Gucci S/S 08 Milan

Some pieces remind me Versace s/s 2007 collection

capt937c9f55830f4371a013f95a16e19f8.italy_fashion_mil305.jpg
capt9e3e3a3e2f844df0ae412fbac67a474.italy_fashion_mil306.jpg

Yahoo News

I agree with you Frida about some pieces resembling Versace...especially the first dress here.

damn i like it!! and i expected another bad collection from her....but the shoes are soo good!! i want them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it even more. And you´re right there´re some pieces that have the Versace look.

I don't know if I like the collection. But I know that I love that pink jacket!

This is my favorite collection so far this week! I love the bold colors and patterns. Cannot wait to see the whole collection.

That pink lump on Snejana looks a lot like a gunmetal grey dress from last spring's Lanvin collection.

I'm shocked to see other designers referenced in one of her collections :innocent::rolleyes:

....I just realized that it's only been about two years since she took over, and yet we've seen her swerve her way through references and personalities at warp speed.....it's pathetic.

Granted, I never really gave her a true chance because I was so put off by her first resort and spring collections. But she has yet to do anything to make me reconsider things.

I cannot believe it's been 2 years. It seems like it has been ages. I feel that she's not improving so much because this entire collection could have been apart of another collection she has done before. I don't quite under her thought process in making a collection because there seems to be none. She's not so much of a designer as just making clothes. These are pieces you can find anywhere and she's yet to distinguish Gucci as a luxury brand that it once was. That's what gets me with her every time!

It's finally looking younger, edgier and less fussy, a bit like the new Chloe, especially those bold Marni-Marimekko prints but this collection doesn't wow me.

The shoes are killer and sexy. Thats about it.

I don't understand how anyone in their right mind could take a brand that was wildly successful as the epitome of jet-set glamour and rocker chic sex, and then completely change it to Forever 21 for millionares. That's exactly what this is, and what Gucci has always been under Frida. Cute, wearable versions of all the hot trends. Wide belts, check. Patent leather, check. Leather bomber, check. Ankle boots, check. Lumpy dresses with pockets, check.

Then of course you have your one Frida invention: the worst cut pants on earth.

The shoes are killer and sexy. Thats about it.

I don't understand how anyone in their right mind could take a brand that was wildly successful as the epitome of jet-set glamour and rocker chic sex, and then completely change it to Forever 21 for millionares. That's exactly what this is, and what Gucci has always been under Frida. Cute, wearable versions of all the hot trends. Wide belts, check. Patent leather, check. Leather bomber, check. Ankle boots, check. Lumpy dresses with pockets, check.

Then of course you have your one Frida invention: the worst cut pants on earth.

I so agree. I really wish Gucci would reconsider her position. She should really return to doing just accessories. :doh:

what the hell.

i've never been a huge fan of gucci but i've always liked the "gucci woman." now it's like the "gucci high school student" this is awful, i hate everything.

LOL, are we all seeing the same collection, because I love this. Probably my favorite Milan collection so far. Mostly because I hate the boho stuff and this seems like the only collection boho didn't get a chance to puke all over.

Reminds me so much of resort collection. Loads of floral prints and belts, nice flouncy skirts. When I saw the first batch of pictures, I though it was very rock chic but it's sort of preppy too...

no no no no
what a mess

but i want those black lacquered booties and a clutch ^__^

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justafyck
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->