Prada Mens S/S 11 Milan

Well, there are few things that I don't like in this collection, like the denim pieces, but I actually hate denim on the runway, no matter who would do that.

Not really keen on the shoes either, but generally I love how clean and fresh it is. The white collars give such a fantastic feeling to it, plus that shirt is just to die for :heart:

gq

I'm überexcited for the womenswear now!

well, after seeing the full collection, it love how young and fresh it is as it's growing on me but still, it doesn't have the 'luxe' statement.

Review from style.com :flower:

MILAN, June 20, 2010

By Tim Blanks

What was that set that the Prada audience walked in on today? Rows of massive concrete columns held apart two huge metal grilles, forming a boxy industrial space that could have been an underground car park, or the foundations of a skyscraper, or the bowels of the Battlestar Galactica. But then the lights snapped on with a sizzle, the mutated pulse of "Bela Lugosi's Dead" filled the room, and the show started with a lean blue suit, white shirt, and tie—the traditional male business uniform in all its three-buttoned glory.

As things progressed, uniforms from around the globe emerged as the theme. Backstage, Miuccia Prada explained that she had wanted everything as simple as possible in terms of fabrication, construction, and silhouette. So she used cotton, the hardest-working fabric in the world. From there she landed on the idea of working clothes, with a number being made from denim, the hardest-working cotton of all. Denim was used for hospital scrubs, layered over a shirt and tie of the same fabric, and was also cut into some of those lean three-buttons, one with white contrast stitching.

There were blues other than denim blues that evoked other uniforms: postmen, sailors (lots of boatnecks). Potent hits of color, meanwhile, were intended to suggest uniforms from other countries, the cross-cultural crush being a Prada signature. Striped shirts even looked a little like sports kit, especially in tandem with the baggy shorts that gave the collection an added airiness. Shoes took the weight this season with superthick soles made from sandwiching other soles together: wing-tips, espadrilles, trainers.

The week in Milan so far has been marked by heavy-ish collections that seem to pay little mind to the season for which they're intended. True, the weather here has been laughably grim for the start of summer, but Prada at least offered clothes that were light, playful, and optimistic, culminating in bright striped cotton sweaters that said it can only get better from here

the accessories in this collection remain the most interesting components of these looks and even they could get left aside as nothing new. it's a styling witticism to make sunglasses that hackneyed -- seriously, they look like oakleys -- look like interesting necklaces. however, after that, there's nothing but prada basics here presented in a less-than-novel way. cute shirts though.

Usually not into Prada but this season is an exception for me. I love literally EVERYTHING about this collection. The venue, the models, the clothes, the colors, the big pants, the chunky sole, the collars, the glasses, just EVERYTHING. I thought Burberry yesterday was awesome but this collection practically exceeds my expectation. Bravo Miuccia

OMG what the hell is this?
Seriously this is the worst collection ever from Prada,most of the things are cheap,tacky and terribly ugly:start with the waist bags(WTF??who's going to wear them??),then unflattering big pants that look like skirts,shoes copied from Nike...
The clean cuts and the "dentist" outfits are not even that bad after all,but the whole show is a mess
I have only word for this FUGLY

OMG what the hell is this?
Seriously this is the worst collection ever from Prada,most of the things are cheap,tacky and terribly ugly:start with the waist bags(WTF??who's going to wear them??),then unflattering big pants that look like skirts,shoes copied from Nike...
??? i would not doubt it at all if those bags are one of the most sold pieces come spring.

omg, the shoes are horrible. the sweaters at the end look cheap. and what's up with the hospital clothes?
this collection lacks the feeling of luxury, which is a good thing. but many of the outfits becomes too plain, easy to adopt a budget version though...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry about that, StreetALicious. I'm not sure if you like what I posted, or if I annoyed you wth all of my posts....but I sincerely wasn't trying to upset anyone on here.

nothing against your posts, but you should have combined all those links in one post. else it's considered 'spamming'.

Not too keen on any of the denim, but that's just my personal taste. The scrubs look excellent, however, and the colors are charming. The only thing that rubs me the wrong way is that Miuccia did her "elevate common materials" thing again. It does always tend to come out nicely, but the problem here is that (just as she did with her infamous nylon backpacks) using such mundane items she focuses on complete elitism. Yes, you can go to any nursing uniform store and pick up a pair of hospital scrubs, but even if they're identical, you can't pretend they have the same cachet as a set from Prada.

Does anyone have access to GettyImages? They have some lovely HQ's of this collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->