00890h-200903012320097404_base.jpg
00370h-200903012311124_base.jpg
00680h-20090301232242427584_base.jpg
00060h-2009030123150132140_base.jpg
00470h-200903012309482332970_base.jpg
00810h-20090301232108215332_base.jpg

detail - style.it

Last edited by a moderator:
OMFG, finally, it's here! one of the most anticipated shows has finally showed its collection. :smile:

judging from what i've seen, i think this collection is just average (for me). it's not that really great nor not that really, really bad. though i LOVE those coats!!! so winter! what just irritates me are those fisherman inspired boots!!! i don't like it. i hate it. i like the studded shoes instead. and i agree with some of here, i also love the color palette. nice selection of colors. and the finale, wow.

again, an average collection of prada this fall. though i'm excited and curious on who's gonna front their fall campaign that will gonna wear those fisherman boots. :lol:

Its a hit and miss collection overall
I like some of the dresses and some of the coats
but its not my favorite collection
and im srry but prada continues to make some
of the ugliest shoes ive ever seen

i love the wool pieces like the suits and the dresses. not a big fan of the boots...i'll be interested to see the editorials with those in the fall! i also love the color palette, but do NOT like the fur pieces!!

This is a hit and miss but I want it. I want it so bad.

I want the brown flapper dress.
I want the red v-neck dress.
I want the grey with details coat.
I want the pink platforms.
I want the pinkish flapper skirt.
I want the red-ish/berg wallpaper looking coat.

Trip to Paris or this collections. It's going to be a hard choice come August.

and PS didn't Miu say she wasn't doing fur anymore. Is she pulling an Armani.

This is a hit and miss but I want it. I want it so bad.

I want the brown flapper dress.
I want the red v-neck dress.
I want the grey with details coat.
I want the pink platforms.
I want the pinkish flapper skirt.
I want the red-ish/berg wallpaper looking coat.

Trip to Paris or this collections. It's going to be a hard choice come August.

and PS didn't Miu say she wasn't doing fur anymore. Is she pulling an Armani.

that is a tough choice! are the looks out by then in paris cos you could do both :P it's probably less expensive there...perhaps!

I LOVE the clothes, but the shoes (OMG CHUNKY HEELS DNW) are a NIGHTMARE

I like the gladiators shoes, its huum cool.

what a weird collection :ninja:

but for some reasons I like it.. :ninja: :ninja:

Not my cup of recession-coffee. I like some of the waaay out there shoes, but overall nah. Stick to the gladiator sandals, please!

This collection is just so wrong:ninja: Once again, because its Prada it will get attention and praise. God, I can already see zara and forever 21 doing knockoffs of these and these disgusting boots becoming a trend:yuk:. Prada is really going down hill. I didn't think it could get any worst then last seasons collections. A few of these looks are ok but the rest is just tacky.

it's the great depression working class women vibe.
OMG,it's fantastic.
after Marc Jacobs, Prada began to study wearing from working class women,too.
How ironic.

Prada – The New Country Living

Godfrey Deeny
March 01st, 2009 @ 6:17 PM - Milan
If there was one message that’s emerged this weekend at the Milan women’s ready-to-wear season for fall 2009 it is that the era of permanent partying is over, and nowhere was that tidal change better expressed than at Prada this Sunday evening.

Italy’s most influential designer Miuccia Prada made the point clear in the opening looks, a series of rugged wool coats and suits in colors like russet, oak and mustard. And if you still did not get it, she made her casting wear rubber waders, albeit with stacked platform designs. None of the models carried fishing rods, but they did don thick rural socks, their hair wind blown from a riverside stroll.

Miuccia also studiously avoided the whole Eighties revival. While half the shows in Milan featured power shoulders, she kept her silhouette leaner, and most of her dresses were sleeveless. And rarely have we seen so much fur in Milan, and also in Prada, as designers look to renewable materials in an era that demands protection.

No Prada collection is complete without a touch of the baroque, this time present in some stacked court shoes with studded back fans, but above all in jade crystal flowers scattered across mink shift dresses and leather sheaths.

“It’s all about the death of the nightclub,” Miuccia told FWD backstage. “And about a new desire for a rural retreat, where clothes are strong and sturdy.”

But if the Prada woman for fall is anything she is heroic, best exemplified by the brilliant finale where a casting of a new generation of models marched out in dresses of tough leather vertical strips and posed like a determined style regiment amidst the black scaffolding and wood mini mountain bleachers stage set that is the current Prada show set. Call it Joan of Arc meets Gladiator.

Fashion Wire daily

Miuccia also studiously avoided the whole Eighties revival.
Thank GOD.
“It’s all about the death of the nightclub,” Miuccia told FWD backstage. “And about a new desire for a rural retreat, where clothes are strong and sturdy.”
I just died.:heart:

I like it and not because it's Prada, but it seems to be something different from most of the other collections and it works. the shoes are gorgeous

A hit and miss collection for me :unsure:
There are some nice coats and I like the flapper skirts.
But the shoes and fur are horrible :yuk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->