Vogue Paris May 2016 : Lottie Moss & Lucky Blue Smith by Mario Testino

The cover is a bit on the amateurish side and Lucky does stand out here. I've learned to never get excited about anything Testino produces but I'm curious as to what their editorial will look like.

The funny thing is, when Natasha, Daria, Kate or Anna were on the cover of Vogue Paris, the threads would be full of rants and endless complaints of how sick and tired everyone was of Alt's repetitive choices. Those girls don't seem so boring and overused now, huh?

That being said, I'm notoffended as most others are, over the sight of this cover. Yeah, feels like the same calibre as last month and the month before but I don't exactly mind the sight of Lottie Moss on Vogue Paris. Given half-sister Kate's relationship with both the magazine and Alt herself, Lottie making her debut on VP certainly shouldn't have come as a total shock.

To be honest Kate, Gisele, Lara, etc. line-up made me sick too... With exception of Daria but I am biased, so let's strike this off.

There were lovely covers with Liya, Emily DiDonato...

If we can't move forward then There's Anja Rubik, Constance Jablonki (French), Josephine Le Tutour (French), Edita, Raquel, Anna Ewers, Liya, , Malgosia, Freja, Sasha, MariaCarla, Joan... Seriously!!! :-))) There's the whole legion of Supers...

There're so many beautiful French acctresses...

^^I think it comes as a shock because Lottie has been doing nothing as a model, not long ago I was asking on her thread if she was still working... and it´s just her, if Kate was also on the cover it wouldn´t be shocking(specially with that tagline). Gigi or Kendall landing a VP cover is consistent with their recent body of work.

At this point I rather see an actress than these kids -_-

Last edited by a moderator:
At this rate Kylie Jenner will be on the cover before Karlie/Raquel. :rolleyes:

The funny thing is, when Natasha, Daria, Kate or Anna were on the cover of Vogue Paris, the threads would be full of rants and endless complaints of how sick and tired everyone was of Alt's repetitive choices. Those girls don't seem so boring and overused now, huh?

That being said, I'm notoffended as most others are, over the sight of this cover. Yeah, feels like the same calibre as last month and the month before but I don't exactly mind the sight of Lottie Moss on Vogue Paris. Given half-sister Kate's relationship with both the magazine and Alt herself, Lottie making her debut on VP certainly shouldn't have come as a total shock.

I wouldn't have been shocked if Lottie was featured in an editorial but a cover? It's way too soon. I'm still confused as to why she's even popular? No one really likes her on here, at least with the other nepotism girls they have large numbers of followers but Lottie is just some plain girl with a useful surname. Isn't as popular as Kendall or Gigi so it's not like she was shot because of her following... Lucky on the other hand..

Maybe they chose Lucky because he's popular and Lottie for the shock factor? Either way, it's attention. :rolleyes:

It says a lot when Vogue Ukraine does a better job with a French model...
Lottie looks like she's 30 and don't get me started on Lucky, I can't stand him:angry:
If you want to give us a supermodel sibling/family member, at least choose a better one! Anna Cleveland for example!
Is it what French women want to buy? As one myself, this is not.
Who are we going to have next month? Kim? Khloé? Kylie?

I wouldn't have been shocked if Lottie was featured in an editorial but a cover? It's way too soon. I'm still confused as to why she's even popular? No one really likes her on here, at least with the other nepotism girls they have large numbers of followers but Lottie is just some plain girl with a useful surname. Isn't as popular as Kendall or Gigi so it's not like she was shot because of her following... Lucky on the other hand..

Maybe they chose Lucky because he's popular and Lottie for the shock factor? Either way, it's attention. :rolleyes:

In an industry which waits for no one, how fast is too soon? Better to be the first than the last to feature a model, I would assume. Alt got stick last month and the month before, for using one of Carine Roitfeld's alleged finds.. after Roitfeld had featured Kaia Gerber and Gigi Hadid in her namesake magazine first.

My god, how desperate of Emmanuelle. This whole magazine has gotten just so sad.

At this point i don't mind Edie or Gigi, because Edie has improved a lot and Gigi's VP cover was decent, even good, but Lottie Moss has to be one of the most boring "models" out there especially when your sister is Kate Moss. Kate was never my cup of tea but i have to agree that she always look good and she's a great model, but seeing her sister trying to model is really disappointing. No comments on the boy.

I can't even bother to go into a full on rant of how disappointed I am, it's just not worth it.

Moderator Note:

So you know, this thread was veering off topic so we removed several member's posts that were not related to Vogue Paris and this issue in particular. Please stay on topic. If you wish to comment about social media and editor's actions, you may do so in Rumor has it... or if you wish to ask for favors from someone or have a question for a moderator, please send a PM.

Thanks!

I wouldn't mind Lottie Moss being on the cover (nepotism is everywhere in fashion, whatever) if she was 1/10th as captivating and interesting as Kate was when she was her age.

Well..I don't know what to say. It's pretty terrible but better than having Bella or Kendall.

I'm sorry but Lottie is so average.. She could be one of the girls from Teen Mom.

How is this possible? This is officially the end. One of the Most prestigious magazines in the world. I thought after kendull and Gigi it couldn't get worse, i was so naive. I thought they used them to create some buzz and then we get back the good old Natasha/Anna/Daria/Kate Covers. I remember when we all where bothered by Natasha getting every Second cover, now i were Thankful if Natasha would have gotten every cover...
This came without a warning, it caught me unprepared. This is so sad, I cannot put into words how ashamed I am.

I feel ashamed for fashion, for every model that is working hard, for me that I ever bought and supported this magazine, Alt should have been stopped before this could happen....

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cerezitas
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->