Most Overpriced Designer? #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Ford is the most ridiculous.. offensive really

this is a sweatshirt, and a ugly one aswell. it's not a luxurious material, it's viscose. it has an ugly cheap-looking print on. It might be givenchy but it looks like something you could find at walmart.

it's € 1019.00.

luisaviaroma

The top designers seem to be gambling with these ridiculously priced novelty items lately, what with Tisci and his panthers and Miucca and her stoles.
Tisci and Miucca are offering items that are fun and humorous but are strictly seasonal and would appear incredibly passé if you were to wear it next season. Lagerfeld has done it so much that novelties have become a Chanel trademark. His appear to be more practically-based, like ankle purses and locket rings, and though they are also seasonal, there'd be less of an uproar if you wore them again next year.
The designers are saying 'Buy this now before everyone else has it!' and of course you have to buy it.
A thousand fashionistas across the world will be snapping these instantly-recognizeable pieces up and rushing out of the house wearing them, thinking that they'll sashay onto Madison and people will admire their discreetly extremely-Givenchy top, with the thought that only the House owns another.
Do they realise that, to people in-the-know, they may as well be wearing a jumper speckled with the recurring pattern of 'LV' logos? That is the enormity of the statement being made by these novelty pieces for the House.

balenciaga dress, $12,650.

00200m.jpg

style.com

^ Another

Coat- $5,150
Dress- $5,150
Pants- $3,150
Shoes- $2,095

00340m.jpg

Total= $15,545

Dress- $12,650
Vest- $5,150
Pants- $3,150
Shoes- 1,665

00210m.jpg

Total- $22,615

style.com

Last edited by a moderator:
The highest priced Prada Pailette Dress is $13,010. I would much rather pay that kind of money for something truly special looking that doesn't look cheap like the Balenciaga net dresses.

$12,050

00200m.jpg

VS.

$13,010

00360m.jpg

style.com

^ At least the Prada is interesting and has some sort of appeal to it compared to a dress made of whale net tights.

i've tried the balenciaga net dress on the other day. i just wanted to see how bad it'd look (it was in hot pink nonetheless). the most unreasonable thing is that the materials don't really seem that 'precious', at all.

As much as I love Saint Laurent and as much as I love this coat, the price seems sort of excessive seeing as the only other coats on matches.com that are around this price are full-on fur.
I know vents are expensive to make, and it has four (two in back, two in front) but..?
Maybe it's because it's the opening runway piece?

76% wool, 14% nylon, 10% silk.
Prince of Wales tweed riding coat

£3,220.00

spacer.gif

00010m.jpg
ysl-b-279544-ypa09_bck_1.jpg

style.com
matches.com

I know everything seems ridiculously expensive,but you have to understand.The price is around 3 times more than the wholesales price. The materials are getting expensive nowadays. Plus the people behind the company, the time for the collection ...That's why they always need interns ( low pay employees ) hahaha. And also the production price are really high, since all the runway piece or labels won't have a big quantity. The factory and the suppliers charge them high. Sometimes they have to produce the clothes in house. I think it's insane, I can't afford it. But once you work behind the glamour, you will understand why.

Rodarte.

How the girls make any money is beyond me. €2125 for a printed skirt is ridiculous. They have no reason to be marking their prices so high, considering how young their label is.

Rodarte.

How the girls make any money is beyond me. €2125 for a printed skirt is ridiculous. They have no reason to be marking their prices so high, considering how young their label is.

While I agree with on the Rodarte prices I do not agree with your reasoning. If you consider that this is a young label their prices have to be even higher than those of more established labels because production costs more per piece when less garments are commission to a factory. Also their garments involve loads of handworking, really good fabrics and are very exclusive. But 2000€ for a wool cardigan doesn't seem to be reasonable, although it might be handknit and handdyed.

Givenchy SS 2012 cotton t-shirt - $785 :ninja:

AdaBNwOCMAA7Jlw.jpg:large

twitter/izandrews

THE ROW Alligator backpack - €27,550

172495_fr_l.jpg
172495_ou_l.jpg

net-a-porter.com

NARCISO RODRIGUEZ Silk-mousseline dress - €4,212.76

169095_in_l.jpg
169095_fr_l.jpg

net-a-porter.com

that is ridiculous for that givenchy t-shirt even by givenchy standards! the dog t-shirts were a reasonable $300 lol and didn't that "the row" bag SELL OUT at that price point? if so that just makes it "expensive" and not "overpriced" :smile:

as for the prada vs the balenciaga. the balenciaga dress -- bless ghesquiere's heart -- is not an iconic piece. that prada dress will look just as "prada" five years from now. in one year, most people won't even recognize that balenciaga dress.

well since they fired Christophe will Balmain drop some of their price points? I know they wanted to make a cheaper line but Christophe refused, so maybe we'll see a change in the future H&M x Balmain :lol::rofl: never

:lol: :lol: :lol: I hope this will NEVER happen. But I am not so sure anymore when Christophe is out of the game.

^they're creating a bridge line ("pierre balmain") that's cheaper, but balmain remains balmain-priced.

I am fine with Pierre Balmain line but H&M x Balmain would be so funny :lol: :lol: :lol:
Maybe somebody could post how the prices are now when it comes to Pierre Balmain collection and when it comes to regular Balmain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jessy1982
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->