Chanel HC S/S 08 Paris

the only two looks that got my heart racing . . :heart:
the rose skirt/dress paired w/the jacket is wonderful . . not to mention the headpieces.!
none of the rest feel v. couture to me.

thanks for posting miu!.

style.it
00420m673.jpg
00130m1362.jpg

if KingKong will come back again he can wear this Jacket;-)

OMG!! I can just see him hanging off the side of the Empire State Building- and Karl down below yelling "You stupid monkey!! Zhis is Chanel Couture!! You vill damage it, you idiot"!! :unsure::lol:

This is a beautiful collection almost perfect if it wasn't for the stupid giant jacket and not wearing heels!!

:heart:

I like it, and for the most part the lot of it is wearable.

very hit or miss.
For the most part, it's classic Karl : Young and chic without all of the fuss that sometimes goes into haute couture. The pieces are gorgeously constructed, and I love the short dresses and muted tones. I'm glad he didn't go overboard, and I'm VERY glad there's no fuc*ing denim!!

i can already imagine couture clients splurging on those incredible jackets

wow i wasn't expecting this after that SS08 RTW depressing show. good job, Karl. i'm only disappointed with the last dress. not crazy about the flat shoes but at least they look elegant. better than some crazy silver boots i saw some months ago...

looks great so far; love the set and the hair on the models' i dont like devon though
thanks for posting

Despite of the huge jacket at the scene the collection is pure beauty. Chanel with some fresh breath. Gorgeous.

I love everything about this collection :crush: I've even grown to love Devon's dress after an hour of reflecting on that matter :lol:

love half, hate half. the dress on devon is not flattering at all. but that giant jacket makes me smile. i wonder how long it take to construct that...

It's great to see that the house transitioned to a variety of cocktail dresses, but this collection isn't that special IMO.

Well, I'm thrilled that he didn't smother every evening and party dress in diamante, embroidery, feathers, pom-poms, rosettes and cabachons for a change.

That said, the most exciting news is the draped miniskirts that really are new. I don't think I've ever seen a skirt like that from him before. Unfortunately when the entire look of boxy mannish jacket, high collared shirt and miniskirt is paired with flats it has the look of a yuppie working woman on her way to the office circa 1985, or worse yet, with the pleated skirts it's very Catholic school girl. The flats ruin the looks for me.

Every season with Chanel though it feels more and more like a formula. Spring is usually very light, very delicate, very powder puff colors and sparkly little details, fall is very heavy and opulent with layers and layers of stuff upon stuff covered with more stuff and topped off with chunky Byzantine jewelry. I'm craving something new here.

Oh, and the set is the silliest and ugliest thing ever on a Chanel runway, and I'm counting those stupid fake clouds and skating rink last fall.

Last edited by a moderator:
What does it mean ? Two shows ?

He has started doing two shows I imagine because there is such a demand for seats...Ralph Lauren has been doing it for years- one for the press and buyers and one for friends, celebs, big customers and such...

Usually means one for press and one for buyers
i've seen people saying there were two shows.....
but non!!!!!
avenue W. Churchill IS the adress of the Grand Palais in Paris.......
but in a way you're right....
there're 2 shows. the another is in the studio in chanel for the couturieres...
:flower:

i'm seeing interesting pieces....
think it's one of the best season for like 3-4 seasons....

Wouldn't a few of these outfits look good with heels or boots of some sort!!?Which. of course, is how we will next see them on the red carpet...:wink:

uhuh, so many volumes... part of me likes them, the other one doesnt... i hate the flat shoes and LEGS. very swan lake

I think that it may look a bit minimal because of the light tones but if you really look up close you can see that the constructed is very difficult and very beautiful.

Typical Chanel, I really, really like it, except this weird hairdo, and this jacket as a set doesn't convince me.. :innocent:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cg1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->