Daily Exercise #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oops sorry I meant to link but clicked on another tab and my distraction began!
Sit ups
Push ups
I think it should be a good little challenge, I love the idea of being able to do that :smile:

^Ok I see thanks, well it's fine, don't go too far when starting this training because then you will get very sore & take much time to recover, go slowly. I could do this because I do swimming also & by doing swimming I'm working everything ... push ups & sit ups only work basically biceps, triceps, abs, chest & shoulders ... so you only work your upper body, if you add running to this I think it's the best.

I also do a program of 3x cardio per week at gym, a couple of reformer pilates classes as well as riding my bicycle (sadly not at the moment due to a burst tube :( ) I just want an extra something to give me a bit of a goal, will be interesting to see if I get there haha

Ok then it's fine as long as you work your lower body as well. :smile: good luck for your training. I should do that as well, add it to my swimming training, since I left gym I'm much weaker although I do swimming pretty much every week & it's great but it just shapes you up, doesn't make you much strong. when I had swimming classes with a trainer I used to do 2 laps, come out of the water & do 20 abs or 15 push ups & then come back to the water right away & then do it all over again, it was awesome but so exhausting.

wow that would be exhausting! I used to swim at my gym a few years ago but I was just so generally bad at it, I swam like a rock.

^did you have a trainer at the time? why you were bad at it? what was the problem, you have low resistance?

I just do swimming for 1 & half year, I used to do it when I was 8 & did it for 4 years & then stopped. So then later 1 & half year ago I had to re-learn everything & god in the first trainings I couldn't do a full lap in the medium pool, I had no resistance.

Today: not much, I'm resting today, but I thought I'd post a few pictures to keep us motivated! :P

AnnaLynn McCord, Carly Zucker, Kate Hudson, Nicky Whelan - all good fitness inspiration don't you think? :woot:

gossipgirls.com, daily mail

Attachments

• 00423.jpg
    00423.jpg
    377.5 KB · Views: 1
  • CarlyZuckerBIG_468x572.jpg
    CarlyZuckerBIG_468x572.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 1
  • kate-hudson_04.jpg
    kate-hudson_04.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 1
  • kate-hudson_06.jpg
    kate-hudson_06.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 1
  • mr_fp_126168.jpg
    mr_fp_126168.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 2
  • nicky-whelan.jpg
    nicky-whelan.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 3
Oops sorry I meant to link but clicked on another tab and my distraction began!
Sit ups
Push ups
I think it should be a good little challenge, I love the idea of being able to do that :smile:

lol, I've just gotten to that point the trick for me was just to go past the pain of doing 20 really fast, then my arms got numb and didn't feel anything, so one night I did like 200 in randoms sets mostly 30, did that for a week, and now I do 60 push ups in about 30 seconds time really increasing how many I can do per night.

This is what I do 60 push ups
20 second break
60 jumping jacks
20 second break
30 sit ups
20 second break
40 Oblique twist things
20 sec
60 push ups

Repeat that 3 times, then I only do push ups till 360, cause I can't really do the same amount of push ups as sit ups yet. Eventually I'll get to that point of 500 push ups then get better at the other stuff.

went running, 20 minutes, just too hot right now and I did some abs afterwards

I really really need to get my body toned:(

^ I'm bout to go running now, then do the other stuff.

How often do you run everyday? or every other day? If you look at a runners world magazine they say if you run everyday, although not recommended, go easy in the between days, however, I go pretty easy everyday because I'm not running for competition anymore so why go so fast.

What about swimming? It is extremely hot out where I live and its hard to run out in the heat so would swimming be just as good? Im trying to lose some weight and get toned up. Is there any work outs I can do in my pool?

Sun Goddess, I like to go running because I can take mw dog with me (although I ave to be careful when it gets hot!)

and tgeezyband, I go run 3-4 times a week, that's a good rythm for me
but it's weird because I have reached a certain limit (in time and distance) that I can't get past, if you know wht I mean
but I haven't been running for so long, so maybe I need a bit more time to build up my condition

Last edited by a moderator:
What about swimming? It is extremely hot out where I live and its hard to run out in the heat so would swimming be just as good? Im trying to lose some weight and get toned up. Is there any work outs I can do in my pool?

Swimming for me is way better than running because you work your whole body & for other many reasons. It's great to shape up & loose weight if you know how to do your trainings. There's tecniques you can do, such butterfly, crawl, back stroke & breast stroke. Intensive tranings & maybe go very early by the morning to the swimming pool without having breakfast, just water, would be good to loose weight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sun Goddess, I like to go running because I can take mw dog with me (although I ave to be careful when it gets hot!)

and tgeezyband, I go run 3-4 times a week, that's a good rythm for me
but it's weird because I have reached a certain limit (in time and distance) that I can't get past, if you know wht I mean
but I haven't been running for so long, so maybe I need a bit more time to build up my condition

That is good, if you have a bike you should ride in between the days you run if you feel like it, and when you get done don't just stop, leave time for you to walk and your legs feel normal again and stretch. I used to be naughty in cross country and when I got done with races I didn't cool down or stretch properly, and as a result I eventually got shin splints in each of my legs, which were a pain to run through.

As for the distance and time problem, if you want to speed that process up, you can have days when you run for speed, like say every 3 mins the next min you have to run that 1 min faster than your average pace, or if you have gps watch that measures your distance, run hard for lets say 5 sets of 200 m, jog don't stop in between each set for 3 or 4 mins, these types of things go under cross training, and with those 200 meter hard runs, there are many forms of cross training, you could look that up on google I guess.

Really running is more mental than physical, your brain is constantly saying stop, once you start thinking I got this I can go further than I did last time you will eventually start going faster and longer. Running with a friend is good as well.

I wonder if I can make a runners type thread or something, because I could give some more info, without going off topic a little.

i agree that running is all mental... concentrate on your breathing and focus on other things while running, not your legs or how much anything hurts.. of course there are limits but try thinking of other things and breathing in with your nose and out with your mouth! my dad was a track star all his life so he taught me how to control your mind. also run without leaning forward, you'll be able to breathe better!

anywayyyy... i'm at the gym nowadays since it's scorching hot outside to do anything. pilates is great 2-3 times a week and i think i can see a 4-pack forming after 3 months of doing it continuously! has anyone tried Zumba classes? i think i'll try it this week...

does anyone have any arm exercises that they do everyday/night? specifically the fat on the back of the arm that all women get... =X

i love this thread!

If you don't have dumbbells you can do this one which is great & simple but you have to keep your backs straigh & don't force them, just move your arms. I do prefer with dumbbells which is more easier but for who don't have them:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->