Christian Dior Haute Couture F/W 10.11 Paris

Damnit Jessica Alba is wearing the white Dior mary-jane heels THAT I HAVE TO HAVE.

Galliano's creations seem tired and strangely out-of-place in the current momentum - stuck somewhere in the middle of conservative classiness and half-hearted british eccentricity, I fully understand why the house has lost it's artistic leader position it once enjoyed when Galliano produced his eccentric runway spectacles in the early 2000s.

Monsieur Arnaud should really shed the dust off Dior's womenswear and hire a designer with a fresher aesthetic than Galliano or otherwise it will slowly and steadily become demodé.

Well this is a pleasant surprise. Pretty great collection for Dior considering he's been showing the same collection for the last five years. This one is finally something new and different.

:heart:I bow down to Galliano. He's the only designer who takes my breath away with everything he touches. Brilliant. :heart:

I never expected this. This is absolutely Amazing and I'm really loving the hair/make-up

did Vlada open the show? it's the first pic that was posted in the thread...
but it's more likely it was Karlie, or else I'd be very surprised.

Not bad - although the flower theme could be executed a bit better.

LOVE the set design with those fiery tiger lilies on the wall.

I see some Lacroix and Dolce & Gabbanna influences in here.

wow, flower power!! I'm not fan of the dresses, but the big gowns look good!
that was daring and 100% Galliano style ^^....
HQs, HQs, come quick!! :D

Maybe it is b/c I've been so disappointed and bored by the last few Dior collections but I think this is pretty good! No, the shapes aren't new and flowers seems like a cop-out, easy source of inspiration but....this is pretty! I love the colors, even the clashing ones, and at least this is much more interesting than what John has been doing recently. They DO look like blooming flowers and with some different styling I can see many of these pieces on the red carpet. I think it is a baby step in the right direction back to Galliano's glory Dior days!

Some of us were worried about the death of couture, but this collection looks to be every inch haute couture! So creative, so beautiful, so wonderfully detailed. It does appear that Mr. John Galliano the genius is back!

This reminds me of something we have every year in my island where girls put on dresses inspired in flowers and do this sort of parade.I like this better tough.I love the colours.It is amazing!

I like the new direction Galliano seems to have taken (finally)... however the tackiness of the styling remains me to Vivienne Westwood and I don't like that resemblance.

I love this show. Everything looks beyond beautiful. I don't care what anyone says this collection is gorgeous and 100 times better than anything he has done in the last couple of years. I love the colors and I love the fact this is something different then what I've seen before. I'm loving the huge gowns and Magdalena is wearing my favorite piece so far. Now I'm excited to see what the S/S 2011 collection will look like.

wow beautiful collection,I love these colours and the flower inspiration .. like the garden of mr Dior .. he really like his mentor !

Is it just only me that notice that John looks really thin lately? He used to be really muscular man. By the way i'm excited about the collection can't wait to see whole collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johngreen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->