UK Vogue June 2019 : Madonna by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

I’m hoping there’s another cover because this is very underwhelming. Choices!

That pink and blue color ruins everything, but the photo doesn't work, too

Rare to see a black and white cover.

Photographed by Mepps, and styled by MDNA! :P
Why does everything look so fanmade? The odd art direction, the colours, the lack of actual fashion in favour of the subject - no doubt she demanded on this image being used.
After all this hype, this fell down flat.

Although I’m only a slight fan of Madonna, I love this new era and I was hoping to love this cover but I hate it. I just think black and white covers should be saved for retrospectives and this cover, along with Madonna, looks depressing for a June cover. The new single that came out this morning “I Rise” is really good though :smile:

Jesus Christ... looks like a cadaver.

I like the cover. The photo looks fitting to her current era so points for that.

The only problem I have is the horrendous mix of baby blue and pink on the cover lines, but I’m quite sure subscribers won’t see those on their copies so I’m actually good with this.

At least it’s a little different to the formulaic image she’s been pushing editorially for the last few years. That said, not great in my eyes at all.

Editorial is on the site. All black and white and very dull.

Not into this whatsoever, think it's rather dull and depressing for a June cover. The cover is too artsy for me, wouldn't instantly recognize the photo as Madonna and on this occasion, I would've preferred one of M&M's simple studio shoots.

Guess we did get three Kate Moss covers last month, so I should be counting my blessings!

This would have slayed in colour. The black and white os okay, but the pink and blue - ewwww.

I do like it though. But it's Madonna.

Wow, so intriguing and arty ! I didn't expect this. I wish Madonna were also art director of a fashion magazine.

I'm gonna buy it just because she's Madonna, but the cover doesn't work for me.

The editorial just looks so boring, so disappointing, especially when I look at M&M’s work with Madonna before like for Interview or Versace!

This honestly could of been such a moment in fashion & pop culture but instead we get this dull fan made cover.

For some reason I really like it. I like the mood and expression in her eyes.

After 30 years, finally see her on the cover of British Vogue again.

I love the cover, it does look fan-made though, and she looks graceful and NOT desperate there, a good sign.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karolina P
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->