Patrick Robinson for Target

My only concern...

Does anyone outside the fashion industry know who he is? I had to think for a second. I hope this doesnt flop.

BTW, I think he was all right and all wrong for Rabanne

That's a good summer collection. Laid-back, but I'm impressed with the level of refinement. Look 12 is the only one I'd consider an outright disaster.

However I don't know if there's really anything special about it, save for his use of print. I can't pinpoint what's going to become the signature or standout piece, whereas for Luella and Proenza (and to some extent Paul & Joe, though not so much with Behnaz, in my opinion), that was easy to do.

Then again, giving my reservations about purchasing/wearing a signature piece (which I voiced in the Proenza for Target thread), that might not be such a bad thing.

Nice work spotting that, Novella.

Last edited by a moderator:
Diorling said:
My only concern...

Does anyone outside the fashion industry know who he is? I had to think for a second. I hope this doesnt flop.

Does anyone outside the industry know who Proenza Schouler and Behnaz Sarafpour are?

I had never heard of Tara Jarmon, but when I saw the thread title I knew immediately who Patrick Robinson was.

FOr those of you who are already down grading the line already...Please give him the chance to show case his talents...

IMO..I'm sure its going to be a far cry from Paco and Perry Ellis.
I think its really great that these high end designers are producing for the masses, my hats off to them!

I loved them all Really can't wait to see..Anyone know exact dates of release?

I only bought a few peices from the Proenza S collection, most items were sold out Def. don't want to miss this one..Way to go Target!!!!

good lord...:shock:
the pictures look amazing and the pieces look outstanding...
:woot:
it will probably still be a couple of months before they go on sale...
which is too bad....
this stuff would be great for a mid winter trip to the islands!...

i really like these and can't wait to see the larger images! some of those dresses and camis look super-cute, and after the brightness of the palette that proenza schouler did for target, i like the neutrals. perfect island resort collection!

novella said:
I was looking at the Proenza Schouler tidbits at Target's Pressroom and I saw that they just released the small, official press pictures for Patrick Robinson's upcoming collection!!

http://pressroom.target.com/pr/news/fashion/go-international/album.aspx?id=4504

How exciting!!!! Looking forward to seeing more pictures & seeing them in person.

I really like looks 10 and 18! I am not that familiar with the designer, but the collection looks interesting and fun.

Soft grey..loved your last post ..too funny:D
I feel the same way...
The collections seem so much fun..We just need a fashion insider to please get us the debut date at Target.. I can't miss this line, got to have it..
so anyone out there share the date with you fellow members:wink:

patrick is a great designer. he was at perry ellis and then moved to paco rabanne. he's married to vogue's fashion market director, virginia smith.

I think it might be 1 May...I know Proenza is Feb-April.

i think proenza schouler is supposed to end may 5. patrick robinsons collection should come out right after that...

i did not know who he was when i initially read the target announcement. but he is a young attractive guy and i think that will certainly help him sell the clothes at target.

i like a lot of the print items that i saw in the target pressroom! better than expected!

and i love the models they used in the pressroom as well.

Ooh, I really like it!

Especially that black dress. Look number 10. Very pretty!

peacelover142002 said:
Does anyone outside the industry know who Proenza Schouler and Behnaz Sarafpour are?

I had never heard of Tara Jarmon, but when I saw the thread title I knew immediately who Patrick Robinson was.
exactly my thought. i did not know who tara jarmon was at all (to be honest, i forgot about her collection).

i think the only problem with robinson is that he has put out good collections at a bunch of places, but he has not developed at any of those places cuz they kept getting shut down :doh:

i like look 10 and maybe 12, the pants in 3, look 19, and look 17

im afraid the black and white print will look bad in person though

I totally forgot about Tara Jarmon (btw what has she done besides target?). Target is really hitting us w/ the insider-only designers...Holy crap. Heatherette might be soon...Trauma at 15 year-olds in Tennesee wearing Statue of Liberty print shredded cocktail dresses w/ a striped visor and hot pink leggings...Oh no.

^
thank you all for the info..it makes sense that Patrick's Collection come right after Proenza S.

One at a time right?
I'm thinking so..

Diorling your post was so funny..Yes.. 15 years olds and the designer mayhem..:D

lucy92 said:
does he have any signature pieces?

when i think of paca rabanne i think low-slung baggy jeans and a smelly cheap cologne...

good news that he worked at perry ellis also.

when i think of paco rabbane I think of 60's cool mod and chainmail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marinamelolp
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->