Do You Wear Make Up Because >>>

I wear makeup to hide my flaws and accentuate my features. It makes me feel pretty, and gives me a little bit of confidence. Having said that, I don’t have an issue with walking out the door bare faced – sometimes I’m too lazy, and think that putting in the effort to apply a full face of makeup isn’t worth the trouble.

I wear make up because:

I feel pretty, femenine + to empathize my features, to be presentable and because I LOVE makeup.

If I looked good without makeup then I wouldn't wear it. But since I don't, I wouldn't leave the house without makeup on.

I wear it when I go out for the night because I like to look more made up for that kind of evening, I like to make the effort if I'm going to a bar etc. During the day I don't tend to bother, maybe a little mascara, because honestly I don't feel I have to.

I enjoy make up, buying it, wearing it, but only when I choose to, I don't ever want to feel a slave to it, or that I'm not attractive enough without it.

I never wore makeup, but over the past year I've gotten addicted to Burt's Bees tinted lip balm, and I feel bad about it. I know it's not a lot of makeup going barefaced with just colorful lip balm but I feel self conscious going to school without it on now which doesn't seem like a good thing. :(

That said, I've learned that makeup really does make a huge difference in pictures, so I've started wearing mascara and bright lip gloss on occasion when I know there will be pictures and it really does add oomph to a photo.

I'm 17 and I know that wearing burt's bees and sometimes lip gloss is not a lot of makeup but all the same I feel bad about the chemicals and hope it won't suck the color from my lips!! Does anyone know if daily use of a relatively natural product like burt's bees [or lip gloss even] will strip your lips of their natural color quicker over a period of time?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why i wear it? Because It solves my problems, or at least what i conceive to be problem areas (short lashes, pimples, red cheeks). I feel more confident when i wear it, and more able to face the world at large. I look put together, neat and fresh with it on.

Why I ware makeup ... I'm a bit self-conscious about my redness of my face - I have this strong Irish skin ware I'm unusually pale but red all the same, plus I have this tiny breakout on my left side of my face; brush on some pressed powder and I feel that much better.

Otherwise, I don't even bother with eyeliner or mascara and hardly ever put on eyeshadow; usual routine is brush on pressed powder, add a hint of bronzer and lastly put on my lipchap or lip gloss. It really just enhances my confidence of my appearance and as well of my rather 'bleak' face ^_^

I'm 17 and I know that wearing burt's bees and sometimes lip gloss is not a lot of makeup but all the same I feel bad about the chemicals and hope it won't suck the color from my lips!! Does anyone know if daily use of a relatively natural product like burt's bees [or lip gloss even] will strip your lips of their natural color quicker over a period of time?

Where did you get that idea? Lip products do not strip your lips' pigment and they are as safe as can be; but there is a conspiracy theory that makeup causes cancer. I don't believe it, but if it concerns you, there are many eco-friendly makeup lines out there, like Burt's Bees and various mineral-based brands.

^ I have never heard of this either :huh:

There was some recent testing that found significant amounts of lead in various brands/shades of lipstick :shock:

I have been an enthusiastic lipstick & lipgloss wearer for decades now, and have every bit as much pigment in my lips as I ever did. Quite a bit of the original collagen, too, and nothing added, thank you very much ^_^

I feel that you have nothing to worry about & can now spend the time you've spent worrying on something entirely more productive :wink:

It's fun. Another form of self expression for me, no different than drawing or painting.

I actually get really offended when a guy says. "Why do you wear that junk? I think you're gorgeous" It offends me because my entire world does not revolve around looking pretty for a guy. I don't get dressed every morning and put on make up to get a boyfriend. I do it because it makes me happy.

I wear make up because i just really like it and I think it's fun to do and wear. For work I usually do a little more just to look more polished and professional but I stick to neutrals and maybe use liquid liner if I'm feeling dramatic.

For going out I will wear darker make up or a fun color I wouldn't normally wear during the day.

For school, I will play if I have time, but I usually don't have time so I just use a little concealer and highlighter and mascara so I don't look so sleep deprived.
My skin is decent (though not perfect) so the bottom line is why? Because I like to or to present a put-together image.

I'm a firm believer in not hiding your blemishes, cause it clogs them up even more, so even if I have a pimple I won't even bother covering it up.

I wish I could wear black eyeliner, but it makes my eyes look really small

I wear Lancome eyeshadow though daily, in purple.

I wear it because I enjoy wearing it. Buying new makeup, trying different looks.

But i'm happy to leave the house with just a sweep of powder to take the shine off my face & some paw paw ointment on my lips. I've got friends who won't leave the house without makeup on or even let their bfs see them without makeup on. Sad because they have awful self esteem for no reason.

I wear it coz it makes me feel comfortable. I have great skin, but i still like wearing foundation because it looks more even. I wont wear any if im not leaving the house or if im just ducking to the shops but on other days (eg. to uni) i'll wear foundation, bronzer, eyeliner + mascara.

I'm a firm believer in not hiding your blemishes, cause it clogs them up even more, so even if I have a pimple I won't even bother covering it up.

I think I remember reading an article once that not wearing make up on blemishes doesn't mean that skin 'breathes' so I never know what to think about this one

^
there's lots of makeup nowadays that won't clog pores
if I didn't use my make-up I'd have to hide at home when I have breakouts haha

^yeah me too. lol. I haven't got great skin so I'll usually use foundation. I also use eyeliner and mascara on a daily basis. Sometimes blush as well. I use make up daily because I think it's an important way of presenting yourself, it makes me feel more confident and I just like using make up. If I go out though, I'll use lipstick/lipgloss as well. I hardly ever use eyeshadow because it always looks weird on me, no matter how natural the color..

I don't think I would wear makeup if everyone else didn't, but since it's kind of the norm I find I look too young/sleep-deprived/lazy compared to other people when I don't.

concealer/mascara/powder for my shiny forehead/eyebrow gel is pretty much it for me...

I wear makeup because I am in customer service and people are always looking at me.. My skin is better but Im obsessed with the perfect skin tone and eveness.. I hate what I look like without foundation but I have been slowly using less and less.. I use eye liner because I have dark hair and my eyes literally disapear without any one.. I would love to be one of those people that wears makeup only to enhance my skin but I'm not :( and i generally feel more comfortable with it on

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imjustken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->