UK Vogue August 2022 by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

I’m really confused as to how we’ve got the August cover after almost no time has passed since July, and also, Pride themed?

Almost feels like maybe this was the July cover but things got moved around to accommodate Beyoncé?
The parade was yesterday so I guess they wanted the reveal to coincide with that. The moment would've passed otherwise.

Cynthia and Ariana deserve their own covers.

The shoot looks like a shared editorial for Vogue's "Love All" theme for August. Maybe there's another cover that is yet to be revealed.

Pretty bad when a Vogue cover looks like a rudimentary catalog spread for the local department store.
And if this was bumped for the Beyonce' July cover, who cares; they could have printed it for the June issue.
The Gisele cover would have worked just as well if not better for the August issue.

The metallic arms and shirtless Jordan with that tasteless stuff are the worst things on this cover. RJ King, Erika Linder, Mona, Gigi Goode, Freja and Rianne would have been a better choice. Part of this cast seems that is selling hot dogs.

The cover is very bad, looks like a promotional of a reality show (like Jersey Shore for example). Only the Valentina's & Cynthia's shots are an amazing portraits & the other boring.

I think I will skip purchasing this issue...

I like the idea but honestly aside of a couple of pictures there is nothing interesting....even on the level that we saw before from M&M...this is a lesser...maybe they were not as excited with some of the people there...

Friends and family was the rule number one in fashion so there is no surprise Enninful always take that road...

Also fashion is a weird business so connections and relationships are made of convenience oof any kind.. you name it....

The cover is terrible...for me a is a little big disappointment.....

the theme and models/ celebrities choice is nice IMO but the only execution is not so good.
the styling doesn’t help either.

on the other hand the solo shots are beautiful.

I didn’t know Jordan was queer :cool:

I really like Edward as stylist, and I think he's really great stylist. But it's hard to say he is the stylist who has specific direction like other stylists. And this directionless gets way more obvious when he became a editor in chief.

Especially I feel a lot this problem from his choice of stylist. The first problem is he's giving more work to Kate Phelan than the fashion directors. The fashion directors are like a identity of the magazine. I'll never get why he has given that much work to Kate Phelan who is contributing editor and had worked with Shulman so long. Also, in my opinion she's not better than Julia or Poppy.

Second is there are too many contributing editors. I know Joe McKenna, Benjamin Bruno, Marie Amelie Sauve, Jane How and Venetia Scott are great stylist. But it's too many for montly magazine and some of them had worked with Shulman in 10s.

Third is he has hired too many stylists who worked as his assistant. And they are too weak. Especially, Dena is too weak to work on main editorial.

I think it would have been way better if he worked very simple like this way - Cover Story by him, two editorials by two fashion directors, one editorial by contributing editors who hadn't worked with Shulman in 10s.

Except the casting, I mean I can't find any difference between Edward and Shulman.
That’s my biggest problem with him

Indeed feels like a less impressive and far more disjointed version of the W Magazine cover from 2014. Not feeling this whatsoever expect for the black and white photograph of Cara Delevingne which instantly reminded me of how well she photographed by M&M for W's September 2013 issue.

A digital cover with Cynthia Erivo:

Another two digital covers with Ariana DeBose and Cara Delevingne:

Solo covers look way better. What a bad decision they took with the print cover.

I think the cover story will be this month's Vogue shared editorial. US Vogue just posted the ed but only with 8 people, prob the UK version of the ed will be longer

The Cynthia cover goes to Vogue Italia and the Ashley to Vogue Spain...not sure if only digital or for the actual issue...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->