Chanel HC S/S 08 Paris

I liked the flats. Not only do I like flats myself, they evoked the slippers ladies once used for English social dancing.

I think that M. Karl also wanted to stand on stage beside a model who was very tiny, thus avoiding the common picture of designer dwarfed by 6'4" model in heels.

shells? my god karl would turn anything into a theme.

the hair pieces are stunning though, i bet they have tiny little chanel logos painted on them. up close the make-up looks great too.

the flats up close look childish though, like the ones your mother made you wear to church when you were 5 or 4 because you were too young for heels.

chanel looks the same to me . .season after season
and whats up with the poses of the models ? terrible

Yeah, some of the poses were a little odd. I don't know if KL told them to stand with their legs like that or it was the flats.

I think flats in general are cute. Unfortunately, flats on girls with big feet (like erm, most models) not so much. :shock:

About the flats, I didn't like them at first but after seeing the details, I changed my mind.
And I think it's very daring for Karl to perform all flats in the entire show.

i love the green dress! and what's with the tuxedo shirt/dress trend? i think its interesting but i dont think i would wear anything like that.

their hair remind me of ursula on the little mermaid.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like how structured the pieces look, yet they doesn't appear to be too tight or rigid. On retrospect, I don't really care for the collection as a whole.

Frumpy, weird, unflattering! :shock:

Of course, everyone will fawn all over it because it's 'Karl Largerfeld's ingenious vision'...does he ever get a bad review? And if not, WHY?!!

I don't understand how Karl can bash the 80's comeback in Elle, then design this, which is essentially 80's working wear with Swan Lake on ice 1985-inspired formalwear. I do kind of love it though. I hate the mary-jane flats, but the strapless ones are cool and interesting to me right now.

I really do loathe that giant jacket.

What a delightful collection. ^_^ I love the mini-suit outfits and the short dresses. The first outfit Vlada is wearing is divine. I don't really like any of the longer dresses, though, except the one Kim Noorda and the model before her are wearing. The padding on those two dresses reminds me of what Alexander McQueen did a few seasons ago.

Overall, I thought this collection was wonderfully charming, especially those short dresses and mini-suits! I'm pleased with this collection. :heart: Thank you for the scans. :flower:

after seeing the details, yes, there were some really ugly flats. but i still like the collection.

very classic chanel. i think devon's dress is quite awful....is it only me, or does it look a bit like pajamas?
some pieces are georgous though ^_^

not my liking

oh, so disappointed with Karl. It think all the tailleur pieces are so wrong, what's he trying to do? Even some flou pieces are also wrong. flats are out of place and Devon's dress may look right at Lacroix but not Chanel. See what happens when one trys too hard to "invent" a new silhouette that doesn't work - OMG, that shoulder?

love the skirt. the shoes... eeeeek! can we say nine west?

Source | WWD | January 23, 2008

Schoolgirl Crush

Has Karl Lagerfeld been visiting a few tony private schools or, say, catching some key episodes of "Gossip Girl"? Perhaps so, because on Tuesday, he went for the youth vote at Chanel with a spring couture collection of abbreviated looks featuring those fabled jackets. Here, one of his jeunes filles in a short, braid-trimmed gray suit.

There's nothing quite like fashion in the round, as the curved shapes in Karl Lagerfeld's Chanel and Giorgio Armani's Privé collections showed.

Chanel: Guests arriving at the Chanel couture show at the Grand Palais on Tuesday were hit with a very clear sign: The stage featured a soaring — as in 66 feet high — stone-colored classic jacket complete with double-C buttons and braid trim opened just enough at the bottom for the models to exit. Clearly, this would be a collection that centered on that most glorious of house standards. And indeed it did, as Karl Lagerfeld sent out a bounty.

There was another message, too, in the rotating circular stage, because curves and arcs were worked into the clothes in myriad ways. Yet the real news wasn't about jackets, nor a particular cut to the clothes, but an unmistakable out-with-the-old vibe. Perhaps inspired by a flock of new, girlish clients — real ones, such as twentysomethings Jade Lau and Hind Hariri, who is said to be the world's youngest billionaire — the show beckoned unabashedly to the sweet bird of youth, her mom's specs apparently already safely on file at the Rue Cambon. The most obvious bait: schoolgirl-short skirts, and ballerina flats with everything. The approach made sense, but it also made for mixed results. Certainly it provided some delightful viewing — who doesn't love an ingenue in a pretty dress? — but too often at the expense of Chanel's typical aura of haute chic.

Still, there were some beautiful clothes including — listen up — real day clothes: a pale tweed coat fastened with a brooch; a charming box-pleated salt-and-pepper halter dress with a matching jacket. Throughout, Lagerfeld worked in several side-draped skirts that made for some of his most womanly looks, if not always his most alluring. As for all of the circular motion, it turned up in seaming, puckering and a skirt crafted from giant white silk roses.

When it's time to hang up her jacket, a girl can slip into any number of party dresses that came feathered, frilled and frothed-out, some utterly charming and others, downright unflattering: What hope is there for the civilian rich when a shape makes one of these tiny models look rotund? Thankfully, however, Lagerfeld still feels his older customers' pain, and so he sent out a pair of dazzling allover embroidered gray gowns, perfect for lighting up the most sophisticated of nights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blondblondblond
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->