Prada S/S 2014 Milan

Lots of designers have talked about ideas of womanhood by using the breast area. Even Prada did that previously in Fall 2010.11 ( I think), the collection with massive ruffles on the chest.

Amazing. Fantastic Job Muccia.
It´s what Prada is supposed to be- timeless, Quality, Design, Fabric, be before others.

^It's not lazy, that sentence is true. It happens in every creative field. It's unfair, but life in general is unfair and people have to deal with that. Miuccia certainly has managed to create hype around her brand and build a particular world, but that doesn't mean everything she does is great.

The quality of a collection is not something subjective. You can like or not, but that doesn't mean this is good, new, original or whatever, which is not. Sometimes I feel 'attracted' to bad collections, but that doesn't make them good. It's easy to differentiate when something is good, bad, new, demodé, original, lazy or whatever. This is lazy and quite boring in every level, not matter the amount of trinket and colors involved...

The best Lang collection would be considered good if it were done by an unknown designer. If this were done by someone else... no one would care about it.

I agree with all this

Milan, September 20, 2013
By Cathy Horyn

The Prada show was definitely a big spectacle. That’s what editors and buyers have come to expect from Miuccia Prada. I loved her spring men’s show, in June, if only because her creepy paradise theme made me wonder if she was slyly referencing the novels of Michel Houellebecq.

Her woman’s show the other night felt a bit stingy, in spite of the saturated colors and the bobblehead blowups of illustrations on dresses, which mirrored those on the walls of the Prada show space. For the presentation, the company invited four muralists and two illustrators to create work around the themes of femininity, power and multiplicity. According to Prada, the concept originated from an interest in political wall art from Mexico.

In one sense, the exuberant energy of the artwork — it was done with the artists working together in the space — was repeated in the clothes. But in another sense, it felt as if the energy and spirit of feminine power was simply being mimicked in the overloaded designs, with shapes and fabrics from Prada’s archive.

The most compelling designs were sleeveless shifts in viscose knit that evoked athletic wear (the models wore soccer socks with sports sandals). They projected an air of physical strength that most women can relate to. But if Ms. Prada was broadly making a case for feminine power, it was hard to see why she included cheerleader skirts and dresses with bra designs. My assumption is she knows young women will think they’re cute.

From "Lagerfeld, Analog and Digital" nytimes.com

At first I thought it was "messy" in the sense that there seemed to have had an indecipherable superposition of many different things that could have made you lost your way. The detail shots however resolved part of this issue and made me appreciate some parts of this collection a little bit more. Yes, it's very "athletic".

Nice coats but over all its tacky and very Desigual but in a luxe way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hosewearer
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->