Lanvin S/S 09 Paris

i like it! some pieces are just gorgeous. (^that dress for example:heart:)

Disappointment of the season!!! :(

It's definitely the worst collection Alber has shown for Lanvin. And the reason for that is because most of this looks cheap and tacky. Some of the dresses were positively hideous with their colours and shapes. It was like Barbie-goes-to-Paris.

But worst of all - it was BORING. I did not get excited over anything. It was missing that something, that edge.

I'm so disappointed!!! I am *such* an Alber Elbaz fan, but this is just terrible.

This is beautiful, but not totally Lanvin. It has some Dior/Gucci/LV in it. Some pieces look commercial in a bad way.

I love the deep red it's very strong and bold BUT i dislike those leopard print dresses :ninja: they are trashy...

The shoes are to die for.

Every piece is beautiful, and so I know this is very nitpicky but I am not getting a solid visual argument here. There is no manifesto that I can see. It just seems like a collection full of great updates on the stuff he has been working on.

Last summer and this fall had distinct palettes, moods and motifs. They were as stunning as they were cohesive. This is stunning, but I'm trying to find out what it all means. Maybe I shouldn't bother..

I saw the first photo posted here of Edita and that was it. Alber never lets down.

His creative imagination is incomparable and undeniably genius. This collection is beauty. It seems so romantic and free. The pieces are superb and the construction is innovative, esp. the dresses.

Admittedly, aside from the wondrous dress donned by Vlada, this is middling.
Not a total eyesore (a la Dior, Prada) nor a sidestep (YSL), but not quite up to the prior standards set by Elbaz's trailblazing collections from seasons past.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's stunning, wearable and beautifully made...as usual...but this contains ideas from like 3 or 4 recent Lanvin collections and the difference is that in those collections he focused on one thing while here he doesn't seem to have focused on anything. It lacks the thought that most of his collections have, because even when he hasn't done anything particularly new he does manage to make a point.

This doesn't.

That sums it up well.
The silhouettes, tailoring, and overall finesse come off as overly familiar. Even the palettes bespeaks the flavors of collections past.
If this was the first Lanvin collection by Elbaz I'd ever encountered, I'd likely be more impressed. But I'm jaded and know he is capable of more.
I also have some qualms with the fabric selections...

this is not bad but its a a big let down , its some what stale , its nothing compared to his spring 2008 collection , the mugler skirt looks boring ,every other designer is doing those , the pants are hideous ,esp the fuscia ,some of the dresses are stunning but over all its very incoherent and boring , 5/10

i love the collection.. wearable, flattering shapes, i love the details and colors.. but yes, i have to say, there were pieces that were obviously influenced by other designers.. but to me, it's ok. It's not a bad thing.. because at the end of the day, Alber presented his collection in a very Lanvin way.

As a Lanvin fan, I was surprised by the leopard print but apart from that the rest of the collection was divine!

Elbaz seems to create F/W collections better than S/S however he never disappoints.

it's all quite gorgeous. incredibly luxe looking, very soft in texture. i imagine that this would all be very comfortable to wear.

not sure about the puffy arms, and overall, i don't think any of this creates the most flattering silhouette.

i will say, however, that this dress will go to an A-List actress like Nicole Kidman or Natalie Portman or someone of that stature. it's the standout of the collection. absolutely breathtaking. they'll all be after having it for a big red-carpet event!

this may be the one you all were talking about in the comments "i love the dress on Edita..." but since i don't know who that person is, or the model in this dress, i can't reference it in that way.

*catwalking*

I think I may be the only one who is not fond of that dress. :ninja: I might need to see the details of it to fully appreciate it, but right now, it's looking a bit...unfinished.

I like the first two looks, along with some of the asymmetrical dresses in the middle, and a few other pieces here and there.

The collection is pretty, but then again, pretty collections are a dime a dozen. It just feels like deja vu to me; I've seen it all before from previous Lanvin collections. :ninja:

Yikes, I can do without those bejeweled shoes, too. They're too heavily adorned with sequins and rhinestones, making them look messy, unappealing, and dare I say, like a school project. :ninja:

The shoes are to die for! I am going to need to buy a pair asap.. they are all gorgeous :smile: the dress are amazing.. its hard to top his f/w 08 because that was spectacualur but this comes close

I honestly can't believe people are swooning over this.

What I find strange in this, is there is practically any craftsmanship in the pieces. Last season with its ribbons and elaborate detailing was truly DNA Alber for Lanvin.

But this; luxurious? The necklaces were made out of PLASTIC!! And the jewels/animal prints on the dresses looks really cheap and tacky a la Dior at its worst.

I see a diffused Dior by Galliano with most of the color choices - and it doesn't work. This was totally a faux-pas collection for me. I can't believe its Lanvin!!!

I LOVE that there is such little emphasis on handbags, and the shoes seem to fit with the dresses so well. Its like a fashion house without a financial goal. Refreshing

I like some looks but in general the collection is very messy and incoherent...I'm not feeling the mood...disappointed...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clubmissy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->