Granny boots

they are beautiful, i wouldn't have the nerve to wear them though. they are like what women wore back in the early 1900's, is that about right?

The way I've always perceived the "Granny Boot" was that it was a low-heel or kitten-heel ankle boot with a chunky heel and (most important) lace-up design. Or at least, that's how I've perceived Granny Boots from Newport News catalogs. Most of these are merely lace-up oxfords or lace-up booties.

Nothing to really get excited about with these booties, in my view.

I really like "granny boots" I've been searching all over for a pair I really love, but I haven't yet. So the search still continues. haha

I've decided that I should find myself a red pair of granny boots.. I was inspired by this shot of Hanne-Gaby Odiele and, as brown boots seem a little overexposed for me lately (winter here), I think red should suit me fine.

:heart:
Hanne Gaby1.jpg

I saw a pretty decent knockoff of these at a nearby store, for something like 40 dlls, I don't know what stopped me from buying them but I'll be baaaack, they make such nice contrast to black/gray and black/white outfits, all combinations that I wear on regular basis.

I love granny boots. I feel like the best way to get a fantastic pair is to look in thrift stores and vintage stores. They really are the most authentic-looking (plus the leather is wayyyyy more comfy than brand new shoes).

N offense to those who are fans, but I don't think they're sexy or cute boots.

I love granny boots, I had to wear them in Annie the musical when I was a kid and I remember hating them, I love them now! :D I'm on the look out for a pair in my size in second hand shops

I envy people who can can pull off white granny boots really fantastically. I don't think I'm one of them though, so right now I'm just in search of some boring brown ones. I'll probably just find some on ebay if I'm unable to thrift a good pair before school starts.

I don't think I could pull of white ones either, but I think I prefer the brown ones anyway. I wonder if I could actully find a thrift store that has any.

I like flat ones myself, ones with a tiny heel I like too

my friend has a pair of white ones and she calls them her good luck boots..cause when she wears them she gets sh*t done.

I've spent ages looking for the authentic brown ones. But I can't seem to find them anywhere. I think i'm going to visit some vintage shops and try my luck there, unless anyone knows a place that sells them?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had this old pair with a square toe for the last five years...they are the comfiest ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->