The Model & Celeb Weight Thread [Read post #1 before posting] #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
and this is why it is such a crime to use chanel iman? because her body type doesn't conform to the dorm room pin up poster?
But her personality conforms to a fantasy of a teen-age girl / young woman living a fun and carefree life, VS is no longer strictly about selling stuff that a man or woman buys as a prelude to sex.

Oh my... -_- you guys are aware of a thing called sarcasm, right?
Yep, I was replying to your implied meaning.

^exactly. I have no issue with Chanel being at VSFS, as I've mentioned in her thread; I think she did a great job there. She has that fun energy that appeals to a lot of teens and young women, and including her shows that VS is paying attention to that demographic. My point is that it's ridiculous for Chanel to be dismissed as unrelatable while Adriana is made to seem like an everygirl just because she has a fuller (curvier, bustier) figure. Both of them sell fantasies, just different ones.

what are you basing that statement on? I'm in university and since most of us are still thin and active, I see girls with narrow hips all the time.

the united states is currently suffering from a 30% obesity rate. that's just clinical obesity, it doesn't include the category of people who are clinically overweight. the sum of those categories climbs to a shocking 61%

does it occur to you that people, at least in the united states, may be born naturally thin, but because of poor eating and sedentary lifestyles gain weight and lose the narrow hips that they are supposed to have?

but having hips doesn't necessarily mean you are overweight.
There are plenty of skinny girls who have broader hips (than model size) just as there are plenty of skinny gils who have slim hips.

Of course Adriana Lima doesn't have a 'relatable' body either. Remember the article a few pages back about what she was eating?

As for the 'no girls have hips under 36 inches' thing it is just plain untrue. I am in university and I have looked into modelling - I have hip measurements that are close enough - and several of my friends are much skinnier than me and over 5'9. Most of them eat normally or even more than normal. Most really skinny girls have bodies that look a lot more like Chanel's than Adriana's. Girls CAN relate to Chanel, she is lively and fun and has great energy. Even if she doesn't fit with the traditional VS image, why does that image have to be upheld? Why do we have to fervently support the stereotype of femininity coming in only one (rarely achievable) form? It's a lingerie brand and last I checked, lingerie was marketed mainly to women. Even if Chanel isn't every man's sexual fantasy that doesn't mean she can't sell underwear to women. Bras/panties are often designed and marketed to accentuate those 'feminine' curves for women who feel they're lacking, aren't they?

A lot of people in this thread have expressed a desire for more diverse figures on the runway and if anything, it's probably going to happen with lingerie first. Why complain that runways showcase women with one very specific and often unhealthy/unrealistic body type and then go right back and complain that one girl at a show has a body type that differs slightly?

I don't know if this is weight/diet related or not but here are some seriously purple legs.

kleinbss11016m6939436.jpg

fashionmag

omg!!!! thats indeed serious purple...
i still dont understand what the cause is.

Purple limbs are due to the lack of oxygen in the blood, it basically means the blood circulation isn't very good, so the blood has a purple-y tinge (like the veins you can see in your arms etc).
This can happen for a number of reasons, if you stand up too long, if you get too cold, if you don't have the right nutrition in your food, and for some people it is a condition they have.
It is seen in a lot of eating disorder cases.

Gosh, and it's Lara :shock: wow.
On the runway, her legs are not purple :blink:

is it really Lara? i barely recognized her! gosh, those legs.. i have to say i doubt(a little) its a worse "version" of Sigrids hands. it can't be... guess its a mix between skinnyness and something else.. wah. they are so extreme.

if you look at the face around the mouth, she looks so skinny. like the mouth is sticking out through the skin because theres nothing to cover it. PLEASE LARA NO! ((

In this instance the angle is partially to blame but she is MUCH too thin. All the polish girls (I hate to generalise) are tragically underweight right now, Kasia, Anja, Magdalena and Anna J (although she's better now) need to put weight back on. Anja said in an interview she's 49-51 kilos which is way too low for her height. I hope Jac doesn't go down the same route.

omg that pic of anja is horrible, horrible horrible and again horrible. poor woman :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->