Model Casting F/W 14.15

They had two black girls so I guess one took the spot of the asian.

I know.LOL Kai and Janica felt like token black girls, but i hope it gives them the hype to help their careers.

The CK cast was a bit embarrassing to be honest, except for the stunner who opened, it was a bland-galore parade with two token black girls. Ralph takes the crown today if you ask me, perfectly casted line-up for the brand.

^^"Oh, but we already have a black exclusive! I guess the token asian girl just isn't in the cards this time... one minority at a time, please. Hey, how about we have Ine Neefs close the show!"

Pictured: Maida and Rami's string of genius thought.

Can some casting decisions be explained by this new model law? Quite a few girls expected to sweep are nowhere to be seen, even though they were in the city and apparently attended the castings.

^^"Oh, but we already have a black exclusive! I guess the token asian girl just isn't in the cards this time... one minority at a time, please. Hey, how about we have Ine Neefs close the show!"

Pictured: Maida and Rami's string of genius thought.

Seriously. Hadassa, who they cast at Dior and Max Azria's shows would have been great there. Also, Samantha Archibald has such a CK vibe to her. Lord, I can go on forever.

Can some casting decisions be explained by this new model law? Quite a few girls expected to sweep are nowhere to be seen, even though they were in the city and apparently attended the castings.

Which ones are you referring to?

Seriously. Hadassa, who they cast at Dior and Max Azria's shows would have been great there. Also, Samantha Archibald has such a CK vibe to her. Lord, I can go on forever.

Riley Monatana would've looked great there, too. And what about the Asian girls? Xiao Wen has been a CK favorite, they've casted Chiharu Okunugi before, there's Jing Wen who would've fit perfectly, Sung Hee Kim, Mona Matsuoka... Argh, Maida and Rami enfuriate me sometimes with this tokenist boring casting.

Pretty annoyed they didn't include Hadassa, and especially Riley, but theres still hope with the upcoming Marc Jacobs show in a few hours. The lack of East Asian models ticks me off to no end.

I don't understand at least having Vanessa close. She is your campaign girl, exclusive and you stick her in the middle of the lineup. Why wouldn't you at least highlight her and have her close or open? :angry:

^EXACTLY. Vanessa should've either closed or opened.

Am I the only one finding Chiharu walking less shows this season?:(

Btw who's the girl with the red hair? I find her so utterly boring. I guess the hair adds some interest to her.

What's the deal with Soo Joo in the front row at Calvin Klein? I can understand Tao but it's kind of random that she was there too.

I liked the CK opener...at least she didn't look 12 for once. However the overall cast was awful.

We had Jasmine, Senait, Malaika who fit in so well last season...god I'd even take Edie again over 90% of that cast! Insulting that Vanessa never opens or closes the show either.

It's been a pretty lame NY casting wise for me, although I expected casting directors to throw away diversity right off of the bat, so it's "somewhat reassuring" that lots of black models are walking big shows. There haven't been many slots for Asian girls though, which shows we're getting a cyclical reversal of the casting pattern for the past 2 years..."it's either Asians or black girls; pick one, you can't have both" :rolleyes:.

MJ better be good but knowing Katie not so Grand, I'm not putting money on it.

Lmao @ everyone having expectations with CK :lol:

i know i didn't expect it to be any more exciting at all. Im starting to think it may not even be just the casting directors who have so much say in this. Francisco's name is all over the casting imo

Honestly, I liked having Alisa open over Vanessa but Ine as the closer was so weak. But I guess they should let Ine have her moment for now.

Senait, Malaika and Jasmine were missed.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the deal with Soo Joo in the front row at Calvin Klein? I can understand Tao but it's kind of random that she was there too.

LOL I didn't see it. But what a joke. Not only her being there, but the fact that two Asian models sat front row but not one was walking the show. Pathetic. Hopefully someone who's somebody says something about this soon.

It's not going to happen. It's like Lupita N'yongo wearing Dior at a recent event. I'm like gurl if you only knew...nobody educates these celebrities, cause they're seemingly the only ones who can make a stance against this industry practice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alice730
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->