Model Casting S/S 15

Anyone notice how the SK cast was frontloaded with socialites? They even threw in the socialites' ugly sisters that nobody cares about. The first five or six girls were all socialites and then randomly the models started. Such a mess of a lineup. Was it just a shameless ploy for more press?

I'm normally OK with the stunt casting (ok, I LOVE it) but even I have to admit she went overboard here. How old is Cindy Crawford's daughter? I can imagine if she's eligible in the next few seasons, it's going to be...well, like this SR cast.

So Cara & Binx both opened Chanel?

CHA_0131.jpg

style.com

^Looks like it, but who cares, I saw Gisele and Nadine Stritmatter so yay

HAHAHAHAHA you beat me to it, I mean Gisele was the big name, but when I saw Nadine I was like WHOA what a surprise.

All those girls came out at once? :blink: Goodness lol

My girl Toni was also there :heart:
I love how loyal he is to his girls, for example Antonia Wesseloh is not doing well at all, but you can count on her to book Chanel.

One black model at Valentino and that's it! Not even one asian. I wonder who cast the show.

^Two black models, if we're counting Pauline Hoarau. Which helps absolutely nothing.

I was expecting Sasha Luss, Fei Fei, Julia Nobis at least. Maybe Tilda as well to a certain extent. I guess the memo must be "fresh faces + some of last season buzzed about girls, Anna Ewers, Maja and etc, oh and throw in some edgy girls before it gets to sweet. Book Hanne & Irina Kravchenko, and and throw in Edie coz people seem to have strong opinion of her". No sweet faced new asian? Skip. A black model or two before they say we're too one note."

Pauline is black? Wow I cant tell at all.
I love Maartje, she's gorge, and doing really well.
And the opening girl is also very beautiful.

Last edited by a moderator:
My girl Toni was also there :heart:
I love how loyal he is to his girls, for example Antonia Wesseloh is not doing well at all, but you can count on her to book Chanel.
so happy Toni was there.:heart:

Wish Gisele would've opened/closed though. Come on. It's Gisele.

^Yes, she is ^_^

Forget Gisele, so happy to see Nadine at the show. Yet another fantastic suprise this season!

F*** Karl for doing that to my gurl Sasha Luss. She was consistently booking and then BAM, nada. This is truly not her season and what pisses me off even more is they cast Gigi hadid and KenDULL. Like, really?
However, thank god Grace Mahary was there. She looked gorgeous and I always love when she does Chanel.

Valentinos cast was Okay. Only two models of color Aya jones and Pauline Hoarau :/ which both are gorgeous but I think malaika , grace mahary, and marihenny possible always fit Valentino perfectly. They should have cast them

Isn't Nadine the legendary model who pushed that PETA lady out of the way in Dior 2003 way back? :lol:

So in a way, she beat that mock protest at the end of the show by a full decade!

What's left, Louis Vuitton? Marc used to do big name casting but I'm not so sure about Nicholas.

^ Last season Freja, Liya & Maggie. He might get some old faves back this season.

Miu Miu might surprise too, especially with Gemma at Prada.

Sonia Rykiel cast was probably one of the worst during Paris fw, which is a shame, because their casting used to be really fresh a few years ago (but always lacked in diversity, to be honest).
I've never cared for Chanel's cast, this season was same as usual- some regulars (good to see at least some loyalty) + totally random girls + modelebrities (obviously). It was great to see Nadine though.
Valentino's cast disappointed me, some models were missing- Auguste, Sasha, Fei Fei- and some models that totally don't fit the brand took their place- diversity and loyalty-wise, the S/S 15 casting really sucks. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->