Prada F/W 10.11 Milan

Oh thank you thank you thank you!! I love this!!!!!!!

God I havent loved Prada this much in YEAAAARS!

4kyxky.jpg
w212r5.jpg
10db3er.jpg
10nfjwy.jpg
15i6f69.jpg
novpyv.jpg
64l3ir.jpg
k4ch77.jpg
sq1d6x.jpg
fx9liu.jpg
bi3vyc.jpg
2uqkq52.jpg
25q6ws1.jpg
xqgitw.jpg
2qd7mgh.jpg

catwalking

I quite like a lot of it. Those glasses are awesome! I need a pair too, although I'm sure they will look ridiculous in anything but the runway. I love the hitchcock look aswell. And I love the patterns and colors.

But some parts were so boring and crossed from 50's chic to granny. It the models look granny can you imagine it on a 5'3 person? But I do admit a lot of it is more wearable than in the past....

:buzz: :wub: :crush: It's such a quirky and strange collection, and it's practically on the verge of ugliness in some pieces, but it's so deliciously odd!

Grandmother fashion gone right and wrong all in one collection.

You know, I think we're all kind of missing the real point of this collection. It's not about getting that secretary look or the 60's line...the real thing that's going on here is this seismic shift to the chest area as the focal point of clothing. For seasons now it's been the shoulder, before that (and now still) the waist and now for the first time in quite a while, there is construction going on in a lot of these pieces making the boobs the new area of the body to look at. It's in those layered ruffles or lace or whatever it is....seamlines are exaggerated around the breasts etc etc. All the more reason to fly in all those commercial girls and give the dress with the perkiest area to Lara. Afther New York I thought we were gonna move up to the neck and collarbone area, but Miuccia probably didn't feel like taking a detour and went directly for the chest.

eh not digging this. doesnt seem modern enough for me sadly.. i guess its just not my taste.

:buzz: :wub: :crush: It's such a quirky and strange collection, and it's practically on the verge of ugliness in some pieces, but it's so deliciously odd!
My sentiments exactly! I'm very satisfied with this collection. Well done Miuccia, another stunner. And the soundtrack is incredible (as always, of course)!

I'm actually kind of liking it. The coats, sweaters, and shoes :crush: But it is kind of boring, for Prada, I mean. The sweaters look ordinary. Meh.

not a fan of those shiny plastic looking coats. it almost looks too industrial/laboratory

It's in those layered ruffles or lace or whatever it is....seamlines are exaggerated around the breasts
that's one of the first things that caught my attention as well.
i love this collection. the clothes, the colours, the hair and makeup, the socks, the shoes (i need some sandals like these), the belts (!!), the soundtrack, and even the crazy secretary glasses... some looks are just too lovely for words.

Very, very Prada...simple as that. On the one hand I get the appeal. Just like with Marc Jacobs in NY Prada sent out a reworking of her own past, and that's comforting to people because it's familiar.

But for me that's also it's one major flaw. I count on Miuccia more than any other designer to show me things that are subverted and twisted enough that they're unfamiliar and kind of strange. Except maybe for the ruffled busts on some of the looks none of this is uncharted territory for Prada. It's rearranged slightly, but the elements are all things that she's shown me before. So I'm kind of let down by that. On a purely aesthetic level her mid-90s tacky retro phase just wasn't my favorite, so I'm not thrilled at seeing it revisited.

I will give her this though, it's wonderful to see a designer showing us something that is, for the most part, grown up and aimed at women instead of leggy 20-something trend whores.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misslola
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->