Interview June/July 2008 : Marc Jacobs by Mikael Jansson

I just bought it.Now the challenge is not reading it until vacation 2 weeks from now so I don't find it boring by then :smile:.

This is such a great issue, Andy's so inspiring to me.
And I love Marc Jacobs!:heart:

I just got this, will scan the factory ed. Magdalena Frackowiak also has 2 pictures in an article on Giorgio Armani, which I will scan as well.

Andy's Girls-Photogrpahed by Jason Kibbler

*Scanned by me

Sorry about the crops on the scans guys...Interview is a little too big for my scanner...but I think I got the important stuff!

Last edited by a moderator:
Giorgio Armani-Photographed by Jason Kibbler

*Scanned by me

Giorgio Armani-Photographed by Jason Kibbler

Please Do Not Quote Images. See tFS Community Rules.

*Scanned by me
who is the girl? she is cute and surely is not Giorgio Armani :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Magdalena Frackowiak...sorry, the interview is about Giorgio Armani, but I only scanned Magda's shots:lol:

Source | FWD

Marc Jacobs on Andy Warhol on Charlie Rose
Interview team--sans Fabien Baron--tackles television
Thursday, June 12, 2008

(NEW YORK) "Fashion's as popular as football now--maybe more popular," declared Marc Jacobs during a roundtable panel discussion hosted by Charlie Rose on the legacy--and current incarnation--of Interview magazine. The designer graces the July cover in an ode to its late founder, Andy Warhol, who would've turned 80 this August.

In the segment which aired on June 11th, Jacobs was joined by Interview co-editorial director Glenn O'Brien, Brant Publications chief Peter Brant (who owns the magazine) and his wife, and contributing fashion editor, Stephanie Seymour Brant. Where was Fabien Baron? Interview's co-editorial director was committed to photographing his third fashion story for T magazine with Karl Templer (his newly appointed creative director, no less) that will come out in September.

"We didn't want to put Andy himself on the cover, but do we put an actor on the cover instead?" asked O'Brien, who said he sought an alternative that would keep the magazine in the present. After Todd Eberle offered that Jacobs was the new Warhol at a dinner conversation, the rest was, well, history.

"Andy was the first artist to understand that to compete in the corporate world you had to be a corporation," said O'Brien, when asked about the concept of "new art" as business. "That's the most profound change he made in the art world. The idea of the suffering artist in his lonely garret doesn't apply anymore. Andy was almost Buddha-like."

Brant, who met Warhol in 1968 after he was almost fatally shot by a disgruntled filmmaker, joked that Warhol wanted the magazine to be one that would get him into parties. "Nevermind that he owned it," he chuckled.

"Interview was one of his great works of art. It kept him close to what he thought was on the forefront of our culture. It created work for this factory that he built." Declaring him as the artist that's had the biggest influence on the 21st century, aside from Picasso, "his prominence among our historians has only come to be in the past 10 years," he said. "Initially his art was too close to what our culture was all about. The people at The Factory weren't hanging around him; he was hanging around them. He was the good-hearted groupie."

Jacobs, who only met Warhol twice at dinner parties, admitted that he never felt he had enough of an art education to own art. "But now you turn on a Motorola phone and the graphics are inspired by [Takashi] Murakami's art. I don't think people realize that," he said. "I didn't know him, but he did things and made things happen but had this world around him in this chaos that made things happen as well," he said. "We live in such a different time than when this magazine first started; things are so computer-driven now."

As for the future of New York's status as an art capital? "I don't think there is a cultural capital anymore," said O'Brien. "Ten years ago, they were all in New York and now they're all on a plane. The artists can't afford to live in New York today."

Andy was shot by Valeria Solanis, a radical feminist.As far as I know she was never a filmmaker.

Andy was shot by Valeria Solanis, a radical feminist.As far as I know she was never a filmmaker.

Correct...but Solanas wrote the S.C.U.M. Manifesto which was made into short film. The writer of that article is just not informed enough about her...they aren't even mentioning her name for obvious reasons...not surprising:innocent:

Thanks for pointing out the error SnejanaIsMyMuse :flower:

I don't condone what Valeria did but you got to love that manifesto:ninja:

I heard that Solanis shot him partly because she claimed he had taken a script she'd written for a play, but never produced it (check imdb for instance).

I hate to be a bother, but could anyone that owns this issue tell me who makes the glasses that Agyness is wearing in the second page of the Warhol ed? I neeeeeed them! All I can see in that scan is "SELI.... for Jack Spade" and google isn't helping me. :doh: Thanks! :flower:

I hate to be a bother, but could anyone that owns this issue tell me who makes the glasses that Agyness is wearing in the second page of the Warhol ed? I neeeeeed them! All I can see in that scan is "SELI.... for Jack Spade" and google isn't helping me. :doh: Thanks! :flower:

Selima for Jack Spade

:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->