Most influential style blogs

Discussion in 'Personal Style' started by BerlinRocks, Aug 27, 2009.

View Users: View Users
  1. BerlinRocks

BerlinRocks New Member

I don't know where to post this ....
    :ermm:

99 MOST INFLUENTIAL STYLE BLOGS

How did we arrive at the 99 blogs listed? We started with hundreds from around the world - some from first hand knowledge, others discovered from countless hours of following blogrolls, network publisher listings and links from comments. After eliminating the ones that were abandoned or hadn't been updated in a while, we took a few statistics, did a little math and gave them a score representative of general content quality, popularity and buzz. The 99 most influential blogs span multiple categories: from the street and personal style of the trendsetters around the world, to behind the curtain looks at the people who create and shape the fashion industry - and of course the bloggers who stay on top of who's wearing what, and where to buy it.

http://www.signature9.com/style-99/

sorry for the bad copy/paste !!!!

#1 BerlinRocks, Aug 27, 2009
    Last edited by moderator Socrates: Aug 27, 2009
  2. Thefrenchy

Thefrenchy Active Member

Are you kidding me? :rolleyes:

3. luckynines

luckynines New Member

Whoa whoa whoa JAK & JIL 33!?! :angry:

4. luluposh

luluposh New Member

Style Bubble only 9th :blink: should be top 5 compared to their pickings!
    There are a number of questionable entries and one or two missing. These lists are always odd :unsure:

5. ChloeFrancoise

ChloeFrancoise New Member

I'm not familiar with some of these blogs, but the one I find beyond questionable is The Cobrasnake and also how high it is on the list. I'm not that fond of Go Fug Yourself either.

6. haksare

haksare New Member

Omg, Bryan Boy is on the list? :rofl:-_-

I love The Cut, J&J and The Sartorialist, but that's all I know when it comes to these blogs.

#6 haksare, Aug 27, 2009
    Last edited by moderator jasmenm: Aug 27, 2009
  7. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

for one,why is it all jumbled up as one? some of those aren't exactly mere style blogs. some of them are reportage/information blogs from professionals. such as...a shaded view,hintmag,ponystep,and jc report :rolleyes:

secondly,style bubble...susie's blog has become as popular if not more than those in the top 3. it should have been second.

a bit weird they would compile a ranking list as such...i didn't realise blogging was so competitive?? silly.

#7 Scott, Aug 27, 2009
    Last edited by moderator cin: Aug 27, 2009
  8. fashionista-ta

fashionista-ta Well-Known Member

^ Everything must be ranked ... of course :p Is it bad of me to say I would like to see the #1 spot overtaken by another blog? :innocent:

9. ElleLesley

ElleLesley New Member

I'd rather see these sort of style blogs separated in categories than compile them all in one large list, it's difficult to compare say, Garance Dore towards Style Bubble, both offer different insights in style and fashion but I pretty much love reading and viewing them equally as to one each other.

Plus, kill me but Garance seems to have more influential and overall better photography than I dare say, The Sartorialist :ninja: In which whom I love no less, don't get me wrong, just I'd like to see the #1 spot taken by a lesser predicable, already well-known street style blog.

10. papa_levante

papa_levante oh! darling

Yup, almost cliché to make him top spot again and again and again...

11. josephineceedee

josephineceedee New Member

how about instead of having blogs who already are famous/known/etc, why not have the top 100 blogs that SHOULD be famous, but aren't?
    that way new inspiration can come, and TFS could have some new names and faces,
    and that would give the "unknown" blogs a boost?

i think it's worth a try :)

12. Ghostboy

Ghostboy New Member

GFY is very funny and well-written, but they sometimes misjudge completely.
    I think making such a list is a bit pointless, sure The Sartorialist and Garance et al are fabulous, but you can draw inspiration from anything, it could be the smallest blog, but if they have one post that you really love and get inspired by than that's all you need. So no need for competitiveness, and let's just celebrate the richness of the amount of style blogs instead of all comparing them.

13. fashionista-ta

fashionista-ta Well-Known Member

And as we all know, cliches are not stylish ;)

14. agee

agee Active Member

15. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

clichés are the death of anything. and they are not interesting. the only time i've ever visited sartorialist was when he posted an image of an vandevorst in a cocoon cape during paris p-a-p and had no idea who she was!

16. lottie342

lottie342 New Member

my thoughts exactly:rolleyes:

17. Couture_Tribe

Couture_Tribe New Member

:lol: none of the canadian blogs is even on the list

18. bafchloe

bafchloe New Member

I think The Sartorialist is a pretty good blog, but we all know that it is very influential and it has been that way for a while so I don't think it should be number one. I would really like to know which new fashion blog is consider right now the most influential. Plus, some of the blogs mentioned there are really boring actually!

19. rebavanity

rebavanity New Member

I think Garance Dore should be higher on the list. I mean The Sartorialist, again!? I hardly visit his blog due to everyone he photographs just being a repeat of a certain style. Garance Dore just pops!

20. Signature9

Signature9 New Member

This is our first post so before our response, I'd just like to say a quick hello to everyone.

I've quoted ChloeFrancoise, but the general response is for many who feel your favorites should have been higher in the rankings. If we had to make an editorial list of the best style blogs, the list would look completely different. But best is a subjective thing - which is why we decided to publish rankings on influence instead.

There are quite a few blogs that didn't make the top 99 that are personal favorites. Blogs that we check on every day with informative, very original or visually beautiful content. Examples would be the Business of Fashion, Luxirare and Jazzi McG among many others. That these blogs weren't in the top of the rankings doesn't mean they're not as good as - and in some cases better than the blogs at the top. When we launch there will be a post going more in depth on the difference between best and influential, but to be brief best is personal, influence is measurable.

On a personal best list, Stylelist (from AOL) wouldn't be found. However even if a significant part of the success is due to AOL's promotional strength it does reach a large number of people. I should note that part of the process included measuring in a way to reduce the "network effect" from blogs like those on the New York Times, NY magazine, Sugar, etc. to get a more accurate picture of how the blogs performed as individual entities.