Chloé S/S 09 Paris

Very safe collection on behalf of the Chloe team.

I much preferred it when Paulo did his first collection. It was bold and made a statement of *his* Chloe aesthetic.

I can't understand what Hannah wants to establish with this new Chloe woman.

It's very pretty and feminine - and I'm so glad she brought some kind of fluidity back.

But, this is really boring. The Chloe woman was feminine, but she was never ever boring and overly pretty. There is always that toughness to go hand in hand with the femininity. Where is that in this collection?

Are they serious with these accessories??? YAWN :innocent:

sw662s.jpg
25tc77r.jpg

t9xkj7.jpg
ngdl3t.jpg

style.it

the accessories are so.. amateur..? uninspired..?

I dunno.

I'm curious to see what they make of it in editorials.

So no comments on my vast disappointment, but instead I'd like to point out design similarities to not only Christopher Kane, but Proenza Schouler... kind of entertaining, if you ask me!

versus1-2.jpg

Chloe SS09 vs Christopher Kane SS09

versus2-2.jpg

Chloe SS09 vs Proenza Schouler SS09

versus3-2.jpg

Chloe SS09 vs Proenza Schouler Resort09

Last edited by a moderator:
Stella McCartney is rapidly losing her time in the spotlight, not making waves or even talked about much at all, but her designs are still somewhat "Chloe" from the old days. Fashion's gravity seems to have shifted since Philo's days towards a more constructed, edgier, more complex,modern, less "retro-girlish" vibe....ok, maybe D2 still does it...^_^

Even Prada is getting shunted by the buzz around the likes of Balenciaga, Rick Owens, Raf Simons, Hussein Chalayan, etc. The old Chloe "formula" wouldn't make a fashion splash, I hope Philo herself has evolved, but her old stuff are very unimpressive by today's standard.

I dont think so , most girls dont want to the rock punk wh*re look, actually the current fashion isnt edgier or modern its just repackaged crap from the mid 1980s , with every designer copying mugler , alia and montana. These looked hideous the first time , I was there , I KNOW , just like there are now . Phoebe combined the non chalant attitude of the 70s and 80s , minus the punk or boho look and came up with something which was hers . To say phoebe is out of touch , is TOTALLY wrong , the baby doll shift dresss she put out in 2006 are still there at your local high street store , the whole jeans tucked into heeled boots was reintroduced by her back in Fall 2003 and is now de rigeur , lot of trends , Ms. Philo started are now classics .

So no comments on my vast disappointment, but instead I'd like to point out design similarities to not only Christopher Kane, but Proenza Schouler... kind of entertaining, if you ask me!

these comparisons only reinforce how bad this collection is. I am not a fan of CK or PS this season, but their clothes are so much more luxurious and well executed.

Chloe is just embarrassing.

God!! this is so frustating really...
I was reading all your comments people...and I agree to someone who said that the real chloe girl Ive seen lately is the one from s/s 2007
that was a great collection

Im always expecting that kind of clothes when it comes to chloe...
I used to name myself as a Chloe girl, but not anymore,
the image of the house is falling apart with so many changes
they should stayed w Ivan
and give him a bit more time
but what the hell...
I dont know what they are doing with it
:blush:

Paolo's collections were amazing, and I miss him quite a bit...

:rofl::buzz::rofl:
These clothes should be covering furniture not humans bodies :ninja:

can't agree more.

so christopher kane even Proenza schouler...

the worst chloe show I ever saw....

I dont think so , most girls dont want to the rock punk wh*re look, actually the current fashion isnt edgier or modern its just repackaged crap from the mid 1980s , with every designer copying mugler , alia and montana. These looked hideous the first time , I was there , I KNOW , just like there are now . Phoebe combined the non chalant attitude of the 70s and 80s , minus the punk or boho look and came up with something which was hers . To say phoebe is out of touch , is TOTALLY wrong , the baby doll shift dresss she put out in 2006 are still there at your local high street store , the whole jeans tucked into heeled boots was reintroduced by her back in Fall 2003 and is now de rigeur , lot of trends , Ms. Philo started are now classics .
I hate to sound argumentative here, but she didn't start any of those trends....she resurrected them, and not on her own I might add. You make it sound as if she single handedly brought back baby doll dresses with one collection when the reality is that designers started playing with empire line, voluminous and short dress a full season before she did (John Galliano at Dior, Marc Jacobs at his label and LV). She had plenty of help in bringing back the whole retro lolita thing. Besides that, I don't think she did anything that's completely individual to her. Take away adjectives like cute, flirty, quirky or cool and what are you left with?

And tthis is just a personal preference, but clothes that infantilize a grown woman so that she looks like some Nabokov fantasy are just as ugly, if not uglier then the 80's revival stuff you think is so awful. So I'm not exactly missing Philos babydolls.

God, this collection makes PMA's work look bloody brilliant by comparison.

To be honest, I haven't really been into Chloe since the McCartney days. It was that mix of kitsch, pretty femininity and a playfully raunchy undercurrent that made it so cool, but in a quirky way. Neither McCartney or Philo are all that special on their own, at least in my opinion. Individually they made (or in Stella's case, make) unremarkably pretty and easy to comprehent clothes for a young woman. There's no real edge to what either of them do. At least when they were working side by side it had some punch to it, I mean the s/s 01 collection was pretty amazing I think. Yeah, all people remember are the pinapple pieces, but the retro Jackie O suiting amped up with a sort of ghetto fabulous meets Bianca Jagger attitude was pretty cool. It still resonates today, for me at least.

Ooooh i like this one. Weird!

The color palette is sweet!

But not sure about the scales ala Chris Kane :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amsivi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"