Models Who Were One-Hit Wonders

With her modest career I wouldn't even call her a wonder. Maybe she didn't even want to be a wonder, just modeling part time while doing school or something.
I know. Just thought her case was the weirdest: 1 moment got a double page in Vogue Paris by Sims, worked with Bruce, Vogue Italia, walked Burberry. I remember she was really on the cusp of a moment, and then poof, nothing. But you're right.

May Bell (Ruth Bell twin sister - Martha Grace of Dior favourite model) considered a one-hit wonder, no?

I suppose Kirsi Pyrhönen is one, getting her career kickstarted by a VI cover. She did some of major editorials for VI and Vogue US, campaigns for Balenciaga and Celine.. and then she went studying and to pursue for a real job. She's had a little resurgence lately with a Vogue Portugal cover, let's hope she'll have a full blown comeback.

Ashley Good stepped away from modeling when she got pregnant. She was one of the top models at the time and would've remained so for a while, otherwise. Anna J had a relatively long stint as a very successful model, so I wouldn't say she's a one-hit wonder. She's just one of those girls who got tossed aside as she got older, you know like older than 25. Julia Saner left the business voluntarily b/c she found it destructive to her health. Tindi Mar was the flavor of the month for like one season. I thought she would hit it big but that never materialized. Heidi Mount hit it big because of the pull that IMG had but in the end the market just moved on from her after like 2 years. Same for Charlee Fraser who I would say was a one-hit wonder.

Ashleigh good
Heidi Mount
Iris Strubegger
Maartje Verhoef
Tindi Mar
Faretta
Frederikke Sofie
Anna Jagodzinska
Ruth Bell
Molly Bair
Julia Saner
Frida Gustavsson (sad)
Kris Grikaite
Meghan Roche
Zuzanna Bijoch
Heather Marks
Lisa Cant
A few of these girls had MULTIPLE good seasons. lol.

Starting with Heidi. How can you be a one-hit-wonder when you were the Chanel girl for multiple seasons?

Anyway, for me, Alison Nix. Remember her?

A few of these girls had MULTIPLE good seasons. lol.

Starting with Heidi. How can you be a one-hit-wonder when you were the Chanel girl for multiple seasons?

Exactly... Ruth later became MGC's muse at Dior and Iris had a decent career

Laiqah Omar walked for Prada and Chloe one season and then she disappeared.

I wouldn't call her a one hit wonder, but Justine Asset doesn't book top shows anymore.

Loved Alison!!

I don’t think Iris Strubegger would be considered a one-hit wonder. She had many good seasons.

I think a lot of Paul Rowlands girls from the mid-aughts are one-hit wonders- Ursula Konina, Rachel Alexander, Cecilia Mendez, Sheila Marquez (as much as I hate to admit that one), Andressa Fontana, etc.

Also, Ally Ertel, Maria Loks, Laura Kampman, Drake Burnette, Alix Angeli, Melissa Stasiuk, Myf Shepard.

In 10 years we're going to look back at the current crop of models and see a lot of one-hit wonders. The business is cycling through new faces so quickly. One season a girl lands a Vogue cover and a Dior campaign then the next season, the market has dropped the same girl and moved onto another new face. If you're not one of the nepo girls, it's almost impossible to last in this industry, which makes the careers of Anok, Vittoria, Mona, and Lulu all the more impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paintnitelife
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->