even after the departure of Carine. There was a demise on the year 2013 (especially some issues from this year were really stale and uninspiring). Well at least, they got back up during 2014.

Although, can someone clarify the 2014 data. It is on their 2015 media kit so it has to be the data for 2014 but on OJD, it states 2013/2014. So I'm not really sure.

MON, thanks so much for this!!! OJD's tracking is actually more detailed than Audited Media as it breaks the figures down on a monthly, as opposed to annual, basis. You should post it in the Business of Fashion thread as well, Miss Dalloway would be interested in this.

I miss I&V for Vogue Paris
:(
They only had 1 cover in 2014

I feel like they slowly fade out from the Vogue Paris covers

Last edited by a moderator:
^yeah me too! Hoping it's going to happen this year with the "new" VP.

Mert & Marcus ONLY using there friends#family for VP covers/campaigns (nepotism) .. Tired of that sh*t

Last edited by a moderator:
The covers are fine, but i prefer the other ones from September 2012. I was hoping than VP used other photographer (not M&M) to shoot the biggest spring issue.

^^^ This clique is never going to let anyone new in.

Emmanuelle needs to discover and bring in new talents-- whether that's with new photographers, stylists and art director(s) and new faces. They needn't throw out the old and familiar, but they need to be more inclusive and evolve. VP is becoming too much this insufferable clique of same old same old where everyone else-- including the readers, feel left out. I get that Mert & Marcus will always be a staple of this publication, and that's fine, and even once in a while, they do bring something that works beautifully-- despite their insistence on such gaudy and heavy-handed retouching and their constant tributes/homage/rip-offs of greater fashion photography/photographers.

This clique needs to diversify and step out of their familiar grounds. Fabien and Carinne's VP did that and now his Interview is even stronger than ever (even more so than when he was Art Director back in the late-80s) following this strategy of evolving his brand-identity. He's surrounded himself with great talents but also invite newcomers that give his brand a bolt of freshness from time to time, all the while strengthening Interview's brand.

Emmanuelle can't, or doesn't seem to want to do that. And truth is, she doesn't seem to need to since VP is doing relatively well, and types like her never bother to get off their ***es unless they're fighting for their survival. Fabien is a visionary, while Emmanuelle and her besties Mert & Marcus are just a bunch of rich partygirls who like to play dress-up with their friends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Riska21
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->