Oscars 2010

The biggest crime's not giving Abbie Cornish a nod for Bright Star.

Has anyone seen ''A prophet''? It is a french film, and I swear it is one of the best films I have ever seen. Fingers crossed it wins best Foreign language film. But I think Tahar Rahim (lead in the film) was completely and utterly robbed of a nomination for best actor. Get rid of Morgan Freeman and replace him with Tahar!

Has anyone seen ''A prophet''? It is a french film, and I swear it is one of the best films I have ever seen. Fingers crossed it wins best Foreign language film. But I think Tahar Rahim (lead in the film) was completely and utterly robbed of a nomination for best actor. Get rid of Morgan Freeman and replace him with Tahar!
my next one on the list "must see". :blush:it's that good, huh?

I still hoping that these two upsets happen -

First Carey or Gabourey steal Best Actress from either Sandra or Meryl.
Second Inglorious Basterds wins Best Picture over Avatar or Hurt Locker.

Yay Cameron is presenting.

i have a hunch we'll be surprised tomorrow with the winners, like very surprised. :innocent:

hurt locker might get a shorter end with this "pressure scandal". :wink:

I want to be surprised considering I don't think Jeff Bridges (as much as I love The Dude, he should NOT win for this performance) and Sandra Bullock (again, I love her, but I just couldn't take this film seriously...I loved her in Infamous, a much better dramatic performance from her. Give it to Colin and Carey/Gabourey/Helen instead.

Was "A Prophet" ever released in the US before the Oscar deadline? If not that may explain why the lead wasn't nominated.

Since this is indeed a fashion forum, do we have any fashion predictions for the night? My guesses:

- Carey Mulligan will wear something by a French designer. Even though she's been wearing designers that are a bit less common on the red carpet than the powerhouses (Bottega Veneta, Vionett), I'm predicting Chanel or Dior.

- Someone(s?) will wear McQueen in tribute; perhaps Cameron Diaz or Sandra Bullock?

- Mo'nique and Gabourey Sidibe will NOT wear someone name; if she attends, however, Paula Patton will

- Very few American designers; if there are American designers present, it'll be Oscar de la Renta, Carolina Herrera (is Renee going to be in attendance?), and/or Donna Karan.

- My prediction for dominant color is white; dominant silhouette will NOT be asymmetrical

- Given the past few fashion seasons (both RTW and couture), I'm predicting more custom made gowns than straight off the runway looks

- Lastly, if anyone wears something statement making, my guess would be Penelope Cruz, Charlize Theron, or Zoe Saldana

A Prophet wasn't eligible for any other categories (aside form Foreign) because it didn't get a release last year. It's getting a release this year though so maybe you'll get your wish and the film will get more nominations at the next awards.

That list of presenters doesn't really excite me that much, though to be honest I couldn't really tell you whom I would add to it, so I'll probably think different about it tomorrow. I just we don't get another one of those "they're not allowed to walk red carpet" thing they did last year.

First Carey or Gabourey steal Best Actress from either Sandra or Meryl.
Second Inglorious Basterds wins Best Picture over Avatar or Hurt Locker.

I'm hoping this happens so much!
I just can't get over Sandra's nom+win (cause we know she has it in the bag).

I just looked an article and it says how Best Picture is chosen is different now. Instead of people voting for the best movie, they rank the movies from 1-10.

I wonder if they'll do this with the other categories.

I'm still expecting Sandra to win Best Actress, and if she does The Oscars will definitely lose its already decreasing credibility. Carey or Meryl is more deserving than her. Sandra for the first time chose a serious dramatic role, BIG DEAL! Not like it can par with the other performances. Helen Mirren's performance is kinda underrated in my opinion. Her and Meryl can do no wrong in my book.

Mo'nique will most likely win best supporting actress; the competition isn't really tight to begin with. And her little monologue in the end of the movie was breath taking.

Jeff Bridges and Christoph Waltz will most likely walk away with the actor categories.

----

On a side note; Nine had the potential to be one of the greatest musicals every made. But the final product was disappointing. Just proves the point a star studded cast doesn't always equal big success. The best part of the movie was Marion and Fergie, both of them overlooked by the media; everyone went straight to Penelope.

^The rest of the categories are decided the same they always have been - people just vote for one nominee. Only the Picture category process is different.

On a side note; Nine had the potential to be one of the greatest musicals every made. But the final product was disappointing. Just proves the point a star studded cast doesn't always equal big success. The best part of the movie was Marion and Fergie, both of them overlooked by the media; everyone went straight to Penelope.

I think that's really funny. Like before it was distributed widely it was getting so many nominations, especially for acting, then only Penelope got an Oscar nom. Marion did better than Penelope but the only person Marion could have edged out was Sandra Bullock and well it's time for her pity Oscar.

I just watched Bright Star and Abbie really did do an amazing job, so did Ben Whishaw as John Keats. I think it got snubbed for Best Art Direction as well because it is a beautiful movie.

i think sandra might lose tonight, after all the hyping...(it's a recycled erin b. role, it's already been awarded)
i expect precious or IB getting the best picture ....
i don't doubt jeff bridges will win...
maggie g. might step in on mo'nique...
chris w. will win too...

....anyway, i'm thinking HL hes really screwed it's chances for winning...

I just really hope Jeff Bridges and Christoph Waltz will win, then I'm happy and don't care for the rest :D

i think sandra might lose tonight, after all the hyping...(it's a recycled erin b. role, it's already been awarded)
i expect precious or IB getting the best picture ....
i don't doubt jeff bridges will win...
maggie g. might step in on mo'nique...
chris w. will win too...

....anyway, i'm thinking HL hes really screwed it's chances for winning...

I agree. In fact, I went into watching the Blind Side without knowing the intensity of the hype she got for her role. And the result? I don't think she did anything close to a poor job, per se, but there just wasn't much inside the rosy family film to allude to a win.

And I certainly hope that those deserving will win! (Or, in other words, THAT'S A BINGO! :P)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nise
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->