Most Overpriced Designer? #3

^He must be dreaming if he thinks anyone would pay that much for his designs.

Wow!
It’s so badly executed!
I would rather spend that amount of money on Thom Browne or Chanel Metiers d’Arts.
Insane!

Is that dress Virgil's way of saying he's pissing all over the competition?

How, oh, how, did we ever make it this far without him? Fashion genius!

BALMAIN SS19 - From www.modaoperandi.com

White Dress - £40,800
large_balmain-white-asymmetric-pleated-train-silk-dress.jpg

White Minidress - £70,901
large_balmain-white-asymmetric-pleated-silk-dress.jpg

Pastel Dress - £56,901
large_balmain-multi-asymmetric-pleated-silk-bustier-dress.jpg

Pleated Monochrome dress - £49,300
large_balmain-black-white-contrast-pleated-silk-dress.jpg

joke's on whoever's gonna spend £56,901 on that hideous excuse of a dress

It's really a shame they ruined what could have been a great dress. I really like the puzzle embellishment, it looks like it took a lot of work. They just had to add all that hideous fabric on top. The technique and fabric they used on the skirt looks like the beginning of a cheap weeding dress. Balmain has so many resources that are not being fully utilized. It's like they say, money can't buy taste. :wink:

Gianni was the king in this kind of Chaotic plissés. Obviously, Olivier is not!

Olivier doesn't really have a refined touch in the way he makes his clothes.

Louis Vuitton Menswear S/S 19'

Utilitarian Vest €5,900

Red Jacket €4,900

Poppy Bomber Jacket €30,000

Voguerunway.com

I hope that beading on the Poppy bomber is done by Lesage because there is no design that went into the making of that.

I know beauty is subjective but I'm having a hard time imagining who would even covet that piece. It's not hype worthy, it's not particularly a standout piece from the collection. I don't get it

I want to say, even if I love him, that Jacquemus right now is kinda overpriced. I think that the quality and the execution is his last collection is not that great. I get that it’s contemporary but compared for example to Lutz for example...I’m not impressed.
All the experimentations on the tailoring can looks a bit silly when for example, you have a shoulder that doesn’t sit properly or things like that.

Moving from his geometric shapes is a challenge when it comes to construction.

Yes, it’s not Chanel or Tom Ford but with those prices, he could have been at least close to Sandro or Maje.

Saint Laurent - Satin voile shirt with kaleidoscope embroidery $ 16,000

ysl

Oh I like that! The entire shirt is beaded. It's expensive, but the price seems right for that kind of work.

Oh I like that! The entire shirt is beaded. It's expensive, but the price seems right for that kind of work.

I always wonder, does employing some workers in India, give them adequate training, paying them a fair wage, helps reduce the price? I have seen some rather exquisite beading done for Indian traditional clothings before.
or Italians or French does it better necessarily?

I think there could be a thread for designer itens that really worth it. Sometimes i wish i could have opinions from experienced people for clothes I'm planning to buy :rofl:

Shirt $650,000.

Kim Jones tapped into Dior's storied history of whipping up otherworldly women's creations and applied it to the humble men's dress shirt. It took 15 people at Lemarié (Paris's last couture feather house) 900 hours to handcraft the pièce de résistance of his first collection: this impossibly lightweight button-up—hand-embroidered with 2,000 individual feathers. - GQ, April 2019

voguerunway

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->