Models Who Were One-Hit Wonders

Alexandra Elizabeth? I cannot believe how quickly she became irrelevant.

So sad cos I think they're amazing but I would probably say that in terms of A-list bookings Valerija Kelava, Iris Strubegger and Marie Piovesan would probably be considered one hit wonders. Valerija did get a Vogue Italia cover three years ago but that didn't lead to what I was hoping would be a huge return. She still gets some indie work though and will always be one of the best editorial girls. Iris debuted in early 2000s and then left and came back in late 2000s. She was pretty much one of the top 5 models of 2009 through mid 2010 but then faded from the top. Some say it was her own choice. She, like Marie, still book some work but they aren't where they used to be obviously. Every season I keep hoping that these three will make triumphant comebacks.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Yup. Same with Caitie Greene. Solo VI cover, Prada, Coach, Zara, and now, no signs of her.

Catie Greene kills me the most especially since she’s been replaced with a severely downgraded version of herself.

Axente, Murphy and other Prada girls. Will see about Krigaite.

I disagree Murphy is a one hit wonder... I mean she's still getting blue chip work here and there and I believe the fact that she has a main job outside of fashion explains why she isn't getting a crazy amount of work.

The only prada girl who I feel embodies a one hit wonder is Adina Forizs in 2008. One season she was hot and the next she was literally over.

I don't agree about Murphy or Axente at all. They both came back to Prada within the past twelve months. Axente has had Chanel beauty campaigns and Calvin Klein campaigns. Amanda Murphy has also gotten other work outside of Prada and has been one of Meisel's muses. They've both had successful careers and are still getting some pretty solid work.

Lol. Definitely not one hit wonders, by all means.

The fact that they've all had more than one Prada campaign already proves that, after all, that's more than one hit.

Amanda: + campaigns for Celine, Bottega Veneta, Salvatore Ferragamo, Giorgio Armani, Missoni, Trussardi, all very big. This season she walked the two biggest shows a model can work walk: Prada & Louis Vuitton.

Vanessa: + campaigns for Calvin Klein Collection (huge), Chanel, DKNY, Hugo Boss.

Kris already has had more than 6 different Prada campaigns, and all three of them have had a great amount of printwork.

But I shouldn't even be defending them.

Slick Woods seems to be on her way here. Maybe Estella Boersma? What's Alicia Burke up to?

Not that I'm sad about it at all since quite frankly she scares me and can't walk, but damn, Molly Bair got hyped up and totally fell off the radar in like what, a year?

I'm assuming she took some kind of voluntary hiatus last year? She was at Marc Jacobs and Maison Margiela mens this season so maybe she is slowing coming back.

Of the "newer" girls who were somewhat big, jess PW seems to be one.

Whats the definition of ''one hit wonder''? Cuz Jess has had definitely more than 1 hit/big season. She had like 3 (?) or something. But she was nothing but a runway filler (unfortunately) Never rlly got big campaigns, covers or high end editorials.

Talking about Prada girls, Lorena Maraschi was another Prada hot girl, who faded pretty fast. Just like Angelica Erthal (both exclusives w/ campaigns for fall 16)

I think the problem is that many girls know nothings a sure thing and decide to only invest 50% into their careers. (Nothing wrong with that!)

I'm sure I'm dating myself, but from the Hommes side, does anybody remember Dennis Manzoni? He seemed to be everywhere for a brief moment, but then.. Now you seem him, now you don't.

Axente is having a great career comparatively.

Calvin Klein x 10 (Collections, Fragrance, Underware)
Prada x 4 multi-girl
Chanel 8+ (Beauty, Jewelry)
JPG, DKNY (fragrances)

Boss, Burch, David Yurman, Dutti, Zimmerman, H&M

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->