Most Overpriced Designer? #3

I really do think it is a trick to generate buzz, like those distressed sneakers a couple of months ago and those bedazzled "technoclogs", they know they won't sell a lot. The rest of the catalog is not as expensive, compared to other brands: their newest bags are in the 1,200 to 2,500€, and I saw some dresses under 2,000€

Margielas price going up makes sense because John is a Couturier. He's prob getting paid a minimum of 10 million a year. That's going to come from somewhere. But you're also getting couture engineering. IMO Margiela is a value except it's become more polarizing so it's harder to work than OG MMM.

John is the greatest living couturier still working. Being able to even SEE his clothes is a privilege, let alone being able to purchase it in RTW form.

Margielas price going up makes sense because John is a Couturier. He's prob getting paid a minimum of 10 million a year. That's going to come from somewhere. But you're also getting couture engineering. IMO Margiela is a value except it's become more polarizing so it's harder to work than OG MMM.

John is the greatest living couturier still working. Being able to even SEE his clothes is a privilege, let alone being able to purchase it in RTW form.
10M a year at Margiela? This ain’t Chanel or Vuitton my dear…

‘He is at best getting between 3,5 to 5 M a year.

Margiela’s prices have more to do with Renzo Rosso trying to position the brands of his group as luxury than to the abilities of John. But it’s ridiculous because Margiela was never meant to be a luxury house…

Thank god they have nothing to be ashamed of in terms of products offering.

This is one of the issues I have with Margiela and Galliano. Margiela was the celebration of the banal and everyday. This was reflected in his branding, the casting, the locations used, his obsession with the colour beige. Galliano is the polar opposite of that. He is preciousness, rarity and celebration.

Margiela’s prices have more to do with Renzo Rosso trying to position the brands of his group as luxury than to the abilities of John. But it’s ridiculous because Margiela was never meant to be a luxury house…

I have a feeling that Galliano's appointment was part of that "luxury repositioning". Who better to lead an avant-garde luxury house than the most iconic couturier of the 21st century.

i dunno how much they make and guessed.

I like Renzo Rosso because the brands ive shopped (dsquared amiri diesel mm) have fantastic quality. Dsquared and Amiri in particular are unneccessarily well made and justifies the cost. No other brands do denim like they do. Dolce jeans are basic Luxury Levis in comparison - and I luv Dolce.

Johns hiring ensured MMM stayed a fashion darling thst is highly influential. John came out with that seat cushion bag now everyone is doing puffy bags. You cannot pay enough for that kind of influence.

Last edited:
€800 ($1'045) leather panties from Bally:
BALLY_WLE01L_NA052_U152_01.jpg

This very popular (somewhat controversial) Instagram brand called Mirror Palais is selling this whole lingerie combination for $1'330! Like how?
BridalEcom0015_640x960.jpg
Source: Mirror Palais
The Bra and Panties: $495
The Garter: $140
The Veil: $695

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back