The Costume Institute Gala 2009: The Model as Muse

wow I'm really interested in all the drama surrounding Azzedine

and I have to say that this is the best red carpet event of the year!! can't wait for the pictures

Im really looking forward to seeing Audrey Tautou the most but also Liv Tyler, Halle Berry, MK & Ash (if they are attending) & more. The sad thing is I probably wont get to see the photos until tomorrow & since I have to work maybe not until tomorrow evening... now that sucks lol.

Audrey Tautou just attended the premiere for "Coco" in Madrid, Spain tonight. So I doubt she'll be there tonight!

I know I just noticed that but I can dream lol. I wonder what happened... she was on the list.

SO EXCITED.

I've been through a red-carpet drought.

When does it start? 1 hour?

It seems like half of the guests dropped out now....I hope someone will still attend! :wink:

Why isn't Azzedine attending?! :doh: He is so much more worthy of being there than some other newer 'talents'.. :innocent::lol:

I know! :cry: Seriously. Azzedine is a living legend. I'm really disappointed by this news. And I was really looking forward to seeing "the trinity".

Last edited by a moderator:
Tonight: the Met Costume Institute Gala! But "the Trinity"—Naomi Campbell, Linda Evangelista, and Christy Turlington—will not be there! Why? Because they hate Kate Moss! And because they all have various other good excuses, probably, or at least Christy is out of the country filming a documentary or something. Also basically no one is going to this damn gala! Not Karl Lagerfeld, Dolce, or Gabbana! But still, Page Six says even though no one is going it will still be a wonderful Gala, the most beautiful one in history. They are so conflicted this morning!
Whattt?

You can't have "Model as a Muse" without the Trinity there!

He blamed the omission not on the Met’s chief costume curator Harold Koda, but rather on Anna Wintour, the editor in chief of Vogue, who organizes the party. “She has too much power over this museum,” he said. (Alaïa has had very little presence in Vogue in the last 15 years.)

Does Wintour have something against Alaia?

Well, if Anna is behind it - this isn't helping her already poor reputation one bit.

It starts!!
"Daisy Lowe in gold cocktail dress!" via Teen Vogue Twitter

I have to say, I am almost uninterested in the gala, now. No trinity, no Stephanie Seymour, Audrey Tautou is in Spain...no excitement (for me, anyhow).

Whattt?

You can't have "Model as a Muse" without the Trinity there!

Does Wintour have something against Alaia?
Wintour and Azzedine have never gotten along, and he publicly once made some remarks about her, about her style (not nice!), and ever since he has been absent from US Vogue.However that was a while ago, and i thought its water under the bridge, guess not!

How stupid that the worlds most famous model trio wont be there!!!

"Kate Moss in gold turban!"

Sounds interesting!

It's not water under the bridge with Azzed and Anna. I remember reading not too long ago about some foolishness with them

Views of 'The Model As Muse: Embodying Fashion' Costume Institute Gala preview at The Metropolitan Museum of Art May 4, 2009 in New York City

getty

What is Kate wearing!!:shock: I do not like that at all

Heidi Klum in navy J Mendel...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
opalmaia170
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"