Models Who Were One-Hit Wonders

I think the problem is that many girls know nothings a sure thing and decide to only invest 50% into their careers. (Nothing wrong with that!)

Maybe, but also casting directors look for a new face every season and then that new face only lasts a couple seasons before she's not wanted anymore. But now it seems that new faces only last a season.

Some girls also can't keep up with the demands of the job so choose to stop working/switch to commercial

Maybe, but also casting directors look for a new face every season and then that new face only lasts a couple seasons before she's not wanted anymore. But now it seems that new faces only last a season.

Some girls also can't keep up with the demands of the job so choose to stop working/switch to commercial

Oh totally agree!

It’s really sad as I feel some of the better girls have been lost and the ones managing 2-3 seasons aren’t as special.

Moya Palk is the literal definition of a one hit wonder, Ashley booked her for the Prada resort 2015 campaign by Meisel and boom, nothing else, never booked a show, campaign, nada.

^^^ I saw her in a British Vogue editorial shortly after the Prada campaign but you're right, she just kind of disappeared after such a high profile job. I never understood whether she was at school and just turned down jobs, or potential clients never warmed to her look, or if her agencies mismanaged her. After a few years, she's found new representation but doesn't seem to be booking anything.

I still follow Moya on IG and she’s still stunning. I think her main focus is/always be school...even though she could really do much more with proper management.

Kiko Arai? She booked Prada, Balmain, Coach and Zara by Meisel in one season and fell off after that.

Wallette Watson got Prada, Coach and Valentino SS17 campaigns and the disappeared.
Felice Noordhoof doesn't seem to be very successful either despite a good start. Same for Londone Myers whose career has been managed in a quite bizarre way..

I noticed in the other thread she just changed management too. Double ouch.

Sofia Mechetner is over sadly. She randomly showed up at Jill Sander and that’s it.

-Anais Pouliot
-Nyasha Matonhodze
-Mirte Maas
-Jacquelyn Jablonski
-Tati Cotliar
-Patricia van der Vliet
-Julia Saner

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member