Prada Mens F/W 2008.09 Milan

^I think I just like the added volume at the waist/hips. Though unwearable, they're not ugly, and they're something you don't see often in menswear.

Haha I love this.. the tutus are hilarious! I actually burst out laughing when I got to that part. Will any man actually buy it? Will it even be on sale? I doubt it.. but for me that's not important. (probably cos im a girl) And Miuccia probably thought the same. A show piece, something to talk about, to amuse.. not something to sell or please the customers.

I definately like the whole feel of the collections, as i do with most Prada's... but some of the styling is just too feminine. The weird positioning of the fly is just stupid (though I'd like to see how Prada loyals get around this trick!)

Love the colours.. the nude is beautiful under the suit.. or with collar and cuffs. Perhaps it wouldn't look so freaky just on it own, if its against a darker skin tone?

one other thing... the prada man is going to get very cold.. where are all the COATS?!

Should skirts be present in any menswear collection? *worried*

gotta go to bed soon, so don't have much time to write, but i'll just pinpoint important things:

1. miuccia **. i believe she's wearing something from her women's s/s 08 show, only in black
2. nude tones are HOT
3. skirts and bustiers are NOT
4. tromp d'oeil briefs and double collar are HOT
5. lack of coats and hats surprises me. but she always has the sport line.
6. i'm surprised noone mentioned the flipped around shirts wtf! yes i guess this whole skirts talk - i can see how it overshadowed the flipped around, equally ridicuous shirts :smile: Some shirts have interesting patterns.
7. not as good as fw 0708.
8. contrary to popular opinion that her shows grow with time. it's partly true partly not. women's turban-galore ss07 bulls***t never grew on me!!!! ever!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
er,I can't help to say something here.

The ribbed nude color sweaters' cardigan version has appeared in her before collection(04 ss?),only add the cuff details(oh gosh I luv it!:heart:).The accessaries are still so gorgeous and desirable as every collection before(alligator print is damned addicting and breathtaking.:heart:).

Isn't it the Prada Man's image from her first time launched the man's line? Edgy,Melancholy,Pale,Delicate mix a little feminine.(Anyway, maybe this time will be the most outstanding expression for above characters)

The Priest and Male version Lolita's inspiration is absolutely fresh and interesting.

We can still find this brand's classic tailoring, neo-techno fabrics, animal print...all inteseting and many other luxury element in her this collection as before. So can we still get some pieces wearable in our everyday's life.

Though I can't be an absolute Miccia's fan, anyway, I think I can get something to mix and match in the season.:innocent:

She's really the one who gave us some surprises .:flower:

I was so dissappointed with Tim Blanks's review, it just goes to show that critics have a dated archaic view on sexuality and gender and REFERENCES!!!

i definitely thought the tutus were a joke. i guess i was wrong...

and those yellow boots make me think of mortal kombat

i am really intrigued with the low crotched high waisted pants, if there is any reference point behind this collection, i would definetely like to hear about it!!!!!

it looks better on video.

can you preach to the life of the mind, the advantages of 'insanity', the danger and vulgarity of men dipping their toes into something considered feminine ("give not thy strength unto women, nor thy ways to that which destroyeth kings")? if her blueprint is saint laurent, then she highlights how far we still have to go: a woman in trousers was the cat's meow. this boy, this man is a modern day dionysius going through the trials and tribulations of playing as hard as he works, in an age where men's roles are being redefined, redistributed. cut off. an endangered species.

it looks better on video.

can you preach to the life of the mind, the advantages of 'insanity', the danger and vulgarity of men dipping their toes into something considered feminine ("give not thy strength unto women, nor thy ways to that which destroyeth kings")? if her blueprint is saint laurent, then she highlights how far we still have to go: a woman in trousers was the cat's meow. this boy, this man is a modern day dionysius going through the trials and tribulations of playing as hard as he works, in an age where men's roles are being redefined, redistributed. cut off. an endangered species.

Your karma is adorable:woot:

After taking several looks, I kinda warmed up to the tutus. I don't think they're as ridiculous anymore. I still don't get those panties, however.

Source | The New York Times | By Horacio Silva

Miuccia Prada is one complex rubric. While a lot of the designers showing in Milan have played it safe, Prada went for it on Sunday night presenting a recondite collection that had editors doing a lot of head-scratching. Despite the casserole of conceits that Miuccia cooked up, the emphasis here was clearly on frontality with nary a button on shirts or jackets, or on super-flat-front trousers with low-hung crotches (lower even than Burberry last season). Instead, shirts either buttoned up at the back or were fastened with elasticized strips that recalled banker sleeve armbands (and, some would say, Helmut Lang). The designer also subverted elements of formal dressing, including her take on the cummerbund that was cut to resemble a jock strap and tucked inside trousers — a masculine black-tie version of the reverse Lohan, if you will. And in case that was still too safe for aggressively modern lovers of Fashion with a capital “F,” Prada threw in dickeys, detachable shirt collars and cuffs, and ra-ra microskirts worn over trousers for good measure. It’s a complicated way of dressing that is certainly not for everyone — it helps if you have a valet to lend a hand with all the layers — but then again abstruse ideas are rarely aimed at the average Joe.

Huh? Revenge? Ok, so it was mockery after all as I suspected. First of all, Miuccia herself put a lotta crotch-exposing tutus, ankle and wrist cuffs, hindcheeks-baring shorts on women. And while she might have humiliated a bunch of skinny teenage boys (whom she paid handsomely for sure) on the runway, the sort of men she wants to vent her revenge on will not be out there buying her tutus or boykinis, so no, they're not at the receiving end of "revenge". Just to be consistent, if the complaint is about forcing women into excessively femininely sexy stuff, then isn't the flipside to force men into gears of exaggerated masculinity? I mean, she's supposed to be the brainy one...Finally, for the sake of analogy, say, if I have been dumped by a jerk, what kind of revenge is it to go out and seek someone I'm going to be a jerk to and dump? Not to mention today's women wear tutus and corsets of their own free will most of the time. If she wants to make up for past 'injustices", really, the best revenge is to design fantastic clothes for women that they feel dignified in. Jil Sander, AnnD, AFVandervorst, even Marni, they're doing it admirably, as are a host of male designers Chalayan, Elbez, Raf Simons, Chloe, etc. The gushing fashion writers might try the fanciest obtuse "deconstructivist-post-modern" take to excuse this, but it doesn't change the fact that this is the silliest thing I heard from a grown woman.

The boots are amazing!!!!!!~
and it's a really funny collection...
I kinda like it......I really wanna see that mini skirt in real person
It's inspirational.......:flower:

All this chattering about a VERY CLASSIC COLLECTION.
Those cheap little tricks she through in at the end to make things a bit interesting did more to get the collection noticed than all the theatrics of a Galliano, McQueen or Westwood show.

Now THAT IS INTERESTING.

omg; how horrible, those clothes are discusting. i do not like any of them tbh; i prefer last seaons.

i like this. i like it a lot. militarism is good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->