Christian Dior Haute Couture F/W 10.11 Paris

I can see why some of you call this overdone/ tacky or even cheap. But besides those hideous "plastic" (well, at least they look like it) head-pieces I actually think it's a really nice Couture collection. Certainly not his best. And certainly not as memorable as his last works, but still: a nice amount of vibrant yet chic gowns. Even though I'm usually not a big fan of overly colourful things - I think the colour-combinations here work very well.

This is very very tacky. But to be honest: I love tacky Dior HC! That's what Dior by Galliano was all about in the 90s and the early 2000s, when Dior was the "madhouse". I see this collection as an attempt to these "madhouse"-times, which is very good. Though this is not the most beautiful collection it is polarizing.

I LOVE it! It's so fairytale-like. Pretty colors and amazing gowns. I'm overwhelmed by the beauty of this collection :crush:

This is very very tacky. But to be honest: I love tacky Dior HC! That's what Dior by Galliano was all about in the 90s and the early 2000s, when Dior was the "madhouse". I see this collection as an attempt to these "madhouse"-times, which is very good. Though this is not the most beautiful collection it is polarizing.

I totally agree...and while this isn't the best collection by Galliano by far, I'm hoping that he will take it farther into those 'madhouse' times. :buzz::heart:

im so torn and confused by this! it's a step up from the last seaons, or i mean, at least it's different and crazier, but i can't find anything that really makes me go 'OMG WOW' like he used to. I think it's a positive change that has to go somewhere else though? i don't know.

Personally I dislike this. I don't see anything remotely appealing - apart from the craftsmanship.
The colours are awful, I've never been a one for colour-clashing. Although I do like the print on Stam's dress.

Overall it may look tacky but if look into detail of pieces i think it absolutely wonderful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->