tFS Fashion Schools Mega-thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
silvi said:
Does someone have experience with the UCAS applications? Is it true you have too pay application fee? But if you apply are you inscribe to their school? Well I live in Belgium and their we inscreibe in the summer vacation because we will get our diploma's in end Juin...

i think my ucas form was £10 because i only applied for one school for every school you aplly to its and extra £5 or something like that but you can only apply for 3 schools at this time (january onwards)

oh, with me it's £5 if you're just appying to one, but then £15 if you're applying to all 6

^yeah thats right i only applied to one because i was being cocky so it was £5

primad said:
I'm currently getting my B.A. in English at a fairly good public university in the U.S. but am looking into doing the M.A. program in fashion journalism at CSM. Is it going to be really competitive to get in since I don't have any fashion background?

Thanks for all help!

I think your background in english is the most appropriate. You won't be doing much designing in a writing program.

Advice on Schools

hello! I am new to this so please bear with me.

A little background:
I am finishing up my senior year in a small town neglected from Fashion, Art, and all Creativity. I found out that i had a passion for fashion for i've always been the unique one who always stood out because i had a different kind of creativity. It is hard to pursue it in such an environment and would like to know a good way in starting my dreams.

So i have some questions about some schools and would like to know some of your opinions...whether you've attended them or not, what you've heard or experience...all would be great. so what do you think about
FIDM?
OTIS?
F.I.T?
PARSONS?
any other schools that you have in mind that are good...please let me know

Thank so much for your advice
sincerely

-Inez-marie

I got accepted in FIDM, but i start hearing bad things about it. Is ANYONE ATTENDING SCHOOL IN FIDM???? if so, is it worth it? Are they helping you out well?

also, i hear that their classes are not transferable into F.I.T. and Parsons...is this true?

did anyone answer you question

did anyone answer you question? because i'm interested in F.I.T. and Parsons also...

whorelikedior said:
hi everyone!

within the next couple of weeks ill be sending my apps out to ny fash school (parsons, fit, lim) and on in chicago and newton (in mass) im excited but of course VERY scared. any tips??

fashion summer programs

Hi, i was wondering if anyone has attended the summer program at parsons or LIM and if so how it helped them. i am really interested in doing a summer fashion program in nyc so any feedback on your experiences would be great!

any school offers art history certificate in new york?

I am a fashion design student in new york. I want to study art history on summer breaks and get a certificate degree. does anyone know any school offers art history certificate degree in new york? appreciate it....

I'm a

Hi everyone! I am in my final year of my BA in Fashion and Business at Portsmouth Uni (not the most glamourous place in the world!) but it is a new course (I am only the 2nd year to do it) I am seriously job hunting at the moment to marketing/advertising places (sacchii, etc) but am scared that the 'fashion' bit in the degree will scare them? What do you think? Do you think I should get in touch with the firms that do the advertising for the fashion houses? x

why not? sounds like a good idea to apply for agencies that work with fashion houses
i dont think advertising cmpanies will get 'scared' with your fashion background, on the contrary, it may help you in your search, good luck to you :lucky:

Parsons

I read all these 42 pages...my eyes are killing me...:blink:
It's very helpful,but dont really have the info I need,I am planning to apply Parsons,for the major design and mangement .
I finished my high school last summer.I am now studying TOEFL,so my english is not very good.Hope you guys understand what I am talking about.

I have some questions,and I really need some advice,
what are parsons looking for on design and mangement students?Is it easy to get in?
And the home work,do u have any advice?I have an idea,but I am not sure if they'll like it.so what are they prefer?
How about the scholarship?I know it's hard to get it,especially for international students.but how hard?and what can I do to get it?
I am not rich at all.so the scholarship meant a lot to me.

Thanks.

I am too.

I have a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration. I really want to have a career in fashion marketing or buying. I'm wondering the same thing. Should I go to fashion school? Is it necessary? There are programs at Polimoda and LCF that Im considering. If anyone can help, please let me know.

I am seeking to pursue a Masters Degree in Fashion Marketing/ Buying. I'm looking at Polimoda in Italy and LCF in London. Where I live, fashion schools are few. So this search is new to me. Anyone have any suggestions? Is a masters degree necessary? I figured I would be a little more marketable being that I don't have alot of experience in the industry. Let me know!!

as far as i know LCF is a good basic choice both for fashion journalism and for marketing.. their degrees are quite 'respected' worldwide..
not sure about Polimoda Italy, i'm afraid i've never heard of this school before

J.Shi said:
I read all these 42 pages...my eyes are killing me...:blink:
It's very helpful,but dont really have the info I need,I am planning to apply Parsons,for the major design and mangement .
I finished my high school last summer.I am now studying TOEFL,so my english is not very good.Hope you guys understand what I am talking about.

I have some questions,and I really need some advice,
what are parsons looking for on design and mangement students?Is it easy to get in?
And the home work,do u have any advice?I have an idea,but I am not sure if they'll like it.so what are they prefer?
How about the scholarship?I know it's hard to get it,especially for international students.but how hard?and what can I do to get it?
I am not rich at all.so the scholarship meant a lot to me.

Thanks.

I also want to apply to Parsons! :D I haven't finished highschool yet but I've been gathering information about design schools for a while now.
A lady from Parsons actually came here a few months ago to talk about the school and give info to the people who are interested, and she told us it is important to include some observational drawing (life drawing) in our portfolio. You also have do this specific exercise and submit it in. Briefly, you have to choose an object or an event and represent your chosen object (or event) in 3 perspectives.

I think you should go to the school's website cuz they have all the information. I dunno if it's really hard to get in but there are sooooo many ppl who want to get in so i wouldn't think it's easy. I personally don't think that it would be different for international students cuz I know some ppl from here in Bangkok that graduated from Parsons and they didn't think that being an international student was an issue.

I need help!

Hey Everyone! I'm new to the board...and i need some advice. I am currently a Junior in high school...but i'm planning out what I want to do. I've wanted to major in fashion for a very very long time. I'm not your typical "oh i love shopping, so i want to be a designer" teenage girl. haha...i'm actually very good at drawing as well. So anyways...I'm looking into schools already. Istituto Marangoni instantly looked appealing to me. I need a lot of information thou. Tuiton?? And wouldn't I need to take a beginner course before i can take the master one?! How does the school look?! How hard is it to get accepted?! Thankx so much for helping! -Kristin.

why dont you type 'Marangoni' in our search feature and come up with all related posts? this may help..

welcome to tFS glitznglam :flower:

Qtinez7 said:
I am finishing up my senior year in a small town neglected from Fashion, Art, and all Creativity. I found out that i had a passion for fashion for i've always been the unique one who always stood out because i had a different kind of creativity. It is hard to pursue it in such an environment and would like to know a good way in starting my dreams.

So i have some questions about some schools and would like to know some of your opinions...whether you've attended them or not, what you've heard or experience...all would be great. so what do you think about

That sounds EXACTLY like my hometown in CT, rural and not too encouraging of creativity, but I was lucky enough to have a pair of amazing art teachers that helped me through it.

I'm a freshman at Parsons right now, in my Foundation year and planning on majoring in Fashion Design.
I know the ropes pretty well & like I said in another thread, if you or anyone has any questions at all, feel free to PM me and I'll answer to the best of my knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->