Models Who Were One-Hit Wonders

Amanda Laine and Diane Conterato were not one season wonders. Their success lasted several seasons and DC still shows up on Miuccia Prada's runway fairly consistently. They certainly weren't like Bregje or Rasa.

Last edited by a moderator:
Daiane Conterato one of them!!!
:(

Is this a joke ? I don't think Daine is a one hit-wonder at all, she's been a top catwalker for several season since Spring 2007 to Spring 2011, walking for a bunch of designers, she's done several advertising, maybe not much now as before now, but she's definetely not a one season hit-wonder.

some people here confuse 'one- hit wonder' and 'underrated', that's really not the same.

Is this a joke ? I don't think Daine is a one hit-wonder at all, she's been a top catwalker for several season since Spring 2007 to Spring 2011, walking for a bunch of designers, she's done several advertising, maybe not much now as before now, but she's definetely not a one season hit-wonder.

miss her shes amazing

when i read the title of this thread all i could think is cat mcneil. she had the v cover, vogue paris, and numero like bam bam bam and a ton of shoes for like two seasons and then she just went away.

when i read the title of this thread all i could think is cat mcneil. she had the v cover, vogue paris, and numero like bam bam bam and a ton of shoes for like two seasons and then she just went away.

really, you think so? she's had very successful seasons from 2007 to 2009, with multiple covers for numero and australian vogue, long-term contracts with hugo boss, dior jewelry, and big time campaigns for donna karan, dolce & gabbana, JPG, givenchy, etc.

i think maybe after her 6 month exclusive with mario testino was over, things have slowed down a tad before her big breakdown from modeling, but i never thought she was a one-hit wonder.

cat shall rise again (this season, i hope) :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Cat had many successful seasons!! not like a newcomer who's doing like 10 shows and 5 editorials and then dissappear....
you guys misunderstand this thread :D

I disagree with you too, she was for many seasons 2007-2009 in models.com rankings with many campaigns and runway shows. Happytrail i totally second your post !!

actually, i think she was in the list even in 2011, after she "quit"

Really that's even more of a proof, didn't know she was in the list in 2011, honestly i haven't seen that much of work of her lately.

well what i mean was she was just everywhere and then she just completely fell off the radar (apparently only to me at least). i dont think anyone can argue that she went from like 0 to 60 and then back to 0 within like two years. she was on the cover of french vogue and the face of versace and now what? an edit in vogue australia? walking in a few minor shows?

^ But that is still not the definition of one hit wonder. She stopped working by choice.

idk. i heard that people were over her because of the hype (i read some article called "the cat mcneil effect" on style.com about model agents fearing overexposure) and she couldn't exactly fit into the samples anymore.

I thought she quit for a while, because she got sick, in fact i remember she was going to be on shows, and she ended up skipping the whole season because she got really sick. And after that, her work declined a bit, and it's gotta be by choice as you say. But i Agree woth you jacquelineo, that's still not the definition of one hit wonder.

Even if Cat didn't quit by choice, that still wouldn't make her a one-hit wonder. She has quite an impressive record and definitely more than 15 minutes of fame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->