Gucci S/S 08 Milan

I absolutely adore the pink dress on Snejana (and she looks amazing in it) paired with the shoes. I love the hair and make-up, and i'm sure the music was good, and it's great to see Maria Carla... But that's about it, the rest is hit and miss: some gorgeous pieces among a lot of cr*p... I can't get use to the fact that this is what Gucci looks like now :ninja:

this is so bad

gucci was the epitome of glamour just 4 years ago and now its like forever21. Its like a mish mash , bumble bee color palette , plaid pants cut in the most horrendous way , chloe style dresses and versace skirts......WT*** is going on!!!

Awful
she just keeps getting worst and worst...
it's like, she is on the road to perdition, and not missing any step

I'm amazed as anyone else, that she turned that beautiful luxury brand, super sexy, super influential, and just made this poor pieces, that we've seen from other designers, and what is worst, from other seasons too!

Tom Ford must be laughing so hard...I miss him so much, he had the ability to present every season a new dream for the Gucci woman, and it always a spectacular show...this look like it was done by a new young designer who doesnt have any experience...

this is so frustrating, really!!!:angry:

I like most of those clothes, especially skirts and short dresses (Snejana's dress is so cute!).

tom ford must be like "b**** what did you to do my baby!" lol

It's alright...which I hate, because I have been saying it's alright for 2 years now and just for once I want to be able to say that it's f'ing brilliant. Gucci has a boring aesthetic these days...almost a New Yorker one.

I will never understand why people miss Tom Ford so much.
His designs were bellow average imo and he overused sex to market them.
I'm getting more and more excited about what Frida is doing for Gucci.Her SS08 collection is once again very feminine (but not sl*tty) and beautifully structured,the colours are flattering.The pieces could just "promote" themselves.

I'm so glad Tom Ford is gone from Gucci!!!

Nothing special, love the dress on Mariacarla and I do like Snejana's dress...

I will never understand why people miss Tom Ford so much.
His designs were bellow average imo and he overused sex to market them.
I'm getting more and more excited about what Frida is doing for Gucci.Her SS08 collection is once again very feminine (but not sl*tty) and beautifully structured,the colours are flattering.The pieces could just "promote" themselves.

I'm so glad Tom Ford is gone from Gucci!!!

I so disagree. His designs were like architecture with the amount of detail put into each piece. Frida's Gucci is below average. Why? Because it references so many different designers that you could easily go to, high-end as well as high street. What is she offering that I can't get anywhere else? What is covetable? Nothing. Gucci is a luxury fashion house. This that Frida is offering does not justify the luxury pricetags that you will see in the boutiques. And the thing she is semi-good at (accessories), she hits & misses thoses.

And Tom was not so much about sex as he was about sensuality and the idea of a woman. I really believe he adores women and the absolutely beauty of women and he wanted to put that into his designs.

(This discussion pops up each season, but I'm always ready discuss it each time. :lol: )

Last edited by a moderator:
Um..it's nice but it looks like Oscar de la Renta or something instead of GUCCI.

Where's the edgy sexiness?

I so disagree. His designs were like architecture with the amount of detail put into each piece.

I completely disagree with that.Ferre's designs were like architecture imo, Ford's were just unimaginative.
Anyway,I know a lot of people like Ford but I will always beg to differ:P

tom ford is a genius

im sorry but down grading a designer who prolly is of the most influential people in fashion in our time is beyond me. Tom Ford turned Gucci into what it is today. Tom Ford understood his women and his collections had a message , a story. The draping , the fabrics , the whole atmosphere was glamourous and sexy ,mind you that was what the gucci women is and was . When I saw the Gucci logo changed to something which resembled a high school sport logo, i think I knew what to expect but i didnt expect it would be that bad. Sans the shoes , most of this stuff was a mish mash of chloe meets versace meets marni, with some sexy sandals . It was at gucci in 1996 , Ford became infamous for his flattering velvet pants. THe pants frida put out , look like something a punk wannabe can pick up at Hot Topic at the local mall. Im waiting for the fashion critiques opinions on this . I dont think it will be good.

no one noticed the pants? I
love them, high waisted with the belt, loose in the upper part.

capt6dccb21007a44a7881a80430139f8a2.italy_fashion_mil188.jpg

yahoo news

Is Gucci the first to make someting like that?
That is the only thing i've liked so far

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justafyck
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->