Dries Van Noten F/W 10.11 Paris

Vintage Pure Dries. a little old mixed with a bit of new...sweats mixed with silks and buckles on pants with cinched waist jackets somehow work in perfect balance... and then just because he has the perfect eye, similar to perfect pitch, he swathes the perfect length dresses and skirts with vivid watercolors and some even have unfinished hems and it works!~
its just Perfect!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is absolutely amazing! I love every single piece of this collection. I knew Dries wouldn't let me down. Beautiful!

Omg, I instantly love this. My favorite colletion so far out of all the cities. So chic.

What a magnificent collection! Fantastic colours and so very flattering silhouettes. An exquisite combination of classic, timeless looks, which yet look absolutely fresh and modern.
I am in love with the full skirts, the dresses, and the majority of the coats and jackets!
I'm only not so keen on the animal prints, I'm kind of tired of seeing them everywhere this winter.

I hate to say it, but it's a tad boring this season Dries.
There are one or two nice coats but nothing I can covet, sorry.

He ALWAYS has the best shades of green in his collections.

Some of those bright floral-prints and gold lamee pieces look out of place in this collection..They're certainly not BAD looking pieces in any way, but I just think they'd be more appropriate for different season..And while I generally dislike the idea of designer shades, I must say that the sunglasses do add a certain attitude to the overall look.

A-

paris is off to an awesome start. the one thing i actually don't like much is the print though!

god this is gorgeous...
the olive slouchy sweatshirt and long purple skirt is perfection...:wub:

This is all so absolutely amazing! :crush: Love the simplicity of it and toned down prints (even the leopard one, which really does work here, actually!), plus the hourglass silhouette is always a hit for me. What a fantastic way to start the Paris FW!

SO SO SOOOOO good. the kooky slightly-off garden party florals + oversized sweats and sweaters + A line pleated shirtdress. AMAZING.

for some reason i really love the idea of holding the bags as clutches

It was so chic. I loved the military green, the leopard prints and especially the coats :heart:

There are some good things here ... the slouchy knits/sweats over printed skirts, the drop shoulder coat with the off center zip, the buckled pants, the overall color palette. The ink dipped and brushed florals are quite stunning. I'm with others in disliking the use of gold and animal print here.

I'm not seeing the vintage Dries that others are seeing. Or perhaps, not what I associate with Dries anyway. I feel that a certain earthiness is missing in the collection as a whole, though I do detect the typical ease. Can't say I love this collection as a whole.

Amazing. Just simply amazing and wearable and chic. Some designers design for an imaginary woman, a construct that they have in their heads but with this collection I almost feel like Dries has reached beyond that and designed for today's woman. These clothes would look good on just about anyone.

this might be my favorite collection this season :heart:

"i love the proportions" is what i kept saying to myself over and over as i went through each page of this thread...

so much here that i would love to wear or that set my mind racing to how i could adapt what i already own to this look and styling...

I absolutely love it. It is everything I have come to love about Dries: brilliant prints and cozy, easy clothes. The style is great. I love the peak of a print from under a blazer or oversized knit. I also adore the solid blue fading to a floral on Hanne's dress and some of the other pieces.

Never change Dries.

understated elegance...i luv the eccentirc mix and all the coats and jackets!

I don't love it as much as last season...but going by this season's standards it's epic. I do love the silhouette of the skirts, it's so cute and adds a quirky twist to the more 'boring'/traditional pieces. And I really do appreciate that a lot of the prints (like the leopard print) are built up and continued as prevalent themes of the collection...i.e. nothing feels forced/out of place. The final flower prints are not particularly new but I do enjoy them the most as they represent an optimism I associate with Dries.

This is one of his more forgettable shows. Sure, everything was wearable but most of it was very poor in terms of design and direction.

The prints this season are pretty weak too, especially after something as brilliant as Fall 2009. To me that collection achieved the perfect balance between the world of commerce and the world of Dries.

This collection lacks any strong aesthetic direction, and I fail to see what is so great about it. Perhaps I am the only one? :lol: :innocent:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->