The Model & Celeb Weight Thread [Read post #1 before posting] #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
to marjanthelion: Mila Kunis and Natalie Portman had to lose around 20 pounds to play ballerinas for ''Black Swan''. They are both back to their normal weights now :flower:

Look how much Sigrid's face has changed.
020.jpg

fashionweekparis.com

I don't know if this is weight/diet related or not but here are some seriously purple legs.

Really people? You judge by one photo? Let me give a other one:
calvinklein_rtw_sept_2010_011_173631404586.jpg

It just a matter of horrible lightning backstage and have a little more red skin. No so weird, more Dutch people got that. Yeah she could be cold or standing to long but eating disorder or put to that in weight thread? Come one, it's not possible to have only this color legs only by CK and not elsewhere..

I wasn't judging by one photo... in fact, I wasn't even judging.

The reason I posted it in this thread, was because purple hands/feet are often brought up. With Sigrid it seems obvious that her poor circulation could be to do with her weight loss, because she has lost a lot of weight... but with Lara? perhaps not.

We know about Sigrid's problems but what about Constance ?

I wasn't judging by one photo... in fact, I wasn't even judging.

The reason I posted it in this thread, was because purple hands/feet are often brought up. With Sigrid it seems obvious that her poor circulation could be to do with her weight loss, because she has lost a lot of weight... but with Lara? perhaps not.

I didn't mean you by jugding :wink:

wow the legs in post #79 ..It's baffling how she can even stand up :shock:

I guess you people are all aware of the fact that Lara has been alcoholic for quite some time AND she is still smoking like a chimney. Now, you go figure out where those purple colour on her legs comes from...

I think girls always look healthier in VSFS photos. But even if an active high-fashion, short-term VS model looks so in photos, that doesn't mean she will be "healthy" like that forever, she will continue losing some weight because the fashion week is again near. IMHO.

And as someone speaking earlier, VS is about business, they feature a variety of figures TO SELL. And small note here: variety of race too.

008.jpg

fashionweekparis.com

Sigrid again in 2006. Shocking, isn't it? :(

We know about Sigrid's problems but what about Constance ?

They were about 16 years old in this picture. As we get older and turn into adults, we all loose a certain amount of "baby fat".
Constance has changed since the EML contest but I think it has only to do with her getting older. If you look at pictures from her 1st season, she is pretty much the same now and anyway she is curvier than the average model.
Sigrid on the other hand has changed dramatically.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I recently made a genetic lottery comment and if you read my posts in this thread, I am certainly not a celebrant of emaciated models, but I am not a radical anti-thinspo either who assumes that every visible clavicle or hipbone means an ED. To me, winning the genetic lottery means being tall and thin (but not frail or refugee-like) with the right hip-to-waist-to-bust proportions and a having a face and body that photographs well. It also means having the right look at the right time.

I'm with you! I only recall seeing the term once in here, however, i was referring to seeing it around the internet in general really, not the fashion spot. Some of the dialogues/discussion around many of the celebrity/fashion websites out there are simply riddled with it, and not in a healthy way.

My personal 'lottery' ideal would more likely be petite and slim, along with the photogenic face, etc. But yes, in the modeling world, your description makes perfect sense. :flower:

***hurghh! I was replying to an earlier quote here, and completely messed up the code, sorry folks!***

Last edited by a moderator:
I know that has been discussed but WOW Crystall looks so thin here, what's her actual size?
She should be a size 6 (us) now!
Crystal9.jpg

and what with the neck

models.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member