Chloé S/S 09 Paris

Talk about damning someone with faint praise...from an article by Cathy Horyn in the NY Times...

"Chloé’s new designer, Hannah MacGibbon, made a fair start, offering sundresses with ruffled crisscrossed backs, a sharp-shouldered jumpsuit in khaki cotton, and a cool, one-shoulder dress in nutmeg cotton with side lacing. Sandals were flat (black straps, say, with a Kelly green sole). Scalloping (around hems and dinosaur-style down the sleeves of a bitter-lemon coat) looked cute in small doses. No doubt Ms. MacGibbon, who worked at the house once before under Phoebe Philo, will hear from plenty of critics about her very large trousers, and look back upon them critically herself and feed her eye from smaller plates."

Cathy was being pretty generous...maybe since it's MacGibbon's first season Cathy refrained from saying that most of the collection looked like melting marshmallows with scalloped edges.

Im not so thrilled with it. Maybe some editorial stuff but it's still sort of 'flat'

Ugh.
Feels like wannabe old Chloe. It should have been edited... too many bow ties, too much fabric and awkward shapes... Who the hell would want to blow their savings on this? And the accessories?????
If this outfit was on Project Runway the designer would've gotten kicked out for sure. Not remotely flattering.

style

I agree with whoever said this is becoming the era of Ghesquiere, Rick Owens, Raf Simons... the "new." Chloe won't be able to keep up if it continues to be like this. No one's going to pay attention. At least Paulo had something interesting to offer, I adored him.
Pity.... :(

I'm not in love with this collection :( was so looking forward to it though...

I'm kind of freaking out now. I'm looking at closets filled with cute Chloe dresses shorts and shoes (the shoes!), looking at this and wondering *what* the hell it will feel like next year to a shopping season with zero Chloe. I don't know what the heck was the "true Chloe" all I know is that I would not take most of these items for free nor donate them to the homeless.

(I'm exaggerating...mostly...but I'm dealing with a serious mental void here :shock:!)

I recently realized that it wasn't Hannah who I associated with a lot of my favorite past collections. Spring 06 and Fall 06 are my favorites and it was Sara Jowett, Natasha Lee, Valeska Duetsch, Adrian Appiolaza and Yvan Mispelaere who put them together. I'd be reaching out to them right now if I were management at Chloe.

Bizarre... I like some of the pieces, but most of them fail miserably. How does that white dress on Magdalena make her look about twice her size, no regular sized woman is going to want to wear that. It all seems to fussy, Chloe usually evokes effortless femininity.

This collection look like one of those you see in NY where no one pays attention to and just there to fill the slot! Sad!
:heart:

this made me laugh but i have to agree.

also this collection is unflattering the lengths of the pants, skirts and the long dresses is bad, harem pants don`t look good on most people, and also it all looks unfinished :(

i must say i do like the fabric choices

I like the collection, the shorts especially. it is a little unflattering, but i like clothes that are unflattering for some reason

This doesn't really have that...chloe aura. I'm a little disappointed, I was expecting something else.

It's just ok like somebody said it's def. filler stuff and I miss that 60's chloe.. But after watching that Style.com video seems all the major fashion people only want the old pre-60's thing back. Oh well...

Chloe needs to steal Yvan from Gucci and make him Head director his Fall 06 collecion and Spring 07 were great , Hannah sux, I thought Paulo was bad , he was too marni but Hannah just sux ,I will give her one chance , but if she churns out another pair of harem pants and stegosaurus coats , they best fire her

Disappointing collection IMO. I find this a backward looking, imitation of the pre-Melim Andersen collections. I so wanted to be able to like some of the stuff as a Chloe fan but there's something off with most of this frumpish stuff. The fit white dress on Lily, for example, renders it ugly and boy if its ug on her its gonna be ugo on the general buying population... As it stands, I tend to agree with the previous poster who intimated that the era of Chloe is over and that its time to move on and let the likes of futurists at Balenciaga, Rick Owens, Givenchy and Jil Sander have their share of the limelight and the sales.

I don't care much about design and collection tbh. I went to youtube a few days ago to find out the songs that were used during the runway. When I looked at the clothes, I was like "wtf, is this really Chloe or am I watching a wrong video?" :shock: Then I realized these clothes were designed by Chloe's new designer, not the same designer two seasons ago... -_-

aaaaaaaaaaah im so disappointed =(
CHLOE was the first brand i fell in love with and i was so inspired by the cool Chloe-girl!

but this collection only reminds me of bad colored weird italian pasta dresses...
really cant believe she was the right hand of Phoebe Philo!
i mean this is even worse than what Paolo did and when such collections are going to follow i really dont mind to not have a headdesigner but to let the creative team design again for some seasons till they find an acceptabel designer or Pheobe Philo back!!!
actually i really liked the two collections of the creative team and there were much better and Chloe-like than the collections after them...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarestjewel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->