The Model & Celeb Weight Thread [Read post #1 before posting] #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
The poster's English is so broken I actually couldn't tell... :innocent:
The rest of us could, so I guess it's not the English that's the problem here :wink:

Maybe all of us should give the sarcasm a rest, we don't want to confuse any more Americans :lol:

Behati looks yummy IMO. She has what I'd call a realistic body - most of us have some non-muscular stuff on our tummies :smile:lol:smile:, the difference is that Behati's tummy looks a lot better than the average tummy :D

does it really? maybe because i'm still young but i think behati's tummy doesn't look especially nice at all (in comparison to average). the rest of her looks good though.

and Fantomette, i think you're right that she's either got issues or she's very hypocritical, but i've thought so from the beginning. the weight loss she initially described (that began her eating disorder) sounded like 'starting to eat healthy' but she made it out to sound really horrible - i started eating more fruit and vegetables and stopped eating cake and sweets! how AWFUL and disordered - and she described herself as being at a very low weight already when she actually started calorie restricting. this was by her own account so it struck me as strange that she would so quickly go from being anorexic to being very fat and her pride in saying that now she eats lots and lots of cake etc. also sounded not-so-healthy to me. i was glad when she started losing weight because it made me think maybe she was getting a bit healthier, but then her weight loss was very drastic.

on the other hand, she's still just a person. we may see her as an icon but i doubt anyone wants to see themselves as one. she wants to feel good about herself and/or make lots of money, and being thinner is helping her with one or the other, i'm sure. giving her so much heat about it is kind of unfair - just because she was in the spotlight for gaining weight doesn't mean she's perfect and will never relapse, if that's what's happening. it also doesn't mean she needs to see herself as a role model for the rest of her life. it's her body.

does it really? maybe because i'm still young but i think behati's tummy doesn't look especially nice at all (in comparison to average). the rest of her looks good though.
I don't think you've seen an average tummy then :smile:

We all sit behind our computers and judge other people, but how would you feel if it were you?

Sure, models are paid to look good, but they are also human. They don't need to look perfect. Are you all perfect at what you do all the time? Surely not, nobody is. I just think these comments are so twisted, and some people obviously don't put a lot of thought behind their comments.

how young are you?

majority of women will have a curve to their lower tummy
a 'pouch' as it's referred. because fat is stored there to protect ovaries etc.

views definitely change with age
for the majoirty of women once the metabolism begins slowing down (25+), and you have a baby or two, behati's tummy i'm sure will seem like beyond perfection.

i think the fact that behati is wearing that ribbon strapped around her, isn't helping... it gives the impression it's digging in. it's definitely refreshing to see her though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Crystal looks good too but her super-defined cheekbones and rapid weight loss make me wonder whether it was really just hiking and nothing else that did this to her. If she seriously got this way after a few months of moderate exercise then it would suggest to me she was extremely unhealthy at her plus size weight because weight shouldn't drop that fast just from walking around a bit. It looks like she's dropped by 6 sizes from half a year ago. So either she's lying about her weight loss tactic or her lifestyle must have been extremely unhealthy before. But her body looks pretty good, whether or not it's healthy for her, and I do wish more models had bodies like it. She looks perfectly lovely in the clothes and I don't see why models of that size would normally never get hired for a shoot like that.

That's exactly what I'd been thinking.

Behati looked fine, so did Chanel. They both represent body types that diverge from the VS Fantasy, and I think that's a good step forward.

***Edited***

Let me introduce you to...this.
She didn't look that bad at fashion week.In fact she looked better than she did her first season so I'm assuming is the lighting/tanning/clothes combo.

i think the fact that behati is wearing that ribbon strapped around her, isn't helping... it gives the impression it's digging in. it's definitely refreshing to see her though.

That's what I think the "problem" :smile:rolleyes:smile: in the picture comes from. It doesn't matter what size you are, if you wear something that digs into your skin like that or is a size too small you will look larger than you are.

I....(dare i say this)...actually like Crystal's new frame. She looks smoking in that new Harper's ed.

I cant believe people call Behati "fat" or "chubby".

Sure, models are paid to look good, but they are also human. They don't need to look perfect. .

I do not agree, I think they do need to be close to perfection most of the times because that's what they are payed for. I do not look perfect, but i also do not make a living, and a very good one, based on something as superficial as the way i look. So yes i do think her belly does not look good at all for a model. Yes it is better than the average I know, but that's not that difficult, i live in a country when the average size is a 16 and the government is trying desperately to make people lose weight.

^True enough, but this is just ridiculous. One unflattering angle does not mean someone is an unkempt porker who let themselves go. Since I can't see any of Behati's photos in this thread, I went to hers to check out the VS shots, and holy hell, I can't see what on earth people are whining about. :blink: Legs, arms, stomach, face... everything looks good. If her belly was so unsightly she would not have been in the cast. Honestly, we're bitching over this girl? :rolleyes:

{wireimage}

Sorry, this thread is just sickening. People go on about things like it's really the principle of the matter they're concerned with, yet what they're arguing over is so arbitrary. Wish we'd all consider how ridiculous our standards are for other human beings before posting here.

I think the straps are too tight. Anyone would look like they'd been stuffed to overflowing in that getup if the straps or whatever they are was pressing into their skin, her midriff looks perfectly fine otherwise.

Also FYI, I found that course of dialogue about language to be rather rude. I was offended by the Americans comment and I can assume non-native english speakers were also offended by other remarks as well. Both sides come across as arrogant. I don't know why, it just really bothered me.

of course they are cutting in. they are (plastic?) straps. unless you are made of marble or carbon fiber they are going to dig in! We are made of flesh. Even muscle can be cut into by tight clothing. Behati looks amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noircheese
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->