The Row : from Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen #2

maybejaded, i'd say it's a pretty standard design for a shirt. it could still be from the Row though

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks Gius.

those anyone know what this is about? Is the second blog site i see this comment:

the rumour that Olsen twin label The Row is set to move to Paris may still have legs. Watch this space!

Source:http://fashionforlunch.com

is this about fashion week? :unsure:

i don't think it's a rumour...from fashionologie.com

We're hearing that another celebrity line, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen's The Row, which was originally slated to show in New York last season before canceling and decamping to Paris, is likely going to continue to show in Europe for the upcoming season.

pre-fall collection posted here: http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f60/row-pre-fall-2011-a-121489.html

Exclusive: The Row Debuts Menswear For Spring
By: Kristian Laliberte

It seems that each season, Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen keep expanding their fashion empire, leaving Nicole Richie, Victoria Beckham et al to play a game of constant catch-up. Elizabeth and James has denim, perfect peacoats and casual button-downs, eyewear, shoes, and jewelry, while the twin's higher-priced line, The Row offers up leather, fur, and a covetable collection of RTW and sunnies. Well now the pint-sized juggernauts are adding another feather to their cap with the continued growth of their menswear line— The Row menswear for spring '11 is now available on TheRow.com for the first time. The pieces take a cue from their women's counterparts, with a dark color palette and simple, minimalist silhouettes and fabrications. The t-shirts are reminiscent of Phillip Lim's guys tees that make up many a men's fashion editor's closet, though the leather pocket gives it an added punch, while the jackets channel Alex Wang and Rag & Bone. And that's obviously a good thing.

Source: http://www.refinery29.com/

LeonJacket.jpg

Hunttop.jpg

FawlyCoat.jpg

BrinklyTop.jpg

Source: http://www.refinery29.com/

I checked their menswear on the website and literally went "Are they ****ing kidding me right now?". Seriously, WHAT IS THIS. Where's the elegance, refinement that the brand is known for? Give up on the menswear if it's to show such bland clothing :judge:

MAJOR dissapointment...it's like that line that did where everything was under $50 or something for 12 year olds...

Yeah - this menswear stuff just looks bad. To be fair, the lighting and shots aren't really helping it at all. But still - they shouldn't have released these images.

hope it's ok to post this in this thread.
Holly Hunter wearing The Row, inStyle interview

hollyannatext.jpg

sourece:ohnotheydidnt

First Look: The Row Fall 2011

Ashley and Mary-Kate Olsen have some surprises up their sleeves for fall. Some of them are made out of quilted leather, fox, and lynx—including the most outsize and appealingly funny fur beanies ever seen. “We just decided do what we love and be playful,” Mary-Kate said, while her sister tried on a full-skirted fox-and-alligator coat backward—and decided she fancied wearing it that way better.

The girls were working on shooting their lookbook ahead of their one-on-one (or is that two-on-one?) showroom appointments Monday, and it’s the winter luxury factor that will stun anybody who recalls that The Row started with a hit white T-shirt and a leather legging. But The Row’s progress isn’t only about the very apparent step up in luxury materials; it’s also the tiny details the sisters are looking forward to pointing out, like the mini-Rs embroidered onto sweaters by hand with a single thread.

February 13, 2011 11:31 a.m.

01-row_230518697261.jpg
1-row_230519366859.jpg
2-row_230520883750.jpg
3-row_230520780670.jpg

source:Vogue.com

That alligator and fur coat is crazy extravagant. :shock:

So over fur. I hate that it's become popular again to skin animals alive for their pelts.

^ Yeah, never been a fur fan myself, but please tell me they don't actually "skin animals alive" - that would be extra horrible! And btw, where are alligators on the endangered species list? i don't have as much of a problem with leather, since usually (though not always) the entire animal is used (i.e., for food and clothing).

But simply using fur, feathers or skins from wild species (esp. endangered ones) really really bugs me. :'(

Those coats... Sweet goodness :shock: MUST... TOUCH... :heart:

I'm so excited to see what they'll come up with for FW11 :buzz:

Please remember this thread is not to discuss the merits of wearing fur. It is to discuss the Row.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->