Vogue Paris May 2006 : Anna Maria Urajevskaya by Mario Testino

i think the cover looks fun :P .
i'd love to see the cannes special, for the wim wenders photographs..:heart:

I really like the cover, it's much better than a cover of some dreary celebrity. It sounds like the content is good too. I can't wait to see the eds!

masquerade said:
i agree with that it looks old cindy cover in styling, but there is a difference. cindy and paulina look comfortable, and anna mariya looks stiff and awkward in her picture

maybe thats just me. anyway, if she didnt look like that, i may like the cover more
Agreed 100%. Such a beautiful face, but the pose looks strangely stiff and forced.

i liked the cover, who are the model:heart:

masquerade said:
i agree with that it looks old cindy cover in styling, but there is a difference. cindy and paulina look comfortable, and anna mariya looks stiff and awkward in her picture

maybe thats just me. anyway, if she didnt look like that, i may like the cover more

I agree.

Thanks for posting! I was waiting to find out who was on the cover! :D

Thanks for the info kaschemme!:D:flower:
I Like it. further supple!!:woot:
welcome to a fashion model on the cover. not celeb!!
very 80's she bushy eyebrows. but it's ok... hahahah :innocent: that's point.
I think she looks different in the cover as usual..
normaly she looks pure pretty and so young ..
anyway she's definitely new star.

here img models site anna page link
http://www.imgmodels.com/details.asp?im=041.JPG&sl=&modelid=50806&agencyid=9050&sexid=&careerid=&subnameid=2605&areaid=&letter=&txtsoftsearch=anna%20mariya&curpage=1

Last edited by a moderator:
20 pages of Sasha and 7 pages of Caroline T makes up for anything that might be dissatisfactory about this issue for me :clap:

littlemissmagic said:
to me the cover just looks sooooo throwback-90s...in a bad way though :S

btw i mistyped and meant to agree with everyone on the whole 80s thing not 90s, though really i guess if the cover is that bad, what difference does it make...

anyways, i guess i HAVE to have this issue, i mean i bought US march vogue just for the 5-6 pages of Sasha in the Steven Klein ed!

Better scan from models.com with a little write-up...
041.jpg

The Anna Mariya Moment

Since her opening and closing turns at the FW 06 Prada show, modelwatchers have been waiting for the first editorial bursts from IMG’s chic newcomer, Anna Mariya. Appropriately enough, it’s French Vogue first on the case with this classically gorgeous cover snap of the new beauty in town. Very 80’s Avedon circa his Revlon “Unforgettable” campaign, no?

To me, the cover feels rather mid-late 70s (Bourdin or Newton) - at least with that alienating psycho stare (I mean it in a good way). The 80s covers had a more straightforward look - while this cover is clearly rather bizarre.

These small ones are from 74, 76 and 77. Crazy stares delivered from Jane Birkin, unknown and Catherine Deneuve.

Attachments

• VOFr197408_00.jpg
    VOFr197408_00.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 718
  • VOFr197602_00.jpg
    VOFr197602_00.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 720
  • VOFr197711_00.jpg
    VOFr197711_00.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 712
I don't like the cover very much... I don't know the model but she looks so awkward.
It seems to be an interesting issue however... :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EthanY
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->