Lanvin S/S 09 Paris

Emilia - thanks for HQs. was that the whole collection? if not, would it be possible to post the rest here as well, or give the link? i'd love to see everything in hq. thanks so much!

fvckkk
like one poster already said
thank you alber for the heart attack....!

and yes, we've seen it all before
but i'll give him respite
for still maintaining the best collection all week.

Last edited by a moderator:
i like most of the collection i really don`t like the huge shoulder shirts and the baggy diaper thing going on in some of the pants and skirts. i do however love the colors and i want half of the dresses..

overall good in my books!!

Alber never disappoints...
and the jeweled heel shoes are Uh-mazing...

I agree with the others about how this collection is not a departure from past seasons
e.g.

1z3us13.jpg

FW0809
2dl2fwy.jpg

SS09
style.com

but I so don't mind...Lanvin is the shizz...

what worries me about this collection isnt really that it's no different from last season BUT that some of the looks maybe a handful of them seem terribly off on the proportion.
i dont doubt all of these are masterfully constructed and in the best quality materials... it's just that they dont seem to have that "enhancing" quality that reigns in most of alber's designs, no?
in a way i cant wait to see next season, just to reassure that alber hasnt really lost any of his great talent... i want to see maybe something like the "ribirth" that we've seen from Tisci this season (who had been a bit weak in the very latest ones)
i just think this show needed a bit better styling that would've eliminated of at least camouflaged the "extra"-pieces so that they wouldnt stand out....

i am also very surprised all the reviews this got were so so positive. did anyone not-like this between the critics/press? sarah? suzy? cathy?

what worries me about this collection isnt really that it's no different from last season BUT that some of the looks maybe a handful of them seem terribly off on the proportion.
i dont doubt all of these are masterfully constructed and in the best quality materials... it's just that they dont seem to have that "enhancing" quality that reigns in most of alber's designs, no?
in a way i cant wait to see next season, just to reassure that alber hasnt really lost any of his great talent... i want to see maybe something like the "ribirth" that we've seen from Tisci this season (who had been a bit weak in the very latest ones)
i just think this show needed a bit better styling that would've eliminated of at least camouflaged the "extra"-pieces so that they wouldnt stand out....

i am also very surprised all the reviews this got were so so positive. did anyone not-like this between the critics/press? sarah? suzy? cathy?

I don't remember any off proportions ... which pieces do you mean?

excuse me for not posting the actual pics but i didnt wanna take too much space as they would be all reposts from getty and catwalking.
some of the looks that most stroke me for their proportion where this one

http://i398.photobucket.com/albums/pp69/clickadiary/lanvin15.jpg

and i would have loved this one below if instead of a total look it had been maybe mixed-matched with a look like the one after it (probably in another colour) just to keep the volume in one part of the body, not both.
i know the idea of paring full top with skinny pants or big skirt with hugging top is quite oldfashioned or obvious. but as a two-pieces ensemble, i think it looks off in this particular look to make both so big... maybe if the "waist" was at a different height... i dont know
i just can't see where lily's body is. i get the feeling that's her following the dress and not the dress moving as she is.

http://g.photos.cx/LANV_SS09_0005-592.jpg

http://i398.photobucket.com/albums/pp69/clickadiary/lanvin3.jpg

another look that bothered me a bit what this. i love the sleeve and i love the accentuated hips... it was just too much imo to put both of them together.

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/3314/lanvss0901093770220sh0.jpg

:flower:
the rest of the collection is just beautiful!! and if it wasnt for these, it'd probably be one of my top3 of the season. it's so bad these few looks kind of "ruin" the whole idea of this otherwise great collection.

I actually agree with borjacapella,

It's beautiful, but some of the volumes are overwhelming.

Agree with Borjacapella as well, I mentioned earlier that the model's torso's looked squashed, like they had a weird growth stunt. It's without the usual finesse we've come to expect.

I must admit I'm really, really starting to love it! Of course, he didn't show nothing new, it was even quite repetitive, acutally, but all the volumously draped pieces are gorgeus, look very precise :wub:

the lanvin show was fantastic!!! granted some of the volumes and shapes didn't work on the models, but still!!! alber elbaz rocked it!!!

nothing on his S/s 2008 collection , this looks too prissy , his spring 2008 collection was so lean and languid and flowy

^^^ Agree completely!

I found this collection completely opposing to Alber's aesthetic of 'lightness' and 'draping' and all of that.

I saw no real fluid Lanvin aesthetic here. It was pretty disappointing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchconnor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->