Chloé S/S 09 Paris

What in fresh hell is this? :shock: It seems I won't have to be worrying about spending for the Spring season. The designers are incorporating money saving schemes on their own.

Thank you, Ms whateveryournameis. I'm much obliged to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
My goodness

I had high expectations noting what she had done when she was working with Phoebe but it's clear now that the other team members lent her some sorely needed filters.

Yes, Paulo was doing fine indeed. His clothes were odd and didn't fit the brand but they were at least wearable. I don't know what to say, I'm shocked really. Mortifying.

Hmm not so into the shapes. I preferred the previous designer.

Ew. I remember when Chloe used to be good, now its a whole lot of rubbish. Rubbish. RUBBISH!

i don't even want to look at the whole collection...i'm cringing something fierce right now...

oh my heart is broken now.
I absolutey adore Chloé.
and this collection is absolutely horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What were they thinking???

As much as I hate this, I think it was necessary for her to bring Chloe back to a simplified feminine aesthetic. It was safe and understated but a definite shift away from Paulo's woman.

Obviously, this season was about making the transition to/from another designer, and about introducing a new Chloe femininity.

For me, next season will be *the* season to judge her work on. She's had the time to introduce her aesthetic; now she is free to do whatever she wants. No excuses. She won't be able to hide behind anything but her own work.

I think the best thing about this show was Hannah's legs, which were not bad at all for a 38 year-old fashion designer :D

00360m.jpg

style.com

its her first collection , but for her second collection she needs something smart young and chic , or chloes "dirty pretty" , so the bubble shapes got to go , the stegasorus coats and tops , jelly shoes , and those ugly *** mc hammer pants

I love the white dress on Magdalena :wub:
What I like about the collection are the colors, I like the nice pastels tones. I also like the femininity of the curves, ruffles and ribbons. But I can't see myself wearing many of these... Maybe they are aesthetically interesting, but she shapes are somewhat repetitive and I think a bit lacking in more interesting detail. Can't imagine the bubble tops being too flattering either...

Last edited by a moderator:
......guess I don't have to worry about spending my food money on anything Chloe anytime soon. =(

I'm not too keen on the cuts of the clothes, the seem either really shapeless and blah or an over exagerated bubble shape - and I'm not too fond of the materials either. The colours are rather nice, however. For a first collection its not bad, but could have been alot better

It is usually quite clear whether a designer can cut, sculpt, drape, pleat, etc., and she simply can't, from the looks of this simple, basic collection.

I very much agree with this comment. There is a level of expertise that is missing in the execution of most of the clothes. And I'm no expert, but even I can see that..

I still find elements to like about this collection, and I do personally like the strange playfulness of the silhouettes, that's just slightly over the top, along with the colors.. But even then, is this acceptable as a 'Chloé' collection? :unsure: I understand the dissapointment there..

In general, I like the potential in the ideas here, but agree there is a problem in the execution.. like the choice of some of the materials, and the fact that most of the clothes have just ended up looking too heavy and bulky (even if that was somewhat intentional) to the point where they seem quite unflattering..

Maybe it could be improved upon within a few seasons?.. Hope so..

^^^ yeah the dresses and pants are very sloppy its like some grade 2 student made them lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarestjewel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->