no clevage baring -legs or back or shoulders are much more "sexy" I think
balance volumes
love layering :clap:
nothing tight
not too many accessories
no push-up bras - I agree softgrey
don't match shoes to bag
navy with black can be done
don't do overkill with trends - only follow a trend if it works with your already established style
just from what I've seen - dont shop at kitson
no screen-printed tees
no gym clothing for non gym avtivities
a wedge platform can only be employed for a very specific look
not a fan of pink
definitely no pyjamas outside of the home
just keep it chill and chic - not too too put together
minimal makeup
no panty lines

basically what's already been said
I imagine if all us tfs-ers lived in one city we'd be able to pick each other out from a crowd by saying - hey that girl/guy has style :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I also have to add:

No stereotypical Seattle style. Meaning: Birkenstocks, polar fleece vests, flannel, North Face jackets, puffer jackets, Ugg boots. However I am a flip-flop addict and have close to 10 pairs.

Trista said:
Don't match shoes and bag.

I know it's not "IN" right now, but I just feel retarted if I don't- like I wasn't paying attention when I got dressed:unsure: :doh:

i think moderate matching is nice, but if i want to match 100% i would need a whole new wardrobe of bags :blush:

well it depends- if I'm wearing shoes or a bag that are a color (blue or red or green ect) rather than a neutral (black/ Brown) I match them to my outfit- IE red heels, red top, black bag something like that

but If I'm wearing brown shoes i wear a brown bag, and black shoes, black bag

jeans should fit perfectly..for me low rise(7" or less), tight at butt & thighs(im quite slim there), and perfect length for what im wearing.
no matter how tall you are..you dont need extra inches of pant leg in heels..shuffling around in too long jeans make you look short!
oo i really dont like to see rolls of fat over jeans. just look around more and find ones that fit at the waist too!

I do believe in a lot of things, but since I never know when I'll break them, I'll keep them to myself.

One thing, however I can't stand is bad mascara. I hate wearing it most of the the time. I love eyelashes that look long and curly and fluffy, not crooked and spidery and clumpy, which even the most stylish people I know do.

there is no excuse for fake (fake leather, fake fur, fake 'designer' handbags etc)
there is no excuse for leopard print (not even if it is prada)

stilettogirl84 said:
sometimes, I like leopoard print in small doses

def agreeed. i sometimes like it, in really really tiny doses. otherwise its trashy as heck!

some 15 years or so previous when the uber gorgeous angelica blechschmidt was head of german vogue she wrote the one rule i've loved and embraced ever since (cause it's true and made me laugh soooo hard:(
Never wear a pattern that is bigger than your head!

orlando, i agree with you on the amateur / faith in one's own style thing! that's just it.

this is a great thread to bump back up!!...

:flower:...

My guidelines:

All shirts must be fitted. If you're the average teenage female in America, and your shirt is in men's sizing, GET A SMALL.
NO LEGGINGS. They belong in the 80's.
No tunics or long tops. Long is okay to an extent but when it encroaches on dress territory...
No wide belts. The only wide belts that should be worn are wrestling championship belts, by wrestlers.
No long pants. All pants must be cropped to 6" above the ankle or higher. Capris are my best friend, but they must be denim capris.
All gauchos must have elastic waistbands.
No cardigans.
No sweatpants.
No Ugg boots or Juicy Couture.
No urban brands.
All skirts must be knee-length at longest but must cover the butt with an additional 3" to spare. All skirts that are knee-length must be circle skirts.
No turtlenecks, I'm a 36D and it does not flatter. Cleavage is my best asset, so I show it but not more than 3".
No high-waisted pants, pants should hit 5" below the bellybutton.
Soffe shorts are your friend!
THONGS ONLY, but go to your local TJ Maxx and get the lowest low-rise ones out there so no visible thong straps are seen.
No overalls.
No puffy outerwear.
No fake designer goods.
No obvious logos.
Message tees, while tacky, are good if Happy Bunny is on them.
Soffe shorts may be worn anywhere. Any other athletic clothing belongs in the gym.
Pajamas belong in the bedroom ONLY.
Denim is meant for pants only.
Flip Flops are tacky as all get out but they are worn every day for school and getting there, because I have to walk to use the wonderful public transportation system. Heels are carried in a different bag and put on when arriving at the destination.
Yellow and orange and hot pink and turquoise are the power colours. Avoid purple or brown. Black on bottom only.

As far as the measuring-for shirts and such it's just approximate, however I do measure to make sure that all pants end at least 6" above the ankle. I cannot wear long pants because I get lightheaded.

simple lines
dark colors
amazing accessories

I really like to keep things simple for example:
tsubi jeans (dark dark blue)
american apparel black polo
black ballet shoes
bright red satin clutch

colours that go with skintone is a must
and also must be according to the weather/brightness of sun/

i try not to always be so predictable...
so i try to do this by layering
or it helps to carry strange bags and pins/necklaces

I don't really follow any guidelines but I can comment on my habits. For example:

-I never match my clothes and choose different shades of a color or different textures instead.
-I coordinate, but I don't match.
-I really hate it when people wear only one or two colors (like jeans with a pink top and all pink accessories).
-I think that complex combinations are much more interesting and engaging.
-I don't mind mixing brown/black/navy together.
-I pay close attention to proportions and fit (but I can pull off most shapes because of my frame).
-I love to play with volume.
-All colors of the rainbow are game but I tend to stick to navy, gray and black the most.

• No lace lingerie under clothes
  • No thongs EVER
  • Never the same label head to toe
  • No track or running shoes. Walking shoes to be worn for walking.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->