Help Me Find...

Can someone recommend fashionable flats with good arch support?

Can anyone recommend me a nice laptop sleeve for a 15.6" laptop? I like the look of the ones from Marc By Marc Jacobs, but I have only been able to find them in 13" and 15"

I'm desperate tFSers. I am absolutely in love with a swimsuit worn by an instagrammer (@helloemilie) in some of her recent pics. Even though a large number of people have asked her for the brand, she ignores the question while responding to other comments! (Trying to keep the goodness for herself me thinks!)

I was wondering if you guys could help with a swimsuit id?

Here it is, a high-waisted two piece in dark green with geometric patterns:

helloemilieswimsuit1.jpg helloemilieswimsuit2.png

helloemilieswimsuit3.jpg helloemilieswimsuit4.jpg

I am looking for the Balenciaga 2009 pants. Also I am looking for the Prada aloha print in cyan green in size S or XS :(. If you guys know where can I find these please let me know.

balenciaga-spring-2009-pants-profile.jpg

(coolspotter)

I don't actually know a specific source ... but I will say this: Vintage clothing by brand gets spread out all over the place ... it lands where ever someone decides to get rid of it. Vintage clothing shopping is a very challenging thing to do .... it's mostly luck.

Of course, look on line ... many sellers advertise the brand names of what they have in stock and show a photo. Etsy is a good source: https://www.etsy.com/market/vintage_ralph_lauren

If you need to try it on, then your best place to start is your local vintage/resale shops ... maybe call them and ask if they have anything in stock at the moment. And thrift shops ... where people donate clothes to charity ... they won't know what's in stock probably, so you just have to keep searching through the racks and come back often.

I got a really good deal on a vintage tweed jacket from RL on Ebay. I would save my search and browse the new listings every few days. I do this whenever I am looking for something online.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this (please let me know if there's a better thread! :unsure:) but does anyone know how I can get my hands on fashion sample sizes? Vanity sizing is killing me – I've heard that almost any "mall store" size 0 is more like a 4 or 6 by real fashion standards :furious:

^How do you mean? Do you want to know the "true size" of runway garments, or are you looking for clothes that will actually fit you, and you think the clothes in shops are too big?

I am looking for the Nike shoes Mick is wearing here. Do anyone know if they still make this particular shoe? The pic is from 2010. I am pretty clueless about sneakers...

2vxq789.jpg

source: nytimes.com

It's some Nike Free Run version (and there's plenty); perhaps even from some Shield collection, because it seems like it might have light reflective elements which usually come along with weather resistant properties that makes those Shield models more distinctive when identifying the shoe.
Or it might be this model from 2010? If you can make out the detail better from the nyt pic and compare. I think this one is simply named Nike Free Run+.

Oh, and to add, I'm pretty sure they don't make the shoe anymore, they move very quickly with models these days when it comes to sneakers in general, especially the running ones. But there's plenty of very similar and say - upgraded models.

Attachments

• Nike_Free_Run+_Sneakers2.jpg
    Nike_Free_Run+_Sneakers2.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you! I believe those are the ones. Shame they don't make them anymore. I really appreciate your help regardless!

^How do you mean? Do you want to know the "true size" of runway garments, or are you looking for clothes that will actually fit you, and you think the clothes in shops are too big?

Ones that actually fit. :smile: Measurements are 28-23-32 which I believe is meant to fit size 0 but usually doesn't really work, even with size 00 and especially with skinny jeans. :(

^Shops who sell mainly to teenagers tend to have very small sizes. I ordered some topshop jeans (leigh) online, but had to give them to my 12 year old niece because I couldn't get them over my ankles:lol: High street clothes often run small because fabric is expensive... That's really the best advice I can think of. Or you could find a tailor.

I believe Italian brands offer smaller sizes ? I remember I could wear a s/xs, but in Italy, I was almost a size L!

Thank you! I believe those are the ones. Shame they don't make them anymore. I really appreciate your help regardless!

You can always try ebay or amazon in such cases, or a sports outlet perhaps. It might not be so unlikely to find them still. :wink: But good like with the size then. :D

Ones that actually fit. :smile: Measurements are 28-23-32 which I believe is meant to fit size 0 but usually doesn't really work, even with size 00 and especially with skinny jeans. :(

I am 30-24-35, a UK 6 (US 2), and, even then, have similar problems. British vanity sizing is ludicrous, American even more so. Often I have to wear UK 4s or US 0s. As for finding nice lingerie, that's impossible.

Far east Asian shops (Chinese, Japanese, Korean) tend to run very small, but also petite, so no use if you're tall.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where can I find the top and jeans that Shelley Mulshine (I think?) is modelling in this picture?

5vEnhsa.jpg

(picture from personal inspiration folder, source sadly lost)

Also: a jacket similar to this? It was originally sold by a site called Joycotton, which has since gone out of business.

sYmw03W.jpg

(juliacureton pinterest)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->